Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Nana moon 27 Yes--it is painful when it catches but it flips back to where it came from. It usually happens when I'm in bed and I rotate the knee --I can't reproduce it at the doctor's office and they can't make it do it:gaah:--more of a nuisance than anything else.
 
Before I begin to post I want to say a massive THANK YOU! for the lovely messages of support sent to @robynhood It made me feel so good and proud of the wonderful, kind and supportive group that is on this thread. You're all so lovely.

I have so enjoyed reading the posts today, thank you for that and oh the pictures are so lovely @susanne and @Jozilla, lovely mum and daughter and cute cats. Perfect xxx

I'm sorry I've not been on here much today. No I didn't run off into the sunset with Freddy, the French physio xxxx I've had a funny day. Can't quite out my finger on it but a funny day just the same. I went to physio for the first time in weeks. Freddy was overjoyed to see me. He was so impressed at how hard I'd worked. He was very pleased at my gait and the diminishing limp. He reckons I have muscle wastage. I said how can that be. I'm constantly on the go even when I'm in pain. Anyway , he was trying to catch me out. He said he wanted me to do a leg raise until my toe touched the underneath of his hand. Then he told me to count slowly to ten. I did this. He was shocked. He said " oh no shaking leg ?" I said "no I told you I do these exercises every day". He still looked a bit disbelieving and still went on about muscle wastage. He got me to repeat this twice more. Still no shaky leg! Ha! He was impressed then. He then grinned and said "okay, now zen I would like you to raise your leg once again, only this time I want it slightly lateral. It shook like a Chivers jelly!!! Ok he said that is your exercise for the next few weeks. Next week increase your walking, swimming and do these exercises I've shown you today. I will see you in a month xxx he told me I would be in pain for a day or two as he'd beaten my muscles up. He did acupuncture to start with as I had a lot of pain points today.

When I got back I had my new iPhone 5c delivered. I simply hooked the wire from the phone to the laptop, opened up my iCloud account and in less than ten minute everything from my old phone that was backed up in iCloud was on my new phone, even the personal settings for the contacts! Fantastic!!! I love the phone it's great.

I hope you're all ok and feeling okay. Goodnight all sleep well and have a pain free free sleep or nap.

Once again everyone thank you

All my love from Nana moon xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BTW Guess who fell over that pesky great pouffee again, twice. The second time, I wrenched my knee because my trainer got wedged under it and my whole body weight shifted forward xx anyway it's finally been moved to somewhere I can't trip over the wretched thing! I'm icing and elevating as we speak! Xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm in the ODIC and falling over that pouffee (ironically it 4ft square!), which has now been moved, hasn't helped...yikes!! My knee hurts and I haven't even got out of bed yet! Thankfully, aside from three glasses and two bowls I know are in the sink. there is no other mess or debris from yesterday. thanks to my daughters. I don't know where I'd be sometimes without them. They are truly good and caring, lovely human beings.

I hope everyone else is ok. I'm going to pack my stuff to go to Wales tonight but I'll do it bit by bit. I'm going downstairs and take my pain relief an hour early now. It's extremely uncomfortable xx I desperately need to wash my hair it's on end, quite literally because of the sweats! It'll have to wait for the pain meds to kick in xxx

I will check in later. @Ellejay I hope your holiday is going okay still

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

Well IM NOT GOING TO WALES TONIGHT AFTER ALL!!!! I had a text alert on my my from the local hospital telling me I have an appointment at radiology tomorrow. That's all it sand and To see the letter for details. I've not even had a letter. I've been waiting on this. I'm furious.

I rang the X-ray department knowing they'd be open today. Apparently my appointment is for 2pm. I asked whether it was for my heart or my lungs and explained about what had happened previously. He said it looks like they've combined the two together and be prepared for an angiogram if they deem it necessary. so I'm going on line to find out what to do in case they decide to do one. For goodness sake.

Oh well thank goodness I signed up for text alerts or I'd have been a DNA!
 
I sure hope your x-rays either show nothing or something that can be easily addressed so you can get back to this real soon:

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Hey @Nana moon 27, great that you have the appointment, but what a shock and a lot to get your head around from a text! I'm praying for a good appointment and simple answers and solutions! I'm sure you're disappointed not to get to the caravan and have a good rest, but I'm glad you're being seen!
Re families, wow we all seem to have them! My mum makes no bones (there's a saying for our USA friends ;) ) about my eldest daughter being the favourite of all her grandchildren. Thankfully it's usually just to me that she says it, but I go mad and shut her down immediately! I can't stand it and won't tolerate it. My mum is an extremely difficult person, some of it due to her mental illnesses, but not all! It's amazing that any of the grandchildren bother with her at all. Anyway, well done for handling it well and for being such a lovely person! Xxx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 glad you got the appointment but what short notice! Just check you don't have to be nil by mouth before hand and how long before - I don't work in radiology but just something in the back of my mind says you should be NBM I would hate for you to get there and it be cancelled just because you had breakfast / lunch.

Shortie x
 
Words fail me @Nana moon 27 - thank goodness you had been celebrating your birthday with family and you hadn't gone up to Wales already for the weekend. It would have been so annoying to go all that way there and then have to come back. Nothing like giving you plenty of warning and time to prepare!

Just look on the bright side, at least the tests will be done and dusted - who knows, perhaps there was a last minute cancellation and you got the golden ticket because you had opted for text alerts!! I hope you manage to find out all the info you need in advance and that everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

Once all the tests are complete at least you can go to Wales knowing that there is only the follow up appt for your knee to come.

Not sure what you will be having to go through tomorrow - but I will be thinking of you.
XXX
 
Sorry about both your trips (the one to Wales AND the one over the poufee or whatever you call the ottoman thingie there). I'm glad you'll be able to get the x rays and all out of the way though tomorrow. As Chris said, thank goodness for text alerts! I will keep good thoughts for you! xoxoxo
 
Oh good grief! What more can happen to you Ann?! I do hope this latest hiccough sees some answers at last. THEN you can zip down to Wales and enjoy!
 
@Chihuahuan @Shortie thank you for the wise advice. I will be phoning first thing in the morning. I need more clarification really. @Jozilla, bless you for the good luck I hope this solves a few questions, I just want it to show stress not Angina. We well see x x x. I want my chest to be normal not this Bronchiectasis they're looking for. I just want it to be plain old Asthma playing it up. I have not had a chest infection for a month over now!

@Phil75070 love the emoticon. That would be nice x

@DogLoverx3 @dogwheels @cafecortado @madinana I'm fed up of tripping over things. Today has been a mixed day. I went to see mom and dad tonight, my brother and kids were there. Mom asked me why my elder daughter was not herself yesterday. I had to think fast. As luck has it, for me to be able to give some sort of explanation to mom without upsetting her, my daughter is very worried about her son (her only child) is going to Magaluf in Spain on a lads Week away, this Tuesday. He's nearly nineteen. She accepted this explanation. Xxxx

Anyway, I'll be around for a short time now. If not, I'll post in the morning xxx

Please have a pain free night all

Love Naba moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 - hope you get a good night's sleep and try not to think too much about tomorrow.

How much do you bet that your appointment letter will come in tomorrows mail??

I am off to physio tomorrow, I am spacing out the appointments now - but my stiff muscles appreciate a bit of massage every so often! If I don't catch you before I go, I'll be thinking of you and let us know how you get on.

Sleep well
XX
 
Ah @dogwheels,

Thank you so much Chris. I really do appreciate it. I'll leave a morning message. My appointment is not until 2pm. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervy. I am but I'm dealing with it as best I can xxx

Good luck with the physio xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning everyone

Well I followed the advice given to me and phoned the hospital CT department. You were right. No caffeine for twelve hours before, my last drink was 10pm. No solid food for 2hours before. Oh gosh did I ever want a cup of tea this morning. Anyway, I just want to thank you for the advice it saved me. My appointments is at 2pm this after noon x x x :thankyou: For all your good luck wishes too xxx
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi I'm on my way out to father in laws. I fell asleep when I got in.

Looks like my arteries are ok. They didn't have to do Angiogram in the end thank goodness.

I was very scared going for the CT scan. On arrival I was checked in, then I was gowned up. Cannula put in my arm. I went into the room. Lay on a bed and they connected a tube to the cannula. All was fine at first. After quite some time the guy said right we've done some scans now we need to inject the dye into you. No mention of how this would feel. Omg it was like hot water flushing through everywhere and it felt like I'd peed myself except I realised I could feel the hot water sensation in my butt cheeks. It was weird. Suddenly my heart absolutely pounded and I had to take a lot of deep breaths and try to remain calm. Then the scan ended. Or so I thought. Next thing I knew the guy said I have to put more dye in again. So same procedure again with me having to follow instructions again. My heart pounded again I don't know why. I was very calm throughout this and remained focused on being so. Afterwards the doc spoke to me. He said things seemed ok but he'd be writing to A&E to give them the results. I would get an outpatients appointment off them. He said my lungs appear to have areas that look like infection and he'd be writing to the chest clinic about the results. He said i could go home. I asked about going away and he said yes as long as I wasn't driving. I explained how I'd not driven since end December. It looks like my arteries must be ok because they'd have done an angiogram on the spot.

Catch you later xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom