Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Nana moon 27

Hello Ann,

Thoughts are with you after your long day.
May you get some sleep tonight.

With warm wishes & kind thoughts,
Cathie
 
@Nana moon 27 :gaah: Oh for goodness sake. . . I know nothing of the NHS - except for one brief contact when on holiday in Edinburgh three yrs ago - and I simply can't imagine why you've been put in this position!! My heart goes out to you!! :sad:
 
I hope you all slept well. Thinking of you and thanks for the support yesterday. Feeling a tad better today. Hoping to scat off to Wales late tonight, so wifi may be a problem again. I will try though. I promise.

Knee drove me crackers in the night, I couldn't get it comfortable no matter what I did x x x

Never mind, I'm still alive to tell the tale. X x

Love Nana moon 27 xox a flower for you all, bless you :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27

Good Morning Ann,

It is bright, dry and sunny morning here in Dublin and hope you are also experiencing the same in Birmingham and for your trip to Wales.

Imagine that both your knee and thoughts were indeed hard to get comfortable during the night after your day on Friday.

Be comforted by all the support and kindness & warmth thoughts that were sent to you yesterday.

It's hard to understand the workings of the NHS to those living outside the UK & Northern Ireland and even harder to understand when you are living in the UK & Northern Ireland when the unexplained & bureaucracy happens.

Concentrate on the Patella resurfacing on the 22nd.
And :prayer: for you that the LTKR assessment & surgery situation will be resolved for you soon.

Sharing a problem, burden,upset is what is one of the strengths of Our BoneSmart Site!

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Ann. I'm so very sorry to hear of your troubles yesterday. It's hard to believe that these errors keep occurring. What is happening to our NHS which used to be the best in the world? I answer my own question here by saying I don't think it's the medical professionals (doctors, nurses etc.) I think that a lot of the time it's down to the administration staff. I have no idea who or what an Extended Scope Practitioner is, although I admit it sounds medical; however, somewhere along the line someone made a booboo and as usual it's the patient who suffers. Also they are excellent at 'covering their backs' and those of their colleagues! No word or criticism is ever heard of, what may well have been, a botched job! Relax, if you can. Try to switch off for the weekend :ice:and prepare yourself for the next round. :tennis: At least you have the 22nd to come which will surely make significant changes. You must indeed be so gutted and you've been so very positive all along. Let your smiley character come through; you can do it. :console2:
 
@Nana moon 27 How I missed the post about your awful experience waiting and then getting sent away, I don't know. I had scrolled through many posts. Maybe it hadn't hit this side of the pond yet. ): I am so sorry and feel your frustration. I don't understand you health care system and when you said it is their way of deceasing the number on their lists I feel livid for you. It doesn't make any sense to me. I am just so sorry you have to go through all of this. We all want you to feel better! As @dogwheels has said, with all the working you have done and all the paying into the system.....it is so very maddening!
Thinking of you a lot.
x x x
~~hopefaith
 
Hi @dogwheels I didn't know that about fluid squeezing out where it can. That reassuring knowing it's not just a lump...phew!!! Xxxx thank you my friend xxxxxx
 
I'm no expert @Nana moon 27 - just saying that's what happened to me and the lump was quite hard - not squelchy, so much so I thought it was bone.
Are you off this evening? We ended up staying here today. We are just popping down for the day tomorrow so he can fix the bent bit on his boat while the weather is still fine. I'm happy to tag along, provide drinks, food and banter oh ................... and as my favourite dress shop will be open, I will have to pop in and say hello (chortle chortle).
Enjoy your time away and will chat, as and when you are able.

XXXXX
 
Hi @dogwheels

Yes Chris, we were supposed to go tonight but hubby's talking of going tomorrow now, instead of tonight. He said he not feeling 100%. I think he's overtired for the guttering job he did earlier. It's been quite some time since he's been up a ladder and it took four hours of very hard and fiddly work.

Have a lovely day tomorrow. I hope the weather is good for you.

This lump is very firm and kind of bouncy and seems to be getting harder. It looks worst when I bend my knee!

Anyway it's lovely to hear from you

Take care
Love Ann x x x x
 
I'm not sure what's happens now. Whether we are going or nt. I'm waiting for him to make his mind up about travelling tonight or tomorrow. I don't know if I can access the internet when I get up to the caravan.
I hope,to stay in touch when I can my lovely friends.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Extended Scope Practitioners are highly qualified expert therapists who work in an extended role and provide a range of interventions which include treatment, education and advice. They act as a first point of contact in secondary care assessing patients in lieu of consultants.
Did this worry you Nana? It does me.

They've been around for years under various other titles: Orthopaedic Assistants, Specialist Practice Nurses, etc. Generally they were recruited from nursing staff and theatre techs (Operating Department Assistants in old money!) However, the latest reincarnation are people who have had NO previous medical or clinical experience.They under go a whole two years of training which makes me kind of nervous! Originally they were introduced in physiotherapy/MSK but like a lot of these things, other specialities quite like the idea and took it on board too.
 
It bothers the heck out of me! When I have an appointment to see a doctor (and particularly a specialist), I expect to see that doctor - not someone with what I consider to be inadequate medical training.

@Nana moon 27
Is it at all possible that your GP could order an X-Ray of your other knee, for comparison?
 
We have physicians assistants and nurse practioners, my experiences have been good with them. And they are able to spend more time with you.
They are under direct MD supervision, though that will change as fewer MD's go into general practice. The ones I have seen have been cautious, though at times I think they are more knowledgeable that the MD's.

Nana Moon 27, I hope you are having a good weekend, and that this next week goes better for you. I agree concentrate on the TKR knee, then take care of the other one.
 
It was an extended scope practitioner that was my stumbling block after my original TKR. When I was having lots of problems after surgery I couldn't get back to see my consultant and kept being seen by the practitioner. The only way I got to see the consultant was when my GP sent me to A&E as I was in so much pain, they kept me in overnight and I eventually got an appointment with my consultant.

The practitioner was a physio and was very aggressive and caused me much pain manipulating my knee. She wouldn't stop although she knew I was in agony and I kept backing up the couch trying to escape. I was in pain for days afterwards.

On the plus side my rheumy has 2 practitioners helping him and they are excellent. They consult with him at every stage and are really helpful giving practical advice. They recognise when I have a problem and need to see the top man.
 
That is very scary if the requirements are so low. I have also had terrific PA's here in NY. They have approximately six years of education though and are licensed. Like Pumpkln said some are better than the physicians they work with.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom