Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Nana moon 27 I've just been catching up on your thread sorry that you are having to have more surgery - it is pants isn't it but as always we are all hopeful that although our journeys have so many stages the power of BS is with us that we will get to our destinations.

I wish you all the best for your op x

Shortie x
 
Okay hello everyone it's great to be back. The house seems huge after being in the caravan so long. Got shed loads of washing to do despite going to the launderette while I was away. Still it was worth it. I'm home and those flaming stairs are driving me crazy. I've had three weeks of none and it's been great.

I had a copy of my letter about my chest consultancy and oh how sweet the consultant is. He wrote this as the opening paragraphs to my GP "dear Phil, I was delighted to review this lovely lady in clinic today...." Ahhhhh that's so nice. He is lovely though. He is about my age and has a very calming and reassuring way. My husband said on the last visit he felt sidelined, like nothing he said mattered, as he only had eyes for me. I told him to stop being so daft and that was purely his bedside manner. Honestly!!! Anyway his diagnosis is:
Infective phenotype Asthma with recurrent infective exacerbation
Mild bibasal Bronchiectasis with benign looking pulmonary nodules on CT
So I'm on antibiotic and decongestant treatment. (Azithromycin and Carbocisteine).

I'm very lucky to have this particular consultant, who also as it turns out is a friend of my GP. My GP was very pleased when I told him who I'd actually seen as this consultant was a different one to who I had been referred to originally. I feel like I'm in completely safe hands now where this chest problem is concerned. I have an awful lot of questions for the GP when I go next week. I was in a bit of shock when I was told about the Bronchiectasis, let alone the nodules on my lungs. It was only when I got home I thought of all the things I should have asked. Th consultant asked me three times was there any questions at various points during the appointment.

My problem is with the Azithromycin is that it has to be taken an hr before food. This is a nightmare because if I have a bad night with pain and don't get up early enough to take the Azithromycin, it results in my not being able to take my Morphine on time. The morphine can only be taken with food. The Azithromycin has to be taken an hour and a half before food. I take my paracetamol (Tylenol) at the same time as the Azithromycin to try and take the edge off the pain. I have that many tablets a day now to take it's a wonder I don't rattle as I walk.

The good news is that the review that was cancelled for my left knee has come through for 5th September. It's giving me an awful lot of trouble recently. The pain is coming through 80 mg of Morphine a day.

I hope,that everyone has been ok. I've promised myself to go through a few more threads later. I have to charge this iPad now it's very low on juice.

Take care will catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nanamoon , just checking in to say hi. Hope that all is well. YOu have been busy. Whats the latest with the chest infection and knee. Please fill me in. all is well with me. Knee is just fine , work is getting much easier. The initial shock on my body going back to work was u nbelievable. I contemplated transferring to a easier dept for awhile there. But now im just tired after a 8 hour shift. much more bearable. I really enjoy being a butcher and working with the guys. Plus pretty good pay and great benefits. Well hope your family is well and all the grandchildren. Best wishes Iceman
 
I've had the worst night ever. Insomnia x100 last night. I'm tired, exhausted so I'm going back to bed xxxxx

Catch you later

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Ann, @Nana moon 27

I do hope that as I am typing this you are back sleeping.
Insomnia is one of the hardest and unexpected aspects of this recovery.

A friend had warned me about this, so 2 days before my TKR on 17 July I stopped drinking coffee, tea, diet coke ( would had at least 2 cans every day) and even chocolate - anything that contained caffeine.

I have done this before with other surgery, as when you are on pain medication it helps to avoid the terrible caffeine withdrawal headaches.

I do know that some of the pain medication that I am currently taking do include caffeine - but try to have ones with a low or nill caffeine component.

Even with this I still wake up at least twice during the night, once for toilet & once for maybe a pain med.

As you often see, when I head to bed I bring the IPad and catch up on emails, posts, etc. I also take 5mg Valium with my 2 Tylex as my night time pain meds and wake for the eyes to get heavy and close. It can take 30 - 90 minutes, so it might be nearly 12:30/1:00 am before I am asleep.

Trying to cut down on the time of my little daytime naps, as sometimes they could last up to 2 hours, so that would also make sleeping / insomnia a problem.

Hope that you are :chillpill: and are having sweet and pain free dreams.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Okay all. I've always been honest on this thread, so I will tell you about my doctors appointment this afternoon.
I got in there, asked the troubling questions about the recent diagnoses of my health issues. He was quite reassuring. He very nearly put me on steroids but I explained that I didn't feel I needed them as really my peak flow wasn't low enough. Instead I agreed that if they drop, I will go straight back. He looked at me and asked how I was feeling and I explained how I'm not sleeping properly, I feel stressed out a lot and I go from being very happy to über low in minutes. I talked about the issues surrounding being on half pay, how fed up I am with my knee, my lack of mobility, how my husband is in trouble with me just for being there or breathing wrongly and then out of nowhere, I went into complete and utter melt down. I still feel a bit wobbly but I'm okay honestly. He was most concerned and asked me loads of questions, which I answered in between sobs. I had no idea that this was going to happen or how low I had got. I think I had hidden it, buried it and put on a jolly good facade. The next thing I knew he said he was worried about me and wanted me to go on antidepressants for a short spell. I said that I couldn't because of my upcoming surgery. He asked why and I explained that the hospital told me previously before my TKR, that I had to come off them otherwise they couldn't do the operation. He was not happy and said that what they had told me was completely untrue. I cried even more. Any how I pulled myself together and accepted the prescription. I apologised for all the crying and he said very kindly that with the year and health issues I've had up to now it's no wonder I'm feeling low. I said there are far worse things out there that people go through and he said it's not about them, this is you and you have to get yourself well.

I promise I am okay. I will check in later. My iPad is nearly flat now. It's nice to know I have friends in here that I can chat to.

I have not told you all this for pity or attention seeking but to let you see that I am no Superwoman, just a mere people loving mortal xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi Ann, I'm sure I speak for every one of us on here when I say I'm glad that things came to a head today so that your doctor realises how your current bout of ill health is affecting you. You have probably been putting on a bit of an act when you've seen him before, he needs to know how bad things are for you. We know you are not asking for our pity, I'm sure that we are all pleased that you feel able to talk about your health. I have always felt that to be able to talk to others really makes a problem bearable. When my daughter was going through her rebellious sixteen year old stage more than ten years ago now, the only way I could get through it was to talk and cry to my dear friends. They must have been fed up with me, but they just listened. My husband couldn't understand how I could 'talk about our business' to other people, he bottled it all up, but talking about it really helped me. Please continue to share your feelings, worries, fears with us, just as you are so supportive of us, we are all here for you and hopefully we can help get you through it xxx Lyn
 
I agree with everything you said Lynn. Glad it's all out. Not pity seeking at all. Just getting it all off your chest for once. I've been thru hell with one of my sons. He's still not talking to me a year later. It affected my health I got panic attacks and for some reason couldn't talk to my husband because it wasn't his son. It was only Anne I could talk to. Bless her. She put up with hours of me ranting on. I hope talking to the doctor today has made you feel better Ann and you start getting some results. You've been there for everyone on this site. Now we can be here for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh @NanaMoon27 I want to just hug you. I cannot believe you were told that about antidepressants and surgery. I actually thought you were already on them as you have so many things going on. I feel bad for never bringing up the subject. I have been on them for several years and almost think anyone having this surgery should be. Please take care and feel better. Xoxoxo JoAnne
 
@Nana moon 27 - I'm sorry this has been a rough year - you didn't mention it so I assume he's kept you on the morphine - before you add in the Anti-depressent, please check for drug interactions - I just googled and the site said it could cause further issues with your breathing. This is generic though, you should go to one of the comparison sites and type in all of the meds you are on including the formula he wants you to try and see - or even ask the pharmasist. They seem more informed about drug interactions than the normal GP.

Antidepressants
Combining broken link removed: https://depression.emedtv.com/antidepressants/antidepressants.html with morphine sulfate could increase your risk of side effects, such as drowsiness, confusion, memory loss, or difficulty breathing. Serious side effects may also occur. Talk to your healthcare provider before taking morphine sulfate with an antidepressant, as you may need to be monitored more closely and the dose of your medications may need to be adjusted.
 
@Nana moon 27
My dear Ann,
It is good to have a "safe place" like BoneSmart where we can be real and let others know what we are going through and know that this is the place where support & kindness & a listening ear is always there.

Ann, your doctor sounds very wise and kind.
His words that this is about you and not others, that you feel are worse than you.
Your goal is to concentrate on you and the journey that your are on your recovery.
We are hear to listen and share the with you.

Never feel you have to apologise for crying, it is an expression that comes groom the heart.

With Warmth & Care,
Cathie
 
@Nana moon 27 ,
I am shocked about the anti depressants, :scratch:. Glad you will be able to benefit from them, I have been taking them for a couple of months and they do help. I agree do check with the pharmacist for interactions, and the best time to take them.
I am not left handed, but I did marry a left hander. For some reason I always admired people who were left handed.
Taught myself to write with my left hand in the second grade, and can write upside down and backwards with my left had like it was nothing. For some strange reason I deal cards left handed, not sure why, but guess I mirrored someone when learning.
Everyone take care, and have a good rest of the day/evening,
 
@Nana moon 27

Dearest Ann,
I wish I could come to your house and give you the biggest hug ever! :console2: :friends:

As Lyn ( @Ellejay ) so aptly says, it is good that you had a meltdown at your doctor's appointment. You needed to do that and he needed to see it. Even without getting the antidepressants, it probably did you the world of good, because tears are so healing.

I'm sure we all understand and feel your pain with you. Nobody here feels you are just looking for pity or attention. Heavens, girl, we love you and we care!

I'm pretty sure that almost every one of us has had our own dark times, and you have been through so much that you wouldn't be human if you didn't, too.

With love, :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
Caryl
 
Gosh...I'm totally overwhelmed at the love, support and understanding I've been given by you all on this site. All I can say is a massive thank you and even that seems not enough.

I count myself as being very fortunate to have found this site and having so many friends on here. You truly are amazing caring human beings. Thank you for being you.

Anyway, I hope you've all had a great morning/day/evening wherever you are. Bless you all so much for caring, sharing and the extra advice about the meds. I will check it out in the morning with the pharmacist when I get the meds. I have to take the antidepressants in the morning, so I will go first thing.

I have to be at the hospital for preoperative assessment at 11.15 then take my sick note into work xxx quite a busy day ahead tomorrow.

Take care all and please accept my love and gratitude for your friendship xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 (Ann) xxxxxxx. :flwrysmile: This is for you xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 - I have been running down all the posts ticking the 'Agree' button on each one. All I want to say has already been said most eloquently and caringly. I am so sorry that you had your 'melt down' but agree that it was time your GP knew the enormity of your recent ill health. You have put up with so much and with such good grace and generosity of spirit - that something had to give soon. Better out than bottling it up! He's spot on about it being about you and not others. Time to look after No1! Hope the pre-op assess goes OK tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you XXX
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all

I hope you are all ok my friends?

I managed six hours sleep. Woohoo. I have to force myself to get ready, wash my hair etc ready for hospital. I just feel like scraping it up into a pony tail, scruffy jeans and a casual t shirt but no, even less so while I'm carrying this excess weight. Not a good look. So I have to do this. I feel wiped out this morning despite sleeping!

Catch you later
Love nana moon 27 xx
 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'Aaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been cancelled because the nurse has rung in sick. This just beggars belief! Worse still I'd just had my shower and washed my hair which I really didn't want to do!!!!! BOTHERATION!!!! Xxxxxxx
 
Hi all

My appointment has been rebooked for 5th September. I contacted the consultants secretary, she spoke to the registrar and no, I don't have to stop any of my medication before my op on 22nd September. So I am at one hospital for the TKR appointment and another for the left non operated knee in the afternoon xxxx

I also spoke to the pharmacist about the combination of my meds. She checked it all out and said that it was fine. However, anything unusual I have to contact my GP.

I'm very tired so I'm going off for a nap now

Take care all my love from Nana moon xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom