Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

You know what. This angina scare has made me a bit nervy. I just want that scan to come through quick. They're going to inject dye into me and see if it flows through my arteries ok under a doughnut scanner. I just want some normality xxxxx bad enough the knee and asthma without this x x x
 
Hi all. I am going to Wales. I nearly never went. I just had a shower and washed my hair. Going to get ready and go. I'll post you all later. I hope you've had a trouble free night and managed to get some sleep x x x

I woke up early not feeling great. My hips felt like they were in a vice and both knees were excruciating and I cried with the pain. It was too early for my meds so I took a 10mg top up of Morphine and two paracetamol, it's kind of eased off enough to cope with now x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

My Holiday was ok after that scare I had. I walked everyday but not two miles, I went to aquacise class and I've been ok. I was tested last year for angina but the doctor said that the machine was faulty as it showed heart failure after fifteen minutes of my being on the treadmill, hooked up to wires etc. I was discharged and told that I was fine. I told the consultant I saw at the A&E or ER and he said it was an ineffective test anyway and that it should have been repeated. I'm waiting for a scan where they inject dye into your arm, put you through a doughnut shaped scanner and check the flow through the arteries xxx

Today I was weighed and measured at the Chest clinic. OMG. No wonder my knees and joints are so bad. My weight is ... Well for me exceptionally high. No wonder my cholesterol is so high. I was so upset by this. I have out in over two stone since surgery. I weigh like a 6ft mans weight now and that is no good with my health issues. It's given me the kick up the butt I needed. I got in and cried over this. Anyway the breath test went ok. On Monday I'm back there again, for more tests and to see the specialist. I'll know more then.

Knee update! No infection was found in my knee. My blood scores were normal.

I've enjoyed reading your posts I loved the ducks, ahhh so sweet @Judlepip they're adorable xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anne, welcome home.
I am sitting in the sun with ice around my knee, quite a strange feeling. I am very pleased with everything I've been doing, but I recognise that I am probably expecting too much from a still quite babyish knee. It has been stiff for the last couple of days, so I am resting it whenever I can. I was considering joining in the daily aquasise session here, until I saw all the slim, tanned beautiful people in the pool, so I just slink in with my 'noodle' and arm band when it's quieter.
I know nothing about statins, but someone here on this site (caravan site) mentioned that they couldn't eat grapefruit and even Seville orange marmalade, because they were taking statins, this surprised me, did you know about it? Perhaps the doctor tells you when he prescribes them, but I thought I'd mention it in case like me, you didn't know, apparently it's a dangerous combination.
Hope your headache has improved by now, xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Ellejay thanks for the info. I knew about grapefruit it was in the box warning me but not about marmalade. Mind you the amount of weight I've stuck on it won't hurt to leave that alone for a while. Xoxoxoxo
 
Grapefruit can make some medications stronger, ask your pharmacist.
Some drug companies are looking into how it works so people can take lower doses with the same response to the medication, with less side effects.
My clothes still fit, but I know some of my muscle is now fat :sad:.
 
Hi everyone. I hope that you are all ok and slept/sleeping well. I had another good night last night so I've dropped my morphine another 10 mg down to 50mg a day now. Don't get me wrong I am still in pain, my knee is swollen and stiff but I can cope with this discomfort.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @chestnc how lovely to go and see someone so motivational from your faith. :wow: I'm ever so glad you went. I know your body is in pain but I bet your soul and spirits are lifted and high x x x x x:angel:

I think sometimes pain is a small price to pay for stuff that makes you feel good inside x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Good morning @Nana moon 27 - love the picture of "tripod"! He's firmly added you to his collection of people. I'm glad it doesn't seem to be bothering your breathing.

Way to go on further lowering your morphine - I just know that when you have your independence back and you can work and drive you'll feel so much better!
 
Hi @TexasTee he seems well installed. He does this for a short while and then goes home wherever that is. I'm ok to fuss him as long as I scrub my hands immediately after x x x

I hope I can keep reducing the meds. I so want to go back to work xxxx you are so right about the independence issues xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @Old Texan you are right, he's properly comfy here x He only visits, gets fed, has a nap and goes home. Today was such a shame, my husband picked up some plastic carrier bags, screwed them up and that poor cat nearly went inside out and fled outside! Anyway i went to him, stroked him and talked gently to him. He came back in shortly after and went to sleep. My husband said he thought that either someone was very spiteful to the cat or he's had some kind of bad experience. I've never seen a cat react like that before. My moms had cats all my life and they never ever reacted in that way x x x
 
Hope you had a good visit with your Son and Grandson. Sorry to hear your visiting cat is so skittish around carrier bags, poor thing. At least we know he is happy at your home.
How are you getting along this weekend?
 
Hi Nana moon, that's brilliant that you've dropped the morphine again, take it easy, and now leave it at that level,until your body gets used to it.
Your sons situation sounds very complicated, but obviously he can deal with it, as long as his new partner will trust him. Nothing destroys a relationship quicker than distrust.
We haven't seen the cat around our pitch for a fee days now, it's got the message that we're not cat people perhaps.
@chestnc, hope you are feeling better now, I'm sure it was all worth it, it sounds an amazing experience.
 
Hi. Reduced morphine down to 50mg and feeling fine on that so far in still have pain but is more discomfort than the searing pain I've had up until recently. I finally think I'm beginning to turn a corner. I don't know whether it's the change in my diet, the statins, the aspirin what? But I'm sleeping, I'm feeling heaps better than I have in months. My husband took me shopping this morning bad insisted on buying Flora proactive cholesterol lowering spread and Benecol cholesterol lowering fat free yogurts. I'm not convinced by these products. My thoughts are to eat fresh meat, veg and fruit, reduce but not eliminate fat. Anyway, I've humoured him and he feels like he's helping!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Perishing well jinxed myself. Pain in knee kept me awake. Oh I'm so fed up x can hear birdsong x means it's morning x
 
Hello all x

I went to the chest clinic. I have to have further tests via a CT scanner. They are going to get me to inhale a small amount carbon monoxide and observe how the small something or others in my chest cope with it. I am also going to have further allergy tests done. He does not think I have COPD thank goodness. He has to check for Bronchiectasis where the pockets of the lungs fill with infection and don't clear. I'm praying I don't have that. I know a lady who does. My urine showed a small amount of blood so that's gone for further testing. My BMI is one notch under obese eek!!! However my blood pressure was very good. 128/86. I had to have a chest X-ray too and bloods taken.

After this I had to go and see my GP. He looked at his screen and said that I have really been through the wars this year. I explained that the hospital had only given me a small amount of Simvastatin and Aspirin to last me until Thursday. He asked if they had prescribed the under tongue spray. He was shocked when I said no. He has prescribed me one just in case I get another attack. I hope I never need it! He was very surprised at my weight and BMI but pointed out a few years ago I was almost this weight before. I got upset and told him how much I really want to go back to work. He said he understood but my health must come first.

Well that's that, I'm going to have a little mooch round the threads now, catch you later
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom