Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Nana moon 27, what a long day for you, I can only imagine how anxious you must have been feeling by the time they got around to your treatment. I admit to not understanding what he will be able to do for you when he sees you at the next appointment, poor you, you always seem to have to hang around, waiting for the next appointment and then the next. Was your knee cap replaced in the original operation? Mine was, apparently it was like a piece of honeycomb because of the arthritis.
I do hope that the exhaustion brought on by today will at least give you a good nights sleep tonight.
I am able to write this as I am sitting in the camp site bar with my husband, supposed to be watching the World Cup. All the Brits gave taken over the whole bar, there's quite a good atmosphere.
 
Thanks for the update, hope you knee will feel better! Sounds like they want to resurface your kneecap, hope that will be the answer to your ongoing pain.
What do you think?
I think you should be following the mantra Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate on schedule. I left out nap, don't want you prowling about at 3 am.
The OS may think you are ready to go, but he is not the one who had the procedure.
Glad you are home and resting.
 
I'm wondering if the delay is to get past the 6 month mark? I think it's pretty standard not to do a revision until after that point.
 
@Nana moon 27 I think MUCH rest is needed and then you'll have time to sort what you are feeling and the next step. I agree with @Judlepip in the waiting another few weeks sounds just dreadful. I understand why your knee would be aching after that procedure. Is there any way to speed this up? I know I ask that a lot. I guess we all feel impatient for you!
x x x o o o
~hopefaith
 
@TexasTee I do believe you're right about that. The six months is 3rd July xxx two weeks or so x
@Ellejay obviously they didn't I thought it was done automatically with the knee, so this has come as quite a shock!!!
@Jozilla thank you I will rest honestly. I'm too wiped out right now to do much else!
@Pumpkln bless you, I'll do the mantra. To be honest I've gone with what my leg/knee is telling me.
@Phil75070 thanks for your interest and support. It's back to the waiting game
@hopefaith you are right I do need to rest. I'm so terribly weepy and down tonight. I do thin him just plain overtired. Will go to bed in half hour xxxx
 
❤️ hope you get the rest you need tonight. What a day for you. Sending you hugs for a better tomorrow ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - as usual no alerts so I came looking ....... I am so sorry that this doesn't seem to be the quick fix that you and all of us were hoping for. I just really hope that the cortisone shot will calm things down for you and when everything stops 'jangling' in the morning that there will be a some improvement to the way it is feeling and you will be in less pain.

Like @Ellejay my knee cap was replaced as well, not that there was much worth saving as he had worked on it previously. All I can remember is that at every one of my early physio sessions, the PT sort of palpated my knee cap area around to check that everything was moving freely.

Perhaps it is not surprising that you mentioned a reduction in swelling and an increase in pain, like @Judlepip says, it's lost its cushioning, and now with the aspiration, it's lost even more. It's just too bad that you are having to wait even longer for diagnosis and further treatment - but I suppose he has to wait to see the results from today. But days, not weeks. You have waited long enough as it is.

My hubby has just this minute come in from sailing. I was so incensed at what you have had to put up and sad for you regarding the outcome today, I told him your story to date. He was outraged and his reply was 'if that was you, we would be suing'.

Hope you sleep tonight Ann, it's been a long and traumatic day for you - I just hope that you are so exhausted you'll 'crash' and get some much needed rest. You are being so very brave about this.

Take care and I will check in with you tomorrow.

Much love, Chris XXX
 
Oh @dogwheels I've got to bed and cried. I'm so blooming low x I'm in pain but it seems to be easing with elevation. I've took all meds but if no good in two hours will do a 10mg top up of morphine taking it back up to 60mg. I explained the problem Im having trying to reduce down from 60mg to 50 mg but at 50mg I don't sleep due to pain, yet I've been able to come down from 120mg in hospital to 90 mg then down to 60 mg and he said, like my GP that it will come in time. For goodness sake! I'm so flaming well frustrated. To cap it all I'm having severe menopausal flushes yuk!! Having to sleep in a 100% cotton vest top and knickers! Not a good look! X

Anyway I'm ok. I've had my rant and I'm going to switch all off now and try and rest xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Please take your pain medication to help your pain! Of there is a problem with your kneecap it is no wonder! Sounds like that would be agonizing. Mine was also resurfaced. Please take care. ((((Hugs)))). Xoxo JoAnne
 
@Nana moon 27 I'm so sorry that you have another hurdle in your way. I remember that it took a while for @DogLoverx3 aspiration results to come back so that may be the reason for the appointment time. I'm sure he has to rule out infection before any surgery. My left (TKR#1) kneecap rubs on the implant at times and was quite painful until I stopped kneeling on it occasionally.
Take care and follow the mantra as best you can. Jen
 
Good morning @nana Moon et al. I hope you slept some and are feeling somewhat more hopeful this morning? How is the pain now that you're rested. Oh my you've been 'through the mill' and you have great sympathy from me. Still you remain cheerful. I'm sure you know you're a star?! Take it easy all day now and let the intrusion from yesterday recover. xxx


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I had a really awful night but I do feel a touch better today. I got up at six in the end and took a couple of paracetamol and a morphine 10mg, loaded up the bird feeders, admired my garden, took a deep breath of the lovely early morning air, returned to bed and slept after about an hour. Wonderful!

I have the house to myself today which I adore (when it suits mind you) I wouldn't like it permanently. I'm a sociable creature under normal circumstances. I have promised no gardening other than to sit and look at all my handiwork from a few days back with a nice cuppa and not do any strenuous housework. Mind you since I've been at home the place isn't too bad really. I've had the time to do the stuff that my husband doesn't seem to see! Bless him! He does try and has so changed immensely (for the better, although understandably he's had his moments) during this recovery. I think it's a true test of anyone's relationship! The weather here today is lovely! X

I have new curtains and bedding to go up in the bedroom that I bought last week but I've promised myself that I'll ask the two daughters to do it for me tomorrow. I can change a quilt cover but balancing changing curtains is probably a bit of a no no at the minute although I do feel that, yes, I could do it. However, I have promised not to do ANYTHING daft.

I can tell I'm feeling better. I just reread what I've written and it sounds quite chirpy which is good.

Anyway, I'm ravenously hungry.. Oh I forgot to tell you I've lost just a smidgen over two kilos (a little over 4lb) in weight inside two weeks. I was weighed yesterday. I'm very pleased and that will make me continue to make the right food choices now. My weight loss will slow now as usual but it's great that is going back down instead of up!

Right off to grab some brekkie! Catch you later

I'm sending big hugs and pain free wishes to everyone here, over the pond and anywhere else in the world for the wonderful support I received yesterday...thank you so much, I so needed it!!!:friends::flwrysmile:

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you are feeling better in yourself today and great you got an extra nap (even though you didnt sleep well) take all the sleep you can x

Please rest - you and your knee deserve it - yes lots of tea is good

Have a good restful day.

Shortie x
 
Nana, so sorry I've not been back but I've been a little unwell. Fine now though.
It is aching like billyoh and I have the urge to elevate it. What do you think?
Yes, of course you should elevate it - and ice too.
By the way, when I stand up and move I've suddenly developed a white hot pain at the top of the kneecap since this procedure. Is that normal?
Yes that can happen. You've had your knee messed around with so it's bound to react.
I'm due to see him in outpatients in a few weeks.
I'm glad you were seen and that he recognised the problem (even if it's a maybe),but Outpatients in a few weeks is not inspiring is it? Why not tomorrow, why not next week?
Because he needs to see if the cortisone will work and also needs to have laboratory tests done on the aspirate. That can't be done in a few days.
I've taken all meds but if no good in two hours will do a 10mg top up of morphine taking it back up to 60mg
Take whatever you need. No point in trying to cut down right now.
 
Hi @Josephine, It doesn't matter about you not getting straight back to me. You are one busy lady and I appreciate that fact! Thank you ever so much as always for your sound advice. I hope you get properly well soon.

Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Omg just had horrible dream and woke up hallucinating. It's been a while since this has happened. It happens when I take 40mg morphine and two paracetamol (Tylenol) at night. I had to do this tonight as I was in so much pain. Worse still he's asleep downstairs.

I just dreamt I was with a friend and she said "come on we got to get the train with the others". Anyway, we got to this red corridor and began to queue, the queue was so long. The next thing I knew my friend had vanished in the crowd and I was too tired to keep looking for her. I woke up on the floor of this corridor as I'd fallen asleep. It was deserted and terribly quiet. I was really angry that no one had bothered to wake me up to get the train. I shouted but my voice echoed down the corridor. At the end of the corridor it suddenly changed into woodland. In my mind I knew where I was, I'd travelled this route many times. I knew the railway station was through the woods. As I walked along I heard a growl behind me, grrrrrrr, very low very sinister. For some strange reason I had a silver spoon in my hand and turned around, threw it over the ridge towards the growl and said "go away wolf" but not in those words, I swore at it. I went to carry on walking when over this ridge came a beach ball and it hit me on the back of the leg! In temper, I went to kick the ball really hard back over the ridge but as my foot made contact with the ball it exploded and released the biggest, hissiest, snakes ever. They were all over me! I woke up and the snakes were all around the bedroom, everywhere and I was paralysed with fear. However, somewhere in my subconscious I told myself "this isn't real, this isn't real" my heart was pounding like a Jack hammer but gradually the hallucination subsided, as did the fear. Needless to say I've got the bedroom light on now!!!! Xxxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom