Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@nanamoon first of all I'm so sorry for not catching up on all these posts. Have been busy with mom getting new aides, firing and re hiring others. Not easy
I'm so sorry about your kneecap are they removing the implant. Just think it can't get any worse. You have all the answers now about your asthma and knee. You know what the knee recovery will be like so you won't have any surprises. When I dislocated my hip replacement and had to have it done again it was like night and day from the first time. I could have danced out of the hospital. My thoughts are always with all if my bone smart friends even if I'm not on wouldn't it be great if we all got together and had a reunion!!
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Pretty flower for you to cheer you up. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne in answer to your question, no they're not removing the implant. He is going in through the old scar and removing my old kneecap and replacing it.

That Hydrangea is sooooo beautiful. I have one at the side of my pond in the back garden.

I'm so hopeful that this will work xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @Josephine @Jozilla asked me a question earlier. It was: Why do some surgeons replace kneecaps and not others? My OS said yesterday that it's 60/40 whether a surgeon replaces a kneecap or not!

I was wondering if you could possibly shed some light on this for us please?

Thank you very much in advance
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 ,
Sounds like they are placing a new button on your kneecap?
When you say removing your knee cap I have an image of them taking out your knee cap Yikes!
Thanks for clarifying.
 
Hi @Pumpkln I'm unsure now. He distinctly said that he was replacing the kneecap and it was an overnight stay in hospital. Mmmmmm I'll have to ask when I go for my preop assessment xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi Nanamoon so glad your feeling more upbeat and hope you get lots of R&R in Wales,
Pet sitting nearly over they are back on Friday my son's house is lovely but be nice together home to my own bed etc.No baby yet it's due on Saturday I don't think they will let her go much longer as last baby was very big over 10lb.
@robynhood my doctor gives me Co drydomol it's a bit stronger might help you,
Have a good evening everyone.
 
@Nana moon 27 Rare that the would remove the knee cap, they put a plastic button on when it shows wear during the TKR, or if the x rays show arthritis. My best guess is that is what he is going to do.
Just glad they can do something to make you more comfortable.
 
Hi Nanamoon , great news to hear that relief is in sight. Sounds like a quick fix. As long as they dont have to deal with the 2 stems that get pounded into the bone. Im sure you will come out of it just fine . Ill be pulling for you . Hopefully by Christmas this will be a afterthought. When will this procedure be ?? Best wishes, Iceman
 
I remember my surgeon telling me he'd saved the kneecap. Seemed quite pleased with himself. I wasn't particularly impressed! And now I just wish he'd paid more attention to the setting of the new knee joint!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Nana moon 27 I just read about you getting a new kneecap. I am happy you have some direction now. I didn't read a date that this will take place. I hope it is soon! You have really been through so much and been so encouraging to all of us amidst it.
hopefaith
 
@Nana moon 27 It's great to have a date! Well done - sorry about the stick. I'm thinking I should do the same. Very painful and clicking with every movement. :(
 
Hi everyone. Well the site was unbelievably quick this morning do I'm taking full advantage. I've loved reading your posts again. The big storm missed us bar some puny 10 mph winds and a bit of rain. Has anyone been affected by it?

I'm in bad pain and still using the elbow crutch. I'm struggling to stand for any real length of time. It's getting on my nerves. That and the breathlessness. The treatment for this Bronchiectasis doesn't seem to be doing much. Never mind .... Patience will be rewarded xxx

I hope you're all ok and doing well. I'm home late Friday night and tbh I need to be home although I'm dreading the stairs. I don't have to do them here xxxx

Catch you later

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Good to hear from you @Nana moon 27 ,
Sorry to hear you are in such pain, I am on crutches too, so you are not alone in that.
Yes, the site is faster for me this morning. Guess it is hit and miss for some of us right now.
@Ellejay, you turned your healthy fruit salad, and vegetables into a delicious sounding pie.
Have a good day everyone,:mcoffee:
 
I have a pre operative assessment on 19th August and surgery for Patella resurfacing etc on 22nd September. I'm coming back up to Wales with three of my grandchildren. I'm so looking forward to that. On the 24th August.... Can't wait!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know this recovery has been challenging in different ways but it's nice we are all able to do this together

I'm praying this next op works I'd love to be back at work by Christmas xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom