Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Oh goodness I cannot take much more of this pain in my knee. It soooo hurts x x. Going to try and force sleep I'm exhausted x
 

I'm in very bad pain this morning. It hurt to even stand because the soles of my feet, the bones hurt under pressure, my knees hurting and the right hand side of my waist area. I cried with the pain. So just for this morning I have upped my morphine back up my 10mg to 40 mg. I had cut down to 50mg and was feeling it again (pain) to be honest. I don't what this feet problem is. It's a new thing. As soon as my weight is on them the entire foot (both) are extremely painful for a good few minutes. It goes off eventually after walking painfully around! X I've come back to bed after taking meds x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Well on top of the pain, general lousy feeling, I went into like a meltdown. Worse still at my husband. We were in the shops trying to sort out Fathers Day stuff. I wanted to look around the store at other stuff and he was clearly hovering wanting to leave. That did it. I looked at him and told him we were leaving to the checkout right now and that what I did. I got outside and the tears of rage and frustration ran down my face, so I dipped my head and hid my face behind my hair until we got back to his van. In between which, he asked what was the matter so I told him straight. He stormed off ahead of me making things even worse. We got into the van and I lost it. I said how fed up I was about my loss of independence, how fed up I was of being in wretched pain, how fed up I was looking like a total gormy on the stairs anywhere, how fed up I couldn't drive cos of the meds, how fed up I was being catapulted into old age before my time, how fed I am of my weight and other blooming health issues and how fed up I was of the situation in general. Then I sobbed all the way home. We got in and he looked at me and apologised and so did I. I said that none of this was his fault and that I was angry with the situation that I found myself in right now, not really with him so much. He told me to sort myself out and we'd go out for a coffee somewhere. We got up the road and the traffic was at a standstill because of road changes for the new airport expansion! I laughed and said come on we'll go home and have one, never mind. It really broke the ice.

All is fine now. I'm still a bit teary but I'm ok x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I am ok. Just a rough old day after an awful night of pain. My sil who i mentioned in an earlier post, who I supported through her breast cancer ordeal, rang not long ago. She could tell I wasn't myself. I told her what happened. We're going shopping on Friday...woohoo!!! She has suggested it might be my statin making the soles of my feet hurt so bad x x
 
Btw I'm paying for all this walking today but it was soooooo worth it to have quality time with both my daughters individually. Husband got called out to someone's house to fix a leak. So got house to myself again. Apparently he caught three trout today, my poor 86 yr old father in law lost two. However, he apparently enjoyed the roast dinner I left them both x x x x
 
I totally overdid it yesterday and I'm paying the price. My TKR and my hip hurt so much. I'm going to have to take an extra 10mg top up and cone back to bed a bit longer. My sis in law is coming about 11am, so I need to be ready by then xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine I am due to have my aspiration and cortisone injections done on 19th June (thank goodness). In between which I have received two reports off the consultant that he has sent to my GP. I have a creeping suspicion he doesn't believe me. I may be wrong. I will copy out the key sentences. I would value your opinion. I am still taking 50-60mg Zomorph per day and 8 paracetamol. I have recently been able to reduce the morphine slightly. I was taking 90 mg per day.eg 40mg morning 50 mg at night. I'm also on statins and aspirin. I have an under tongue spray too (which so far, so good, I haven't had to use it). As well as three inhalers and two tablets for my asthma. It is now getting beyond a joke. I really dislike taking all this medication.

Ok, docs reports...

6th May. I reviewed this lady today. Unfortunately she is having severe pain in the right knee. The knee has healed well. There is no fixed flexion deformity in the knee. Flexion 110. There is Varus or Valgus deformity in the knee (Josephine I don't know what that is!). Her symptoms might be due to a mild degree of infection in the knee. X-rays show both the femoral as well as tibial components are satisfactory. Today I have arranged for her to have ESR, CRP and full blood count and we will review in one week to assess her progress.

13th May.... I reviewed this lady today. Unfortunately she is having constant pain in the right knee with effusion. She is able to walk with a limp. Her C-reactive protein is 8 and ESR 9. Both are within normal limits. It is very difficult to explain why she has a very painful knee with effusion.

Today I have out her in the waiting list for diagnostic aspiration of the knee and steroid injection as a day case on an urgent basis.


What do you think Josephine?

Kindest regards
Nana moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There is Varus or Valgus deformity in the knee
Varus OR valgus? He doesn't know? Ye gods and little fishies! Who is this guy?
Her symptoms might be due to a mild degree of infection in the knee.
and might? It gets better and better!

And these are the varus and valgus deformities - better known to you as knocked kneed and bowlegged!

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Heavens Ann! That sounds horrendous. Josephine has been so helpful to me as, she says I have that Valgus deformity too (my crooked leg!). I do hope you get sorted sooner rather than later. xx
 
Dear Lord thank goodness for Josephine. She gives down to earth easy to understand advice and answers. Why can't more consultants be more like her. Hope you get things sorted soon Nanna Moon. It really isn't fair you have to go thru all this. I've had a very quiet day. In my own little world. Going to Anglesey tomorrow for the weekend. Hope everyone has a good relaxing happy healthy weekend ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree with Josephine, he should know if you are valgus or varus????

Moving along slowly, had a massage today. Worked a lot on the scar tissue from a previous knee surgery, and the flipping sound over my implant is much less. We will be working on it some more next week. Disappointed today, too cold and windy to go swimming :sad:, going to wait for warmer weather.
Continuing with MINERS, helps the most! Thanks for the acronym.
 
No wonder you and Judlepip have pain! Nana Moon will a different OS be doing your procedure? I just read Judlepips thread which sounds like a similar problem. I hope you both keep fighting until they fix your problem or make it feel better if they can do that. No matter what the problem needs to be addressed. I am sorry you are both going thru this it doesn't seem fair. Very hard for most of us to understand. Thank God for he has given us Josephine to help Educate us! I was so bowlegged I am thrilled that I have a much straighter leg. I am stunned about your letters and Judlepips thread too! Xoxoxo
 
@Josephine :heehee: Now I understand what you mean. He is appearing to be a bit of a plank! What a twit saying opposites! Omg this is hysterical. When I see him I'm going to ask him to explain to me exactly what he means! Xxxx I typed those reports word for word, so they are an accurate copy. Xxxxx

............ He stood in for my surgeon at Solihull.

Thank you so much for your help x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Jozilla I've never had either of those leg shapes so I don't know what he's on about!!! No he is doing this procedure not one of his understudies. And yes thank God for giving us Josephine x x x
 
I've never had either of those leg shapes so I don't know what he's on about!!!
It doesn't mean you'd actually have those leg shapes, Nana. It's an anatomical term used to describe certain angles in the body. It could just be a small angle in your knee but enough to cause you problems if the prostheses are not properly aligned
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom