Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Nana moon 27, Oh no Ann, I can imagine hubby being exhausted. He probably felt he would close his eyes for a minute and was history. Oh boy and you certainly need the ice. How is the pain. I hope those pills are nearby. Hoping you have a pain-free day. Now let the healing begin. You know I should be asleep by now, but I am up trying to send out resumes for online teaching (nursing) jobs. I have a new lap top and cannot put my resume in a place and go back to retrieve it.. Bummer. I will have one of my sons fiddle with it later today. Hope you get some ice soon. Take care of yourself.
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
Now how come I can find this file and cannot find my resume to upload.. Oh well today is another day. So glad you are home!!!
 
Ah thank you @Jamie. I'm sure they will be ok now. Especially the lady with the mental health issues. They told her yesterday that she'd be going home either today or tomorrow. Amazing the difference proper medication makes! I got up for a wee at 5am yesterday. As I walked past her bed I hear a voice saying "Ann I'm so cold". The nurses had allowed her to sleep in the chair. They'd failed to put even a blanket over her. She had on a hospital gown. It was wide open at the back and oh she was dithering with cold. I spotted two blankets loose on her bed. I said "you'll have to help me out here" she nodded. I got the first one and she managed to get it over her legs. The other one was doubled over, so I got her to hold one end and I managed to drape it across her bare back and round. She huddled up in it and thanked me. Now I know I shouldn't have done this but needs must. She had a problem with the way the one nurse talked down to her and her attitude. She would've frozen rather than ask them. That's never right. I'm glad I intervened and she finally got the treatment she needed, it made a heck of a difference to her xxxx she will be better off at home xxxx

Now I'm home I can focus on me. Xxxxx

Hiya @DogLoverx3, thanks for the welcome and how are you and how's the pup ?

Catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Reading your posts Ann makes me doubly sure I don't want Dad to go into a care home, we will keep him in his own home for as long as we can. I'm off to visit him now, he will have completely forgotten about yesterday's visits and phone calls, in a way it must be quite nice to start each day with a clean slate, to forget anything disagreeable that has happened, the problem is you forget the nice things as well.
 
Hi everyone - but first off - hello Bernie @cafecortado - I saw you were lurking when I logged in here. How are you doing and are you back from Spain? I have missed you.
@Nana moon 27 - so glad that you are back home and comfy in your own bed and surroundings. Get that man of yours toting the ice pronto. I wish you lived next door, I have a freezer full of ice left over from the TKR when I went a bit mad and bought it in bulk. I shall just have to have LOTS of cocktails to get it used up!
@chestnc - fingers X'd that you find your resume and have success with your applications. A change of career in that direction seems perfect for you. I just hope that it is meant to be and you will be successful and find the perfect alternative job.
@Ellejay - I am so pleased for you that you have a date for your other knee. Big shame that you had to go through all the pain post op from your scope, but 'going in there' must have sealed the deal with the OS to proceed with the TKR. Hoping that you have as good recovery as with the first and will spend more happy hours with your legs up the wall! A winter recovery will be great for you, then in the spring you will be back on that bike and there will be no stopping you!

Talk later everyone
XXX
 
I'm sorry @Ellejay if my posts affected your decision but I was horrified at what I was witnessing audibly while the curtains were closed round these vulnerable elderly patients. One of the worst was the lady in the bed next to me. She has a broken leg. She has short term memory problem the beginnings of dementia. She used to call me her memory because I found I could jog it for her! Anyway, the one night she was crying in pain as she needed the toilet. She was constipated. They fetched the bedpan sat her on it and left her unattended for what seemed like ages. When they returned they were irritable with her saying " you've not done anything! That was a waste of time". She cried out as they took her off it. Fifteen minutes later I heard her calling me. She said she needed the toilet but didn't want those nurses again. In the end she had no choice. I pretended to be asleep when they came in. She asked for a bedpan and the nurse was very rude and said to her I brought you one fifteen minutes ago, you didn't need it then so there's no point in bringing you one now! Heartbreaking, she cried herself to sleep. The following morning lo and behold she had soiled a little. A different nurse was on and she was really miserable. Her and another nurse had to change her. All of a sudden the lady screamed out "do you have to go so far in when you're cleaning me." The nurses response was yes I have to get you clean. It was appalling. My treatment was fine but I wasn't vulnerable, old or had a mental health issue. When mom and dad visited I told mom that now way would she be in this ward where personal care was involved if anything heaven forbid happened to her. I told her everything. She was mortified.
@dogwheels I wish I lived next door to you too. I'm sure we would be great friends and neighbours x x x xox
@chestnc I hope you got your computer file sorted out xox

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
No, Ann, your posts haven't affected my decision at all, the whole family are against Dad going into a home, hopefully we will be able to avoid the need. We are thinking that a live in carer would be the next step from where we are now.
It must be lovely for you to be back in your own home again. I'm always amazed at how quick and easy it is to become 'institutionalised' after a hospital stay, I hope you haven't been affected by that.
@dogwheels
I am a bit cross that I had to go through the arthroscopy before the OS would agree to the TKR, I just knew that that is what I needed, but never mind, I'll put all that behind me now and start getting ready for Christmas before Dec 6th :yikes:.
 
Hi Ann Happy to hear you are home and that is wonderful news. Hoping all goes well for you and that this recovery will go along nice and smooth and you are being kept comfortable. I agree with not putting people in some of the homes available some I am sure are great but not all of them.

The one my Dad went to was horrible and the only time we saw him getting the care was when we visited noticing he was still in the same clothes some mornings when we visited and they seemed panicked that we actually caught on then they would take him away ten minutes before his lunch for a bath know this happened a lot and such a terrible place. Things that he took with him started to disappear and clothes were not always his. Felt helpless as no one seemed to listen even some family members thanks for being there for the people you were with and caring to listen and how much your kindness would have meant to them.

The home my Dad went to was a terrible place and would not want to see anyone going through this ever again. People who have dementia may have difficulties with short term memories but they are still aware of the things that are going on around them he did.

Hope all goes well and once again nice to see you home. Holly
 
Hello @Nana moon 27 Glad you are home - hope the ice and elevation are sorted out! Oh and get back on the candy crush game - apparently there are some studies that show that games like that help with pain control. Can't hurt :)
 
So pleased you are home. Typical you to be looking after everyone else. Now its your time. Look after you for a while. Hugs. ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1412090652.065312.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the lovely welcome home @robynhood and yes I do have to take it easy. My daughter pointed out that I have a chest clinic appointment for Monday that I'll have to cancel. I can't walk the distance let alone access the building. I have the district nurses coming out to the house on Monday to remove the staples. That's a first. Last time I had to go to my doctors xxxx

@TexasTee yes I can recommend online games to use as a distraction method for pain. I've been doing this all through my recovery. It is a very good tip indeed. How are you doing? Xxxx

Hi @lavender sorry to read about your dad's care. So things over there are as bad as here it seems

Catch you later love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Oh gosh I'm going to have to cancel my annual trip to Matlock Bath fireworks and illuminated boats. It's on 18th October. I won't manage that. It'll only be just over three weeks post op. Bother x
 
I sincerely hope that you are okay? I've had a relaxed day. Mom and dad came again today and stayed. Then my daughter came and took over my care. I've been upstairs and down four times and in the end I stayed up. I've done my heel slides etc x x x x

It's a relief to be home. I'm so tired so I'm going to sleep now in hope. Good night all please take care now x x x x

All my love Nana moon 27 xox big hugs xox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Blinking wide awake because I twisted my knee at a funny angle on the mattress. Ooh the pain! It's ok now. I slept with it elevated most of the night. As I lifted my leg down, it twisted at the foot, yikes!!!

I'm so tired xxxx :mcoffee: Xxxx
 
Ouch!
Seems to happen when you least expect it.

Bed time here, good nite and good day to all.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Good morning @Nana moon 27 - hope you managed to drift off again and get some more zzzzz's.
Take it easy and get sleep whenever you can. Hope you have got that ice coming regularly, and know that everyone is willing you on to get a bit better every day.
I told you Ann, this is your time - its been a long old struggle for you, but the winning tape is in sight now.

Busy day for me today so I will love you and leave you and catch up later.

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
XXX
 
Hi@dogwheels

It's lovely to hear from you. A lot of the heat has already gone frome the joint. I have no swelling other than the near area itself. It definitely is better whatever he's done xxx it's a pain having to restart recovery but it's easier this time and not as painful xxxx have a great day break key looking forward to hearing all about it Chris. Love Ann xxxx
P.s the kitty is beautiful xxxxx
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom