Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Dear Ann, It has always sounded like something was not right and now you have the answer. I'm glad this will be done fairly soon as you can finally expect an end to the constant pain in that knee. Before you worry about the other knee just keep your on getting the relief you need on the first. First things first. Enjoy some time away and feel good about the plans of action you now have in place. Love, Christie
 
Hi Ann, although I know you wished for a 'quick and easy' fix, at least it will hopefully be a fix. Finally an end to your pain. Yes, another surgery, but hopefully this one will do the trick and you will finally be on your way to recovery! xoxoxo
 
@Nana moon 27 I am also glad you got some answers. At least you are getting reasons why your knee has been so painful! I hope you get a date soon!
x x x
hopefaith
 
Hi @Judlepip hopefully now this is the road to my recovery....... Oh this site is playing up. I can't even get an emoticon up! I was going to out a prayer in. Never mind @hopefaiths had the same trouble too xxxx
 
OK - first off where did all the posts go??? I have been looking on here since I got home this evening and there was nothing. I thought I would leave a message for @Nana moon 27 before I go to bed - only to find that loads have appeared as if by magic! Ann, I am so pleased that you have finally got a proper reason for the pain you have been suffering for so long and that they will be fixing it very soon. At last - a diagnosis and a plan of action. While no one likes the idea of an op, at least this should put things right for you and after a bit of recovery, you can start getting back to a normal life again. Hurrah!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all

I'm having problems with this site tonight. I think it's to do with the upgrade. Thanks for all the lovely responses. I'm feeling hopeful now for the first time in a while. I feel like I'll be on the road to recovery before I know it. I started my chest medicine tonight. My GP rang me to say that yes I could still take my statin as it's a low dose, with the antibiotic for my chest as well as the decongestant. I told him about the diagnoses and we had a good chat on the phone about them. He said he was glad my surgery wasn't for a while as the new meds should protect me from infection after the next op. I felt a bit better after my chat with him xxx have a peaceful night all I'll be thinking of you.

All my love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @dogwheels I feel so much calmer and more hopeful now and yes you're right a plan to recovery at last! Woohoo!

@DogLoverx3 I know that you are seriously busy at the moment thank you for your positive thoughts xxx

@hopefaith lovely to hear from you thanks for your messages it's very kind of you xxx

@cjf1222 thank you for popping in and wishing me well, thank you xxx
anyone Im ever so sorry
 
If I've missed anyone out I'm really sorry, that's what should have been on the other post. I'm having a problem posting. I am sorry about that xxxx
 
Just a really quick message @Nana moon 27, it's good news that eventually they've found the answer, it's such a shame you've been through so much, and now have to endure another op, but perhaps if will be a new start.
I'm really tired as I've now been up for 18 hours, so I'm off to bed now, but I just wanted to add my hugs and best wishes to everybody else's. Chat more tomorrow xxx
 
I have to have a new kneecap! He explained that as he previously had suspected, the day he did my aspiration and cortisone shots, the kneecap is catching on the joint causing the pain and the swelling. Therefore the kneecap is going to be replaced. He explained that it's 60/40 with surgeons whether they replace the kneecap as well. He said I've just been very unlucky with my recovery and that he was "I am very sorry, this has happened to you".

@Nana moon 27
Dear Ann,
I'm so glad to hear that a solution to your problem is in sight! :yay::happydance::dancy:

Of course, I'm sorry that it will involve another operation, but it had become pretty obvious your knee wasn't going to right itself. You've had such a long and painful journey. Surely, now, you deserve some good to come your way! :prayer:

If your surgery is to be in September, we'll be recovery buddies.

I'm still on holiday, staying with my daughter in England - and I'm enjoying all this beautiful weather. We've been sitting out in the garden until about 9 every evening. Our little grand-daughter has been having her daily bath, sitting in the baby bath outside on the lawn. That's great fun and it doesn't matter at all how much she splashes.
 
@Nana moon 27
Hi Ann,
I am happy that you have an answer but sorry that it involves more surgery. I sure do hope this will put the pain behind you. You have been through a lot and I wish you only the best.
You know you're in rough shape when you start looking forward to going back to "Work" :)
Take care!
:flwrysmile:
 
Oh my goodness @Nana moon 27, now you know why all this pain for so so long. Oh my goodness, I so feel for you!!. You need to go away so you can re-group and let all this information sink in. It is a good deal to swallow and alot to wrap your hands around. To have to face another TKR in a matter of weeks. But not to worry we will be right here for you cheering you on and it has been said by Joel Olsteen Ministries - God doesn't put you in a situation that he will not bring you through. I feel after this you will breeze through the kneecap replacement surgery and will be fine. My prayers will be with you.
 
Nana Moon so glad you have a solution and will be recovering with a great group! I am so happy for you and do hope your Christmas present is a normal life! Makes you wonder why they don't always replace the kneecap. My OS does but his partner. In same office does not! Maybe one of the experts can tell us! I did learn 2 surgeons in the same office and both good do many things differently! I can feel your happiness! Xoxoxo JoAnne
 
I'm sorry for the late post. I've been busy trying to sort out the house and stuff. It's looking a bit better now. Sorry to be too much info but for the first time in seven months a bit of rubbish has come up off my chest and I have just taken a really deep breath that felt like I deep breath. I only started the new meds yesterday for this. Marvellous. I really am beginning to feel quite hopeful now. I had to sort out the house because I like to come back to it all nice and tidy. My husband moved all the furniture and vacuumed under it. I can't move it as it is so heavy!

@chestnc all I'm having done is a new kneecap that's all. A review will be done on my other knee in September at some point. If it hasn't deteriorated too badly they will try to save it. I'm feeling quite chirpy today like a big weight has gone off my mind. I'm feeling strangely happy, mmmmm very odd but hey, why not?

@Celle that would be so lovely to be recovery buddies, I like that. I'm ever so glad that the weather here in England has been so kind to you. It's even nicer that you're getting thatnoreciousntime with y baby granddaughter. I could just picture happily splashing away in the bath, bless her x x x magical times that go by so fast!

@71Beetle this may sound rather weird but I really loved my job. I retrained at age 49 to do it by 50 I got my Teaching degree and underwent a cap and gown ceremony. It was the proudest day of my life. I work with a smashing team, they've been texting and everything during my recovery. They are so kind x x

@Judlepip yes definitely onward and upward, thats the only way now xxx thank you x x x

@Jozilla how are you? Yes I'm really pleased that you asked that question I going to tag Josephine in on my next post as a direct question!

@dogwheels I hope that you are ok?

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom