Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Nana moon 27 so glad you are through the surgery. I so agree with @ Dogwheels. No walking the halls, or doing anything that doesn't feel right. I hope your pain is well controlled very soon.. I agree with @Pumpkln I can't compete with all the big pictures, But I wish you healing soon!!!!! :ice::elevate:. Lots of rest and taking good care of yourself.
x x x
~~hopefaith
 
@nanamoon. Hi ann hoping you're feeling a little bit better. Round 2 is over. Take baby steps and remember we are all here rooting for your speedy recovery! With love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Ann

Such good news to know that you're through to the other side! Well done and Hallelujah!! Now all you need to do is recover, the worst is over, over, over! Hurray! :elevate: Get better as soon as soon can be! I hope you're all positive about how great it's going to be now and I just know you are - such a positive and happy person that you are. If you're not feeling jolly at the moment, I will forgive you! But not for long, pick up your happy spirits and come back to us. Love is evident all around you, so use it and feel good! :loveshwr: :wave::spin: So happy for you!

Love from Judith
xx
 
Hi all I had the op day before yesterday. It feels like TKR all Over again! Ouch! Yesterday walked round on frame and today on crutches. Will be in for at least next day or two so I'll read all the posts then. They come up so tiny on a iPhone! Walked on my crutches. Been told I can use then to get to the toilet woohoo!!! Still in pain but better than yesterday xxx

The staples are the full length of the scar. They replaced the spacer inside the joint and the kneecap. That's all I know at the moment. When I get back I will send a proper reply and read all the posts x bless and thank you all xxxx

Love Ann xxxx
 
Of course you hurt. They cut you open, flipped your kneecap over to cut off the diseased cartilage and bone, squished the patella button down, after they drilled holes for the posts, opened up your knee enough to take the spacer out, put a new spacer in, made sure your knee was balanced, sewed up all the layers and stapled you closed. OUCH!
Whew, go back and read the post op reading when you get home. You will need it all. I am always surprised how much I forgot when I re read it.

I hope you are feeling better, and have an uneventful recovery!

Did they remove any scar tissue?

My knee is slowly getting better. Soon we both will be ready for a long walk. Any where is fine with me.
<3


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom