Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I had lots of cat naps in the night. I've woken up in a bit of pain so I've just taken two paracetamol (Tylenol) and 10mg Morphine. I will take another 30mg morphine in an hour xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've just injected myself with Clexane (stops clots) only four left thank goodness xoxoxox the Ted stocking is making my leg and foot hot and bothered but other than that and stiffness in the knee, I am okay xoxoxox

Catch you later. I will be around for a while yet xoxoxox

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @TexasTee,

I'm doing the recovery by the book this time. I see this as my chance to get/put things right. Fingers crossed xxxx trouble is I'm off for at least another twelve weeks and I lose my salary in January. C'est la vie! Health has to come first xoxoxox
 
@nanamoon. Hi ann. Been away from site for so long. Glad I picked up to see you're home and mending properly. Please. The problems I've had at rehab with the bf since aug Back in icu again. I lodged a complaint with the nys dept of nursing home/ rehab neglect and abuse. Also complained to director of rehab for negligence. It's so sad when you have no one to advocate for you
So glad you're doing better. It's been a long road for you and you know we are all cheering you on
Will write more next time
Back at icu to sit vigil. May be in room by tomorrow
Love and feel good❤️❤️Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @susanne,

I'm so sorry to hear about your bf in ICU. When you get a bit of time you must tell us what's been going on at the rehab. It doesn't sound good xxx I hope you are okay? Will catch up with you when you get a bit of time xxxx
Thinking of you my friend
Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi all

I'm definitely feeling better. Just read the most positive posts ever on @ironman60 post in a conversation with @skigirl. If anyone is feeling like there's no light at the end of the tunnel go and take a peek at that thread. It's truly inspiring. They have the most amazing recoveries and are doing so much with their knees.

I was feeling better and now I feel even more so. Hope is a wonderful thing xxxxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope,that you are all okay and feeling good. If not, my thoughts are with you. I'm feeling okay again today. In a bit of pain early on but ok now.

Have a great day


Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and good morning @Nana moon 27 - you just don't know how pleased I am when I read your 'first thing in the morning' posts Ann. They are so very different from what you were reporting before this revision. I hope you have a great day and grandson doesn't explode with excitement. Made me laugh about you singing to him that you knew what his birthday gift was. My Mum and I always did (and still do) sing - 'I've got a secret you don't know'.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@dogwheels, my Mum always swore by Bicarb for so many things. I use it a lot. I hope your Mum's mouth eases soon with your good treatment. I agree, forget the bone graft at her age; good grief! Enjoy your trip.

I've had a bad week with a stinking cold which went from bad to worse and I had to cancel my cataract surgery which was scheduled for tomorrow. It wouldn't make sense to undergo that sort of surgery with a possible infection; ugh the mind boggles. I'm feeling more like me now, the surgery is rescheduled for 12th and I'm raring to go (well, feeling better anyway!!) My knee doesn't improve, well I suppose it won't now, this is it. I have to become accustomed to it. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it's horrid, but I can cope.

I've just read the most amazing book - The Fault in our Stars - anyone read it? I'd be interested in comments; I loved it and had to download the e-version so that i can read again (I've sent the original on to my sister).

Have good days everyone, whatever you're doing.
 
Thanks for the good wishes @Judlepip - yes I read 'The Fault in our Stars' a couple of months ago. They have made it into a film just recently. Really good and really sad. I am a bit of a sucker for weepy literature. I rarely cry so I like reading weepies just to let some tears out!
Have you read 'The First Last Kiss'? I have just read 'The Memory Book'. Both are sad but I enjoyed them.
Sorry that the knee is stinky, but glad you are feeling better after your cold - there are a lot about at the moment.
Take care
XXX
 
I am here catching up with you all. I am back.....healing well....and getting stronger by the minute.....back to work in 16 days!! Glad thing are going well ANN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby and I two days ago....not bad for someone who almost wasn't alive 5 weeks ago!
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
I've had a very restless night, don't really know why but odd. However, yet agin I'm feeling okay pain wise. The kids and grandkids are coming down today and I have to say that I'm really looking forward to it. My eldest daughter has been very upset this week because her best friends mom passed away suddenly. It was not expected. She'd been admitted to hospital with terrible pains in her stomach and the next thing she developed total organ failure and ended up on a machine. She passed away with all her family around her with then taking it in turns to hold her hand as she passed. Apparently she died in less than an hour once the machine was turned off x x xx

I was restless yesterday daytime and restless most of the night. I suppose it'd because I can't go out yet x x x x

Have a great day/nights sleep/evening wherever you are. Hopefully with minimal or no pain my friends x x x x x

All my love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you are having a good day without pain. How is the knee doing? I think the doctor is being very cautious with you because of all that you have gone through. Hope you have a wonderful day, and everyone else as well. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc I have reduced morphine by 10mg and see how I get on with that for a few days. If I'm ok I will reduce another 10mg xxxx how is your pain today? Xx

It's raining and cool here xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @pumpk1n I can do heel slides on the bed and in a chair. I cannot do a leg raise it will not budge and I'm getting worried. Xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I hope you are feeling better today. How is your walking going? Are you supposed to be able to do leg raises at this point? Thank you for thinking about me. I was feeling okay until yesterday. I started having such severe back pain. It was awful. I woke up earlier and everything was stiff and hurting. The weather here is rainy and cool like it is therefor you, but we are in the mist of a rain storm. So the RA pain is being triggered by weather. Even with pain medication and stopping all activity, the weather seems to rule. So at this point I am just taking it easy. I have to do activities I can do in the bed. I can finish the blanket I am working on, and be on the computer. I folded up some of the laundry and have solicited the use of one son to help with the laundry. Will let you know how I fare during the day later on. Hope your day is going well. Take good care of yourself.
 
Hello Ann, it sounds as if you are being looked after well, with those appointments coming through so promptly and the nurse coming in to visit you, about time too I say, you didn't get very good care the first time round. I shouldn't worry about the leg raises yet, take your time, it will come
I'm sitting in the caravan in sunny Devon with a glorious view. We drove through some horrid rain ( but to be fair we do need it) but then the sun came out. It is much chillier than in recent days, I'm not sure I've packed the most appropriate clothing.
The site is very quiet, a few families as it's the weekend, but they will head off home tomorrow so the children can get to school. A big improvement since our last stay here is the extended wifi, as I said, I'm in my van using the internet, and there is no charge for it, which is quite unusual.
 
Back
Top Bottom