Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi Ann. Sending you good luck wishes for your next appointment. Something good has got to come your way soon. Like today. Hugs❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nana,
Thinking about you... You've been sooo positive and helpful that I'm sure everyone in the forum will be sending positive thoughts your way... From what I can grasp reading your postings, you've had a heck of a time but have proven to be dauntless, so brave and so positive ..Your postings give us all encouragement and I for one, am so pleased you share your feelings/thoughts & recovery issues. It should be your "time" to heal and stop the pain. Praying for you to get some good news today.
Linda
Linda
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 Wonderful to hear that all went well at your appointment and your surgery date is not too far away. Wishing that this will be the answer to making things easier and hope that things get so much easier for you. Wishing you the best. Holly
 
Flipping well fed up doesn't even begin to describe how angry and let down I am! Worse still to realise I've been the target of professional verbal horse manure! I waited ages. I found it strange that I hadn't been sent for the X-ray I'd been expecting to go for to check the deterioration. I saw the same woman as before who is an Extended Scope Practitioner. She said "oh there appears to be duplication here". I said "no, the surgeon was a stand in for this hospital". She said that because I've been going to see him over at the other hospital which is miles away, apparently now I'm his patient, he my consultant now so it's down to him to sort out my other knee. I said "no. You, yourself told me that in February to come back in September for an X-ray as I was still a patient here." She said. "No, not now, anyway we wouldn't do work or even look at the other knee while another one is being investigated". Hang on, what about people who have BTKR? That only occurred to me when I got in the car. I was fuming. A back door way of getting their lists down, crafty lot.

Anyway, I got in the car and after telling my husband that as far as I was concerned, the hospital could go visit the local Taxidermist after this, I've decided to just stick with this one.

I'm very disappointed and extremely upset and let down. I thought I was going for some answers today. All I've come away with is nothing. I've waited six whole months for nothing. I'm gutted x x x

Catch you later
Love Ann (Nana moon 27 )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad preop was a go - it's time to get this knee ship-shape! Lets be more clear for the universe - Not titanic ship shape...more like @dogwheels husbands racing ship shape!

Sorry - we posted at the same time - I'm so sorry to hear that! I have to say this is quite outrageous!
 
Oh, Ann, I am so sorry, what a big let down. I can understand how upset you are. You have been treated disgracefully, sometimes the NHS works well and other times it is just not fit for purpose.
I'm really not making light of your experience, but you may have had a lucky escape - I so wish I had not had my arthroscopy, it will be three weeks tomorrow and I still can hardly walk! I was far better before the op. I'm lucky to be in a France, in glorious weather, so I am just sitting on my lounger, elevating my left leg, whilst my fantastic right TKR goes to waste. I can't join in any of the walks or cycle rides, luckily my husband can do so he at least has something to do.
I am thinking of you and your bitter disappointment Ann, I wonder what they will suggest next for you. That us rubbish about not treating one whilst the other is still under investigation, my first appointment for my left knee was within my six week recovery period after the right TKR. I'm just praying my OS will agree to a TKR when I see him at the end of Sept.
 
Dear Ann....how ridiculous! I don't know much about the NHS but this particular woman seems to be pulling a scam on you! It's only an x-Ray for heaven's sake. Is there anyone to complain to about this?
Ellejay's arthroscopy seems like it was an unnecessary step and painful. Maybe you dodged a bullet with this. Your major focus now is to just get the bad knee fixed once and for all.
How is the left knee at this point in time? I'm sure it feels battered after doing the extra work for the right knee.
This is so upsetting for me to hear your story. What are you options about getting an x-ray independently with a radiologist interpretation? Here it would be very pricey but could you call around and check?
But again, just concentrate on the upcoming surgery. That is the major item now and you don't need to stress about other uncontrollable things right now.
As to that tech, was she a real human or robot? Unreal.
Hope you have a good cry and then go on to have a good weekend.
 
Hi Ann - I am ashamed of our health service and in particular the abysmal way you have been treated. I could be tremendously un-PC at this point .............. but I guess you know what I am thinking. It seems so unfair that other people get every treatment they need without a fraction of the run around that you have had to put up with. I think that you are absolutely right, there is some evil logic that if they mess you about enough, you will eventually get thoroughly fed up and go away.

The saddest thing, is that part of you will want to stick up for yourself, not let them get away with it and fight back, but at this stage in the sorry saga of your ortho treatment, I don't think you have an awful lot of fight left in you my old mate :sad:.

Given that your patella (or paella as Doglover would have it - sorry Ellen, couldn't resist, it still makes me smile) op is only a few weeks away now, perhaps the answer is to get that fixed and use the time up until then to formulate a stiff letter of complaint and even better, try to find somebody to support you and take up your case. The very reason you are in this position is down to their inefficiency - plus the stand-in ortho, having to make good the work he did initially.

As you have said before, your years of working and paying into the system should give you the health care you need when you need it - and they have failed you repeatedly.

We haven't gone down to the coast today, as I think the paint finally got to me and I had a really bad head and felt yukky. I'm a bit better now but I don't want to be on my PC for too long. I'm going now to seethe and swear on your behalf. I'll PM you later Ann. So sorry - you must feel so let down.

XXOOXX
 
So sorry Anne. I also agree focus on getting your kneecap taken care of and then fight back! You have been thru enough - you should have a record if everything right in your thread! (((Hugs)))
 
@Nana moon 27 I am very happy your pre-op went well. Many prayers for the 22nd. We all will be thinking of you a lot. I am not sure what your appt. is this afternoon? Sometimes I am unable to find your posts here.
x x x
~hopefaith
 
@Nana moon 27

One down with good results -a date for the patella resurfacing surgery and less than 3 weeks away ! :yay:

Good results hopefully from your afternoon appointment also - fingers crossed.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Anne, @Nana moon 27

What a let down! :censored: :holysheep:

I can understand how upset you are. :console2: HUGS!!

I'm so sorry that happened. The NHS was a good concept initially, but somehow the wheels seem to have come off the bus!

Can you ask your surgeon who is going to do the patella work if he can check your other knee as well? If he wants to get an X-Ray of one knee, it doesn't take much more time or resources to X-Ray the other knee as well. He probably wouldn't want to touch it until he has got the first knee sorted out, but it's a good idea to let him know your concerns.

You might have had a lucky escape from the surgeon you saw yesterday! I've never head of an Extended Scope Practitioner, but it doesn't mean skilled Orthopaedic Surgeon to me! (Of course, I could be wrong!)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom