Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

It's a pity that your form is already in the post, I could have given you some tips about filling it in. I did quite a lot of research about it before filling mine in. I still found it very upsetting filling it in. It was like they were rubbing it in what you could and couldn't do. I had to do a few pages at a time, and had lots of tears about it. I suppose it is all about acceptance which I found very hard to put in writing. Letters from my consultants sent to Occupational Health at work which I included in the claim were upsetting as they were asked for a prognosis.

Have you kept a copy of the claim? It does come in useful for subsequent claims.
 
Hi @busylizzie I wish I'd opened my mouth sooner. Never mind. No I totally forgot to photocopy normally I'd do that automatically x x

Thank you anyhow x x x yes it was upsetting xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxxoxoxox
 
Morning Ann. Getting a blue badge is so much more difficult now due to strict regulations. I had a blue badge before my TKR. I had never thought about getting one but my doctor started the process after seeing me limping into his office one morning in a great deal of pain. I had the TKR in October 2012 and my badge ran out in March 2013. I applied for a new badge before it ran out because I needed it more after the op as I was a very slow healer and was still using the cane sometimes. My doctor couldn't refer me this time. Rules had changed. So I filled out the form and waited....... And waited. At the the end of May with being without the badge for 2 months and finding it very difficult without one I phoned them several times to be told it was very busy and to be patient. I thought with already having one it would be quicker. I spoke to one lady on the phone one day who said youve had your knee done now surely you don't need one !!!!!!! She apparently thought have the op run a marathon 6 months later. Anyway a few weeks later I received a letter saying my application was refused because I could walk 200 yds without help. I was so annoyed and unhappy because my TKR was still troubling me and my right knee was getting progressively worse. I had to wait for my husband to take me shopping etc. I couldn't apply for another 6 months. With the bakers cyst on my right knee causing problems I reapplied in March this year. This time my form was accepted but I had to go and see someone to assess me. I literally had to walk in front if this lady and show her my difficulty getting in and out of my car. So embarrassing. Its hard enough to have these problems without someone with a form ticking boxes watching you. Happily I now have a badge again making my life so much easier and having more independence. But the road to getting it was so stressful and I was going to give up but my husband encouraged me because he knew I was getting less independent and hating it. Sorry for such a long post but wanted you to know my experience.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Chihuahuan we are all different in recoveries you are quite right. We all vary with the amount of mantra we are able to follow according to our individual personal circumstances, that are not necessarily our fault. It's the situation we find ourselves in. Things happen sometimes and we don't know why.
I so agree and that is what makes it difficult to assess ratings and reviews.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had a rotten start to my day and the the family all arrived so I couldn't find time to post. First off my husband got a speeding ticket from two weeks ago when we were in Wales. Worse still he'd been taking it really steady all the way through to Aberystwyth. We got to one area then he spotted the camera and realised the speed had changed but oops too late. 36 mph in a 30 mph area x x x then I had a letter from the hospital cancelling my knee review on 18 th August xxxx totally fed up xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry they cancelled your appointment. Did they even give you another date?? I don't know how it works there but I would be explosive over here. I do hope they reschedule you within a reasonable amount of time though! Take care and hope the day gets better. Xoxoxo
 
I can't even guess the number of times I've scared myself sick from researching on the internet! Since mostly negative experiences are posted about various subjects, it is not always the best place to be. However, I have found valuable info there as well. It is a balancing act that requires judgement. Sometimes, like with Bonesmart, it is a lifeline!
 
@Nana moon 27 did they you a valid reason for canceling? I think we just have to fight to get things done. Different health care system over here but being your own advocate is absolutely necessary. The fight is very exhausting.
 
Morning all, wow what a day yesterday. I have got up this morning with what seems to be conjunctivitis. darn it Ive just sent my husband out for some eye drops. he said he has discovered muscles he had forgotten he even had until this morning after the fencing at moms yesterday!

The hairdresser is on her way so this post will be brief, once she has gone I will hopefully have time to read all your posts through properly. I so love reading them.

Shes here gotta go catch you later xxx
love Nana moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all I so appreciate this. Gotta go. Leaving for appointment xxx thank y once again. I don't know where I'd be without y all x x x x x. X
 
I went to the Chest clinic with my husband. The consultant (who is lovely) said that I have mild Bronchiestasis, benign nodules on my lungs and scarring on my right lung, most likely caused from a bad infection x x x I have to go on a long term course of antibiotics and a decongestant.. My asthma is considered now as chronic. He said once the antibiotics control the Bronchiectasis then he is going to change the asthma medication. This will probably be in about three months time.

The good news is that he told me the results of the CT I had done for my arteries. He said there is no disease in the arteries and everything appeared normal. I still have to wait for the hospital to send for me.

I'm very tired, I think it is relief. I collect my new antibiotics tomorrow after I see the OS about my knee xxx

Once again thank youfor all the lovely support and kind words x x x x x

I hope that everyone is ok all my love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So glad you got some good news and a plan of action to help the lungs! Of course, nature couldn't just let you go without a little kick in the behind with the pinkeye!
One down, one to go. Do you think you can get some help with the replacement knee tomorrow? (I think you you said your appointment was tomorrow?)
Rest, relax and enjoy the relief of this day.
Christie
 
Sounds good, Anne, that you know what it is and that they will treat it. I have to look up that word as I have never heard if it. Love and hugs to you, JoAnne.
 
Good news! Hope this is the first of many better days. And I know having your "fringe" (we call them "bangs" in US) where you want it makes a big difference, too. Let yourself sleep with just pure relief!
 
Glad to hear you had some good news today Ann, at least you can move on knowing the extent of the problems. I hope you soon hear about your knee issues. Fingers and toes crossed for some even better news on that.

I'm still toddling on. I managed a long walk today, but regretted it - entered the ODIC again and had to resort to RIE - Rest, Ice and Elevate! Just over 5 weeks until my appointment with a new Consultant, but so many nice things during those weeks, that the waiting will seem like nothing (Hub's birthday, my birthday, our 50th anniversary with multiple ongoing celebrations!)

Keep smiling one and all. It can only get better!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom