Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Nana moon 27 - have you mentioned, is your hip pain bursitis? I have that, also, due to the knee. I have found that it does much better at night if I do some stretches before bed, might be worth a try.
 
Weird my knee looks less swollen today and I'm in less pain!!! Or am I just getting used to it. Will try reducing morphine another 10mg. See what happens. Most strange. Xxxx I'm not complaining though xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


I'm really sorry I just don't know WHY this underlining keeps happening to my posts!!!
@nana moon I have corrected it for you. It happened because you didn't make a space between the last tagged name and the start of your message. Therefore everything else you typed afterwards got included in that last tag. If you noticed, it was all blue as well, just like tagged names are. Moral of this story - make sure you put spaces after tags! :wink:
 
Hello all. I know I'm a little late with my posting this morning. I was in so much pain first thing I couldn't function. I made myself get up, have some breakfast then take pain meds, which finally after 2 1/2 hrs have just kicked in. This may be because I'm reducing or trying to reduce the Morphine. It's just not happening. I've managed to get down from 90mg to 60mg but every time I try 50mg I'm in pain again. I want to try and go back to work but until I can get off the morphine it's impossible xxx I daren't drive. I'm reducing down using Paracetamol (Tylenol) four times a day x 2 tablets as a back up. Bizarrely my knee does seem a bit less swollen and woohoo since then, my chest is brilliant. My peak flow is over 400 before medication! Wonderful!

I'm praying this procedure on Thursday does the trick and enables me to come off them once and for all xxxx

I hope that you are all ok and are having either a good nights sleep or a great morning wherever you are.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Stress fracture, I would say he can only do light activities, no lifting etc. Best you wait to ask him to help you until you know more about his "stress fracture". Tibia is the big bone in the lower leg.
Hope you don't pay too high a price for your ODIC.
 
Tbh @Pumpkln I'm in real pain. I've taken 30mg Zomorph and two paracetamol (Tylenol). Can't take anymore other than another Zomorph xxxx I will speak to my grandson tomorrow. I'm not asking him to do anything now xxx I'd never forgive myself if he made something worse because of digging xxxx
 
I have tried desperately to cut my morphine down from 60mg to 50mg but if I do that the pain keeps me awake, even before the ODIC yesterday. Still even that's better than the 90 mg I was taking! Xxxx My appointment at the hospital is at 10.30 am.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning everyone,

In three and a half hours I'll be at the hospital waiting to have this procedure done. I'm a little nervous, as is to be expected. I've reined myself in a bit and trying NOT to pin all my hopes on today working, although Freddy the physio has assured me that after a day or so I will feel totally different and that this will help. I do hope with all my heart that this works...Please.

I know I've tolerated a lot with this recovery, l just want this to work, get of the morphine and go back to work. I need my life back. I need me back. I need to be distracted from the constant dwelling on this because there's not a lot else going on in my life. You know sometimes I'm finding it hard lately to post anything because nothing happens much unless I go out which isn't often enough. No one will let me out of their sight for long because they see me as being vulnerable! I understand their concerns that I might be a target for a mugger but the likelihood in the area immediately in which I live, is quite unlikely. They won't let me use public transport because they're scared I might fall. I just can't wait for the day I am off these meds and able to drive. I have not driven, other than to swap places with his van on the back drive since December. I cannot wait to get some kind of independence. That's probably been the worst part for me, losing that.

Right then, I must go now, get showered and ready etc. Anyway, fingers crossed all and I will post you all later. Have a great great day or goodnights sleep wherever you are! Please take care everyone and I will catch you later xxxx

All my love to you my friends...love Nana moon 27 xxxx:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A quick update on today. I got there at 10.30 am as requested. I was seen at 2.30. I got home at 5pm. This was due to a delay In getting meds signed and sent. Good job I'm knowledgable. They gave me co codamol 30mg and never warned me about taking anything else with it! There was only me on the ward this afternoon. So not
like they were busy!

He only got a couple of syringes of fluid which he sent one sample off to microbiology. Then I started to bleed a bit at which point he asked if I was taking aspirin. Is said yes it's in the note the nurse completed with me. He's very concerned. He thinks my problem is the kneecap catching and pressing on the joint. When I was in theatre I explained that the swelling had gone down a bit on it's own but the pain was far worse and I had a nasty clunking. He felt around the joint and I nearly leapt off the bed, at various points where he felt. He bent and felt the knee joint and that's when he said he suspects it might be the kneecap. He did the procedure for aspiration and cortisone shots. He is seeing me in outpatients in a few weeks but again warned me about the kneecap. I said that if that's what it is then it'll just have to be done. He said he was pleased that I was upfront about the whole thing. Well I would be, I want to get better and drive and return to work.

It seriously is aching, although he said I don't need to rest it. I shall have an early night tonight. I'm so tired after this very long day.

@dogwheels I wish I was away I'm so worn out x

Thank for all your lovely messages on this thread you're all truly amazing support and I thank you from the bottom of my heart x x x x x :thankyou:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Josephine

I hope that you are well?

Today I had my aspiration and cortisone shot done. The swelling had already reduced the last few days but seriously the pain in my knee was worse than ever, along with a nasty clunking.

He examined my knee by squeezing certain areas and I nearly shot up to the theatre ceiling with the pain. He immediately apologised. He then put a hand on my knee whole moving it back and forth feeling the clunk. He thinks my knee cap is catching and putting pressure on the joint. He got two syringes of fluid and then blood. He did the cortisone injections. He said that if this procedure does not help he may have to operate on my kneecap. I'm due to see him in outpatients in a few weeks.

He said I can return to my normal current day to day stuff I do after this procedure and don't need to rest it. However. It is aching like billyoh and I have the urge to elevate it. What do you think?

By the way, when I stand up and move I've suddenly developed a white hot pain at the top of the kneecap since this procedure. Is that normal? I just simply need some advice please. Thank you.

Kind regards
Nana moon 27 x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no Josephine but I say if you feel like elevating, do it!!

Did he say if it's scar tissue its catching? Or is it not alligned correctly? I'd think scar tissue would be a simplier fix so lets hope for that one!

When he gave you the new med, does that mean you don't have to keep on the morphine?
 
Hi @TexasTee he just said that the kneecap is catching the joint and putting pressure on. Xxxxxx I will post properly when I go up to bed In a bit x x x x
 
I have sort of mixed feelings Ann. I'm glad you were seen and that he recognised the problem (even if it's a maybe),but Outpatients in a few weeks is not inspiring is it? Why not tomorrow, why not next week? You've had to wait long enough already. I'm not surprised you have pain thus evening, it won't have liked being mucked about AND it's lost it's cushioning. Take it as easy as feels right for you, let it recover.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Im glad you finally got a few answers. So apparently the implant is fine but its the kneecap. Will surgery be required , if so , probably not a revision. It could be a quick fix , I hope. Unless it starts tracking on its own . Cortisone should help a bit. Im not aware of what kind of job you have ?? I bet you want to get back soon. I went back to work last week and within 4 hours I tweaked my lower back. It hurt for 3 days, fortunately I have my ice and plenty of Tramadol left over from my knee. Ill need to stretch lots before my work shift. Plus I wore new shoes and got a painful blister on my pinky toe ,All on day one . I got youngsters waiting for me to croak so that they can be promoted to journeyman butcher. So I got to perform well. Atleast now my knee is the last thing on my mind. Praying for the day that all of us are well recovered. Keep the faith , keep updating us. Best of health to all , Iceman
 
Hi @icep707 and @Judlepip please forgive the briefness of this post. I will post properly later. The phones gone and still going non stop with people wanting to know how I am. Iceman I lecture in Early years you may call it early childhood studies over there. I also assess the students on work placement around the inner city. I am still unable to drive due to pain meds. Thanks Judlipip I feel the same. Mixed feelings. I'm a bit tired, can feel a headache coming on. I just want bedtime to come x I daren't go now I'll be prowling at 2am !!! Xxx
 
Back
Top Bottom