Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Oh Anne, what an awful nightmare, it frightened me just reading about it, I hope you managed some decent sleep after that. Your Freddy sounds so nice, I'm sure he will be able to help you next week, psychologically if not physically :heehee:.
@Judlepip, I hope your phone starts working soon, my contract finishes soon and I've been wondering about an iPhone 5, I've got the 4S and I'm very happy with it, I suppose I've got to have the usual phone call like Nana moons, get cross, threaten to leave and eventually end up with what I want.
We spent three weeks in Fréjus, then moved westwards along the Mediterranean and are now very close to the Spanish border. I will try to take photos today and upload them if I can , but the signal strength is so weak I'm lucky if I can send an ordinary e mail.
Have a good weekend everyone xx
 
My stress levels are through the roof. However good news is my pain levels seem to be less tonight. I've taken less morphine. So maybe no snakes tonight lol x x x ooh that was awful x x x

Have a good nights sleep all

Love from Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @Nana moon 27, cannot be happening. You mean a replacement of the TKR? No, I am so sorry to hea that. My girlfriend who had the same RTKR a month ago and cannot do a lot of the exercises as she is in a lot of pain. She says the Oxycodone does not help at all and Tramdol which help she cannot take it as it ha Motrin in it and that she cannot take while being on an anticoagulant. Now she found out her knee is totally crooked and she is looking at MUA. She doesn't sleep with the ankles with the rolled up pillow underneath and she has been going all over NYC doing this and that and on public transportation and all upstairs downstairs and everywhere. Some prayers have to be sent up for everybody for certain :prayer: :angel:....
 
Whew, praise the Lord for that much, but it seems as if like a lot as well. I hope you fly right out there running after all of this is behind you. Ann, please take care of yourself and hang in there.
 
Thanks for your concern @71 beetle. As far as I know, it is a lot less invasive. I'm hoping it doesn't come to this though!! Xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Okay all I'm back from the GP. Another month off work. I explained I needed to come off the morphine ASAP., so I could drive and get back to work in some capacity by next month. He said categorically NO! It was against his medical judgement and opinion and if my workplace have an issue with it then to refer them straight to him! Omg! He'd got the report off the surgeon on his computer. He said I cannot go back until this knee is sorted properly, he was very concerned about the kneecap business. He said that he does not want me to aggravate it more than necessary and that I will return to work when he thinks I'm well enough.

I got upset and mentioned that things will be tough financially as my money cuts to half this month I only work a 75% post. He asked me a whole load of stuff and said "you must not compromise your health because of money. You are normally a fit and healthy woman and you have a lot of years ahead of you. You do not want to go into your retirement with health issues that are avoidable by doing the right thing now". He wants me to wait for another reason too, that is to have the scans done on my heart and lungs as he's concerned about those issues. I know that flipping Freddy is going to be in agreement with him tomorrow. I need to get back to normality. It is not suiting me being at home all the time.

I know that deep in my heart he is right. I have to now try and accept this is it for a while longer. I will continue to attempt reduction of the morphine as I go along. At least I've cut down to 50/60mg from 90mg. It's just a time thing with the pain.

My swelling on the knee has gone right down, the pain is less today than it's been so that tells me the cortisone is working perhaps.

Catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 - just saw that you had posted.

Your GP does seem to be looking after you and have your best interests at heart, but I can sense your frustration over the morphine. Its such a pain that there were no alternatives at the outset and you are stuck with it. It must be difficult with your work situation, finances aside, I know how you love and take pride in your work. But he is right, the big picture is more important - especially getting the pulmonary and cardiac stuff sorted. I also wondered if that early fall knocked something out of place, and it went unnoticed.

I'm so glad that you think your knee is responding to the cortisone, and the swelling and pain have improved - but all this waiting and resting is a killer! Perhaps you could enter lots of online competitions and win lots of lovely things like a holiday, a new car ........??

I posted a little video on my thread just now of hubby's sailing. I found it quite calming and enjoyed the music in the background. The sunrise on the water is lovely - have a look when you get a free moment, I know you'd enjoy it.

Take care, no gardening today!! Talk later my friend - wish I could make it better for you

XXOOXX
 
Morning all! I think your GP is giving you great advice. Get your health back first. I know how hard it is doing without money. I only received about twenty percent of my pay when I had my knee done. I am actually trying to save up now for my other knee! Please take care and hope the cortisone keeps working!!
 
Oh dear @Nana moon 27. I'll have to try and remember your post as my phone shuts off other posts while I'm posting! I'm glad at least to hear that your GP is taking this as seriously as he is. It's a b*mmer about the money side of things, but I hope you can just relax into it and enjoy the break. (I also just wonder if he might contact them and try to get you on full pay a little longer)

Something to make you smile in the meantime;

Ok. I have a joke! (Well it amused me!). I have just changed my phone provider and am now with Virgin. Well, I had to ring them to sort something out and the chap who answered gave his name and I just thought I'd misheard. However after sorting out problem he said he'd text me with further info. Ok says I. I have now just received a text as follows:
"From Virgin: Hi Judith this is Jesus"! He then continued with the info! I was laughing out loud. I've kept the text. I think I've been blessed!!!

Isn't that great?!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if the fall I had in hospital on the second day post op caused this to happen. Well I'll never know x
It probably depended on how hard you fell. But it would have been recognized sooner by you or the surgeon. Maybe the lab results will show something. Hope the cortisone works.
 
@Nana moon 27 , I'm coming in late on this, I've got some catch up on threads to do. Have I understood this right, it is your kneecap that they suspect the problem is with. My first revision involved a replacement of the kneecap plastic button. Whilst this op wasn't as invasive as the original TKR as the femur and tibial components were left intact, you are still cut open again along the same scar line. My recovery was much the same, the bonesmart mantras are still needed. My tissues were still inflammed, but the bruising was less.
 
Hi @busylizzie, yes the surgeon suspects my kneecap is catching the joint which is causing the pain and the clunking xxxx he said something about replacing it x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @dogwheels I think or rather suspect that the knee cap may well have moved when I had that fall second day post op. I hit the floor. It makes me wonder if this is why my recovery has been so slow xxx

The GP is doing his best and does know me really well. He also knows jolly well that if I start driving, I will over do things. It's my nature I'm afraid xxxx he's treated me so often for stress related anxiety and depression he knows everything. It always boils back to the same old thing, I do too much, I try to control and run the world and juggle a job at the same time xxx

Good idea about competitions. Mmmm nothing to lose but time x x x

Loved Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 TKR#1's patella catches on the implant occasionally --over the years it has begun to sit way too close to it. When I have my annual check in December we are going to have a look at it again. If I don't kneel I'm okay but we will see how things go on our vacation. I may have to go back to my original surgeon who has a dreadful wait list but I'm in no rush. TKR#2 was done by a different surgeon and does not do revisions.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom