Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hello @marmora, Cathie, thanks ever so much for your support. Yes, I feel very differently to previously. I am absolutely certain they found something wrong and are not letting on. However, you know what? I don't care as long as the problem has been solved.

My daughter is trying to push me into suing because of the massive impact this has had both on my life and my family. I have refused. It's like any job. Things can go wrong. So what? If I'd been left totally immobile then I'd have seen things differently. I am that small percent they warn you about. That's why I see no sense in ruining someone's life/family and career in that way. I sued the cleaning company when I had my accident at work. I never want to go through that process again. It's very hard and mentally wears you out. I don't know how theses dishonest people do it as a living. My conscience would simply crucify me xxxx

Anyway, thanks for the best wishes. You are so very kind Cathie.

Love Ann xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Glad you are feeling better. Things have to look up for you as you have had more than your share of drama with the knee. Hope you are enjoying your day. It sounds like you have a good bit of steps to deal with in your home. That was what I was most afraid of before I came home. But PT at the hospital and at home put me at ease with the steps. My steps are mainly on the outside of my house then when I get in there are eight steps to the main area and five steps to the basement area. Glad you have had mom and dad and daughter by you. This is when you need family and friends the most. Sorry about the "ouchie":eeeuw: you had earlier. Sometimes we get twisted up and move wrong... Oh boy you don't need any more pain. I do understand where your daughter is coming from about the lawsuit which you would have grounds. But I see your case in point that you want to focus on your healing and put that behind you. I can go with that as a lawsuit can be tedious, time consuming, and sometimes futile. Have a good day and take good care of yourself. @dogwheels, I have the same smiling cat downloaded in my computer. See how great minds think alike. Have a good day as well and to everyone else.
 
Ah thank you @chestnc. You are very kind. I actually feel like I'm finally on the road to recovery and not before time!

My stairs from the ground floor to the upstairs of the house have a curve at the bottom and a curve at the top. I have come downstairs for an hour to sit up and watch tv. I just watched an old Rock Hudson/Tony Curtis film called Operation Petticoat. It was cheesy but great!

How is your RA at the moment? I do so hope that it is under some sort of control x xx

Take care Christine love Ann xox
 
@Nana moon 27
You sound so happy and settled and home, and I'm so glad to hear you say that you are on the road to recovery- at last! Keep up the good work of resting your knee, hopefully you will be back to full mobility before too long, but please don't rush things.

Take care Ann, best wishes winging their way to you, chat soon xxxxx Lyn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 :wave:Glad you are doing okay on the stairs. I love movies like Operation Petticoat --they make me feel good :) I watched lots of things like that when I was elevating and icing. You can doze off and still know what is going on..... Hope you are being pampered. :ice::flwrysmile:
 
Hi Ann so pleased you are resting and you sound quite happy which is good. Dont really blame you for not suing. You need as little stress as possible now and just concentrate on your recovery. So many things have gone wrong for you but hopefully this is the beginning of all things good. Take care Ann well you can stop walking for a little while


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1412175371.598961.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm feeling very positive indeed xx the support on here is lovely and I thank you so much.


I feel hopeful for the first time. I'm doing everything by the book. I'm going downstairs no more than twice with long gap in between. I feel like I know what I'm doing this time around and this really does help xxxx

I feel relieved I feel the way I do. Maybe God has blessed me for helping that poor lady in the hospital and at last I'm being rewarded. Who knows?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @lavender I just read the sad experiences of your poor dad and I'm so sorry about what he and yourselves as a family went through. I just don't get how people can be so heartless and cruel. How do they even get these jobs?
After what I witnessed in hospital I really did have my eyes opened.

@Chihuahuan you're right about the old films. They are so nice and easy to follow xxx My favourite film of all time is Cary Grant in "Arsenic and Old Lace". Alastair Sim in A Christmas Carol, White Christmas Bing Crosby (reminds me of my favourite late Uncle) Abbott and Costello in Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein, Dracula and the wolf man and Bob Hope in Road to Haiti.
 
Ann,
You need the yellow revision banner, you can change it with Thread tools, top right just about the top post, or have a moderator change it for you.
Welcome to the revision side!
 
Thank you @pumpk1n that'll give me something to tinker with tomorrow. I'm glad you went out today. I had to cancel a long planned weekend away to Matlock Bath in Derby to see the illuminated boats and cliff top fireworks. I was gutted. I've also had to cancel my chest clinic appointment for Monday xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @bottomshollow or @referee54 could you please change my thread colour to the yellow revision TKR please. Unfortunately. I do not have the thread tools displaying on my iPad, only unwatch thread! xxx

Thank you very much
Kindest regards Nana moon 27 xox
 
@Chihuahuan you're right about the old films. They are so nice and easy to follow xxx My favourite film of all time is Cary Grant in "Arsenic and Old Lace". .
So agree :snork: Fabulous film..... The other ones that I watch when I'm stuck indoors are "The African Queen" and "Without a Clue" --the Sherlock Holmes spoof with Michael Caine and Ben Kingsley.
Your knee is looking great! :)
 
Ah thank you @Chihuahuan we certainly like the same old films and I think that's really nice to know x the James Bond spoof with David Niven (the title escapes me) is hilarious too xxxx

Thank you for the compliment regarding my knee. It does feel different already x x x thank you x x x xoxox x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann, you sound so much better and stronger. Seems like you are truly starting the healing process. Hope you are in dream land about now. I was off today and trying to still get some paper work sorted out around the house which I have yet to complete. Thanks for thinking about me. The RA has been giving me a hard way to go today. It has been a rainy, drizzling wet day today and my back has been hurting me a great deal. Also both knees were aching. So glad I did not have to go to work today. Hope you have a good night sleep.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, Glad you are getting the much needed rest that you require post-op. It is amazing how much an operation can drain your energy level and makes your body crave for sleep. I am glad you got a good nap in. Ann your op knee looks good. No swelling and neatly bandaged. Keep up the good work with the icing, elevation, and rest. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom