Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Good news about you and the poor woman with mental health issues. I am glad you were there to help her get the care she needed.
I hope the morphine is helping and that you are able to go home soon!
Going to go see what you posted in the limeriks thread.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 The kindness you showed the other patients caring about them and buzzing the nurse for help has made more a difference to them then you could imagine. Thanking you from all of the people who find themselves confused and needing compassionate care and everyone deserves to be treated with kindness .It is a shame that the nurses did not do this for them and so hard to watch but you should be getting time to sleep and get better and the nurses should be keeping a better eye on what is going on. The woman who had mental issues might have been confused still knows some of what is going on and probably feels that they just do not care about her and if her medication was not right might have caused her being upset. Great she spoke up sometimes this is what they need to wake up to the needs of patients that they often overlook.

Hoping that you can go home soon and hoping that you will have proper pain management when you do. Your surgeon needs to talk to you and explain why so much needed to be done maybe he did not realize how much was going to be involved but thinking would the x-rays not show them what was actually happening inside your knee . You have been patient does not seem fair you have had to deal with this since January but hoping that after this surgery they have it all sorted out and this time around you will not have to deal with what you already have from the first.

Thinking of you wishing you the best and hoping you can go home to your own surroundings soon. Holly
 
@Nana moon 27 - oh dear! Poor you!! It sounds as if things are looking up a little....but what you've been through!! I'm so sorry!

I wish I were as "savvy" on this site as so many of you are...everyone is always so quick to comfort and advise; I feel like I'm coasting on the goodwill of everyone else! hahha...! But I do think of you all collectively, and a few individuals who have been especially helpful and kind
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27,
Good morning Ann, how are you today? I do hope that you are allowed to come home soon, your stay must be a record for an 'overnight admission'.

Are the staff on the ward providing you with plenty of ice and can you elevate that knee properly? It sounds as if you are basically back to the start of the process, but hopefully with a much better outcome this time. Please have some serious rest, it will help your poor knee to recover properly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, My goodness what was to be a one day overnight procedure turns into almost a week. I am certain the staff and doctor are walking on eggshells as they know that something was a miss and they are keeping a good eye on you now for certain. I am so sorry you had that surge of pain. Oh I will be so glad when you get home and are able to control your own pain management. I know you will be happy to have your IPad as well. I have an Ipod mini so I know what you mean trying to navigate sending messages and everything is so small. I am glad you were able to help your fellow hospital companions including the poor one with dementia who was flashing.. :yikes:, I would not wanted to have seen that either. But Ann that is just who you are that makes you-you. In the mist of what is going on with you, you still are able to help others.
Reminds me when my poor mom who has Alzheimer's and was hospitalized and stepfather who was supposed to be watching her fell asleep. My mom wondered into a two-bedded men's room across the hall and thank goodness the men rang the bell frantically as they could see my mom was confused and the nurse came flying. Finally in all the confusion stepfather woke up. Whenever my mom is hospitalized someone must stay with her 24/7.
I am with @cjf1222, when I was in the hospital no one was allowed to get up unless a staff member was with them. I know each facility operates differently and you are not on a specified orthopedic floor. I certainly hope that you do not have anymore of those shooting pain episodes. Be good and take good care of yourself. My thoughts and prayers :prayer: are with you for an easier recovery and healing. :friends::console2:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 and everyone hoping you will get some answers about your knee and that it will not be too much longer before you get news you will be going home. I am sure you are more then ready.

Ann are your pain levels being managed better hoping they have made you more comfortable and wishing you the very best for a quick return home. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27
Hello Ann!

Having been away a couple of days, I missed all this ordeal you have been through. My goodness! The knee by itself is horrid without being in a ward of so many others. This is bringing to my mind old scenes of "one flew over the coo coo's nest". I thought our hospitals here were bad, but this sounds dreadful!

I am incredibly sorry you dealing with all this surgery and uncertainty. I hope you will get positive answers soon. But more importantly, I hope you get settled in at home soon with your very own bed, drugs, people, etc. take care my dear, know that we all care about you and pray for you regularly. Please post as often as you can so we know how you are progressing. Mary
 
My knee feels so much better today. I've just walked to the loo in hospital. A bit uncomfortable but ok. It's 7 days since my op today. That was a very fast week xxx

I hope you're all ok and getting on ok love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you are doing well and hope you see discharge papers coming your way. We are getting summer weather today. Won't last long. Hope you will be coming home soon. Take good care of yourself.
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
I'm back home. I'm lying in my bed a bit uncomfortable but so glad to be home. I was glad in one way to get out of the hospital but two of the ladies I befriended cried and that upset me too. The lady with the mental health issues was the worst because of her nature but she had a very kindly trainee nurse with her who hugged her as I left. The other lady had asked me to call her by her nickname. Her DiL said I was highly honoured as there were only five people in the world who were allowed to call her that and they were family! She asked if she could have my number and perhaps bring her mother in law to visit. I said yes. The rest is up to her xxx I loved her mother in law. She kept saying my positive cheeky character reminded her of her late sister. We talked about her and then she told me about her losing her husband. By the time she'd finished this sad story I was crying inwardly. This lady is so lonely but has some kind of dementia setting in. Very poor short term memory and forgetful. Anyhow it turns out her DiL is a retired no nonsense physiotherapist and gave me oodles of free advice for which I thanked her. She complimented my walking gait which took me aback a bit!

My movement is quite good. Pain is yuk but I can control it better here, cos I can put my ice pack on and elevate. There was no ice in the hospital. My surgeon told me it was Health and Safety issue. He came to see me this afternoon. He was delighted I was up walking when he came in.

On discharge, I was given a letter that says what I've had done. It simply says patella resurfacing. No mention of the spacer or anything else. I told you something more had gone on here. Well, as long as he's done the job that's just fine xxxxx

I will answer your individual posts tomorrow. I'm so very tired all. Goodnight. All my love wherever you are xxxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Pumpkln

Bless you, that is a lovely message, thank you. I definitely need to remind myself, it pays to read stuff over as we forget most xxx I had a lovely compliment off the physios. When I did the stairs (on a bad pain day, incidentally) they said I did it text book. They passed my safety side that very day ha ha xxxx

I hope you are okay? Xxxx big hug :friends:Xxxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
How wonderful that you're home! It sounds like your recovery is off to a great start. I'm sure those ladies you helped will never forget you....even with dementia! Kindness like that is so special and it takes root in a person's heart. You made a difference for them.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom