Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I had a bad night with the pain last night. I wonder if it was the weather change? We had to put the central heating on today it's so cold here. The nurses are due before two pm.
I will catch you all later.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the staple removal. When i had mine taken out im so squeamish i had to hold a newspaper in front of me so I couldnt see her. I also remember bad storms in Wales. We had a tent at the time and this awful storm started as we got ready to sleep. Kerry was a baby and the three boys who thought it was a big adventure. I was petrified. The longest night ever. Even in a caravan its bad in a storm but a tent is terrifying. We never did use the tent after that.

Have a good day after the staples are out. Cold here too ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone, hope you get on O.k @Nana moon 27 with the staple removable, I was worried about having mine out but it was fine.I know what you mean about storms and caravans we stayed in Plymouth and Dorset on our way home and both nights had gales and rain the motorhome was rocking but we were very pleased to be of the ferry by then.Have just had sonic cleaning on my teeth I hate having this done but put it of for too long and they look so much better now.We have the heating on have felt so cold since being home have a good Monday all
 
I've had these staples out before.They didn't hurt. This time was a different matter. Omg some were very painful where they been put in very tight and had scabbed and swollen. There were four or five that really hurt and when you think I'd taken 40mg morphine and two paracetamol tablets at 9.30 am it must have been bad. They definitely didn't hurt like this before.
Have a great afternoon all
Take care love Ann xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 Ouch! I had a couple of staples that stung but the rest were okay. Do you have steri-strips now?
I took Meloxicam last night for the first time since our trip to the UK etc. I feel so much better today with fewer of the niggely aches and pains. I call them the "leftovers"!

Hope you had a restful day....Jen
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope your day/evening/night has been a good one. My daughter and grandkids came this evening so that was night.

I was a bit upset because I couldn't go on my brothers birthday meal tonight but I wouldn't have been able to sit comfortably or anything. I'm only two weeks post op and I have to be realistic.

Hi @Chihuahuan, no I don't have steristrips. It's healed really very well. I'll post a pic tomorrow. The result is good, not much swelling, although the pains been worse today xxx it kept me awake a bit last night too xxx
Still I can't grumble really. I'm doing very well indeed in a short space if time, so patience is the order of the day. I don't know if I dreamt it or not but did you have another little dog? I seem to have something in my head about you adopting a little dog. Don't worry if you haven't, it's probably the morphine talking!!!! xxx good luck with your walk tomorrow, oh, I can't wait until I can post and say I'm going for a walk!!!

I will be around for a while longer. Just done my last but one Clexane injection into my stomach and had my meds. I'm in bed with my leg elevated xxx

Take care love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27,
I'm sorry the staple removal was a bit rough for you today, but it's all behind you now, another hurdle crossed. It's a shame you had to miss out on your brothers birthday, but I'm glad to hear you are being sensible.
I'm off to bed now, hopefully the wind and rain won't keep us awake tonight.
Chat tomorrow, xxx Lyn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 and friends. So sorry to hear about your staple removal. Oh my I can feel the" ouch" :groan: as you are talking about it. I am a big baby at heart :tantrum:. I am so sorry they just did not pop out one, two, three,.. I bet you will feel better now that they are out though. You know I had forgotten about the Heparin (Clexane) as I was on that as well. I hated to give myself those injections, but I have a history of having clots after an operation I had years ago and was on heparin for 6 months at that time. I was so glad when I was off of the Heparin after the TKR which was for a short stint. Folks tend to feel because you are a nurse you can take injections without flinching. I am such a whoosh when it comes to getting injections anywhere. With the RA at times I was on meds where I had to give myself injections every month for months at a time, and I so disliked it. Totally terrible I am, but I can give a good injection as my patient's tell me. I hope you have a better night tonight. It seems like the later you go to bed the better you will sleep, but one never knows. Good thing you can take a nap during the day. I pray for you to have good healing and good to have the pain relieved by the pain meds. Have a good night, a pain-free night, and a good day to all :loveshwr::loveshwr:.
 
Your not on your own about injections @chestnc. One of the nurses was needle phobic. I laughed when she said at first as I thought she was kidding. Turns out she can give them but not receive them!! Xxxx thank you for the healing prayers xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


I have posted two pics off my iPhone into here but they're huge so I apologise. That is my scar two weeks and 1day after surgery. The one does look like a split but it's not. It's where the surgeon decided to cut at the side of the already healed scar that he'd gone into, for whatever reason.

It will look better in a day or so because it's still puffy from those staples, some of which were put in so tight they'd gone into the skin and scabbed over. That was a real ouch moment!!!



Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @jul

I've replied to you on my own thread because I didn't want to derail your thread xxxx

I've learnt so much from having a challenging recovery that has taken a considerable time. In a way, it's like fate stepped in, tapped me on the shoulder and said "hey you, time to slow down". It was very hard for me as I was a complete workaholic too. I'd got my two jobs which are very demanding, then I'd come home and grab something quick to eat. An hour break at most. Then I'd start marking assignments or logging in the folders for the course they were doing. That was my life. All work, no play, apart from Saturdays when my kids/grandkids came down. Even then, I was distracted because I'd be planning something for the following weeks lessons. I dealt with all the finances, shopping, the lot. My husband is retired. He did do tea some nights so that was a help. The problem was even though he'd keep the place nice and tidy to me it was only surface clean, not properly clean. Control freak, yes that was me. The hardest part was learning to let go of the reins, ask my husband to do stuff but he'd become very resentful at me telling/asking him what to do. He found me very bossy and overbearing at the start of the recovery. He was used to having the house to himself for the last seven years and found it hard that suddenly I was around. His little routine and nice life were suddenly thrown into chaos (me).

Equally, it was as hard for me. I was used to working full on and suddenly I'm stuck, no control of my situation and you guessed it. I didn't cope. We rowed, I cried, I hated him, he shouted and oh Julie it was a nightmare. All I wanted to do was get back to our respective routines and get back to normal. It wasn't to be. Things went wrong with my knee. Suddenly, I had to face the fact I was going nowhere. I had to accept that this was the situation. Eventually, I began to adjust and now nine months on and a revision, I feel hopeful. I will not be back at work until January earliest apparently.

We have had to learn to accept that we each have our own thoughts and feelings and to talk more. Brooding silence achieves nothing at all except resentment. I feel sorry for him because now we are going through the early days of recovery all over again, with him in a caring role again (but it never really stopped in some respects) but I think we are both better prepared. I've not driven since last December xxx

He's had to go out this morning so I'm in alone. It's strange. He insisted I showered before he went. He's left me a cooked jacket potato and filling in the fridge for lunch. This recovery is a lot different to the previous one x x x

So the point I'm making Julie is not to worry about trying to do everything without some kind of a break. It does you no good in the end x x x x

Love from Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine in all honesty, do you think my scar looks ok? X sorry about the Humungous pics!!! X Thank you x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nanamoon. Ann your gams look gorgeous. Xoxo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good afternoon everyone,

Hi @Shortie I'm surprised myself. I just accidentally walked, well limped to the bathroom. I didn't realise until halfway I'd forgotten my crutches. I think it's too early not to use them. I think this is going to work!!! It feels completely different. Like you I'm not worrying about numbers. I know it's straighter because I can feel the mattress in the back of my knee when I do that quad squeezing exercise.

@susanne, thank you, how's your bf doing? Xxxx

My moms had her cataract op done. She claims she felt it. I asked what she meant and she said there was a tearing, pulling sensation. I said to her but it didn't hurt did it. She said I could feel it. I, going to talk to her later when she's had a cuppa and calmed down a bit x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
I am over the moon that you walked to the loo. You are so much better, I am happy to read so many good things about your revision.
Take it slow and easy!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I got my husband to help me into the garden this afternoon. I had five minutes with my big coat on out in the fresh air walking up and down the path on my crutches. Sunny and very cold but the air was lovely xxxx
Then I came in and slept!!!! Xxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom