Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @dogwheels and @Ellejay thank you so very much for this Information. I did need to know about this. I am going to have to have a bit more time off by the sounds of things. Bother! My pay drops down to half in July. The sick note runs out just two days after the injections. Oh well. I cannot compromise my health for the sake of money I'm afraid. Well just have to tighten up for a while. I know my brother and family want to use my caravan, that might be their chance then x x x

Slapped cheek virus, wow, that brought back memories, along with hand, foot and mouth, conjunctivitis, norovirus, threadworms, impetigo, chickenpox, measles and stinking colds with candlestick runny noses. Anyone want to work with children still? Lol xxxxxx x

Actually I had forgotten what happened with dog lover 3. Ok I will do this by the book. I could be back by August woo hoo!!!! Xx
 
Yey on the cancellation for the chest clinic! You are absolutely not a fraud - you've been waiting long enough and even though your new pill is working, they may have some alternative idea for you so you won't be on so many medications!

Sounds like June is going to be your month, my friend and you so deserve to get some relief....from everything! I'm sorry you're feeling the effects of the morphine decrease but I'm very proud of you for sticking to it. I'm so very cross at your GP for putting you in this position to begin with. He has to know all the risks and decreased effectiveness of keeping you on for so long. Grrrrrr. Keep up the great work and yes, decrease slowly and gradually. xoxoxoxo
 
Yeah!!! on the cancellation! Using your rescue inhaler 2x a day is a problem.
I am so happy you are being seen soon!
 
Good night all. I don't want to seem like I'm attention seeking but I went for a walk with my sil. My husband stayed chatting with his bil. Anyway, I had a funny turn on the way back to hers. Profuse sweating and felt really Ill and I thought I was going to pass out. I ended up taking my coat off although it's cold here. We got back to hers and she gave me a full sugar coke which I wouldn't normally touch. I drank it straight down! I was very emotional too after this funny turn and all I wanted to do was come home, which we did. I've had something to eat, had my meds and I feel sort of okay now just very emotional I don't know why. I am guessing that this is part of the withdrawal symptoms (I hope) I've had a shower to get rid of the sweat, I'm in bed, I feel happier in here.

@dogwheels your cake is amazing. :wowspring::flwrysmile:I love it. It looks beautiful. Your daughter will so appreciate the love that's gone into making that for her. I'm longing to see the sliced product. Mmmm. Mine like me to make Mary Berry's chocolate ganache cake on theirs. It's quite time consuming but nice. I'm not a great lover of chocolate cake but I will eat a small slice of it!

I'm ever so glad her friend chose wisely for her break. I'm so pleased for her, she must be thrilled. I am familiar with the rose 'Anne Boleyn' it's the most exquisite pink. I have it in a container in the garden. It's so pretty. David Austin roses are always good quality xxx

I need to go now I'm a bit tearful and can't think of anything else to say other than thank you for the posts. I do love reading them x x x

I'll catch you all soon, please take care all and get some rest/sleep tonight x x

All my live from Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 , do you think your new asthma drug could have anything to do with these side effects you are getting? Did you start it at the same time as you started reducing the morphine? Could it be affecting your blood pressure or even your blood sugar levels? When my blood sugar goes low I go all sweaty and feel awful and cantankerous and then come round after eating. You said you went on a walk which would lower your blood sugar especially if you've cut back on eating then the full sugar coke brought you round.

I've just been thinking out loud, I could be completely wrong. I'm not a medical professional.
 
Hi @busylizzie I had a similar thing happen after walking up a low hill in Wales only difference was that I couldn't breathe. I don't know what to think now x I put it down to withdrawal. I've left the dose the same again until it all settles down at this level xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 I think you are wise to leave the doses alone for a while and try and let your body stabalize. It doesn't help that your GP is against you coming off the morphine as his support would have been useful. You are on a lot of drugs for your asthma but it isn't long now to your appointment to see the specialist. Hopefully he will be able to sort you out. Its kind of scary when you don't know what is happening to your body. Remember to seek medical help if it becomes worse ,keeps happening, or you are worried about it.

Sending you lots of hugs
:friends:
 
I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad, I dont know anything about morphine, but I would agree that you need to slow right down on cutting down your dose, perhaps only reduce it once a week? I do so hope and pray you have a better weekend, let us know, we all care about you, xxxx
 
I hope you got some sleep, I am up at 1:40 am here, and am stopping by to say HI. I agree with the others, come off the morphine slowly. Wishing only the very best :SUNsmile:.
:mcoffee:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - just a quickie as I wont have much time to be online today.
I am so worried about you my friend - you have had such a bad run of things, first one thing and then another.

I can understand that you wanted to try and reduce your morphine as you dislike taking it so much, especially when you thought that your chest clinic appointment was going to be a long way off. But now that you have the cancellation appointment and the wait is shorter, if it was me, I would not reduce the meds any further and try and stabilise for the time being. You are bound to have to answer a lot of questions about your medication at both your upcoming appointments and it will be easier for you and easier for the diagnosis if the dosage is straightforward and not adjusted frequently. Your decision obviously, but that's just my thoughts.

Take it easy today - and hope it is a good one for you. The sun is shining at the moment here - the same as 29 years ago (except it was HOT then). Got to go and get ready for daughter to arrive. Gilbert is up and about, he's a bit wheezy this morning, I think he could do with a go on your puffer!

Glad you liked the cake, will post a pic later of the layers (fingers X'd it works).

Love to all and will try to post quickly later

XXX
 
@Nana moon 27, no way are you attention seeking! Please don't ever say that again! I go like that every now and again, really jittery, faint, sweating etc when my blood sugar hits a low, often out of the blue and after a walk like you. I have to cram sugar in and then feel better. It's scary. It could be the meds and either a side effect of one of them or reducing the morphine. You've been on it a while and at quite a dose. I agree with @dogwheels, I wouldn't reduce more until the clinic. When I reduced down from a high dose of antidepressants , I did it very slowly and I didn't take a reduced dose every day, somedays I went back to a higher dose. For example, if your dose was 90 daily I'd do something like, 90, 80, 90, 80, 80, 90, 80, 80, 80, 80, 70, 80, 80,....... Feel free to totally ignore this post and do what works for you my friend :) xx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
I bet you've wondered what happened to me today..Well I ended up In A&E! My chest pain was so bad and the sweating so profuse, just after I'd limericked or posted something with someone, I think it was @Pumpkln. I rang 111 for advice and after questioning me they sent for a paramedic. He came squirted spray under my tongue and got me to chew an aspirin. The pain eased. After about fifteen minutes the pain returned he did two more squirts under my tongue. After that very little pain. He said he was calling an ambulance as a precaution despite my ECG showing normal. I got to A&E lots of questions asked, a blood test taken, blood pressure down. Eventually someone came down and said they were putting me in an observation ward for a few hours as I needed anther blood test. This I did. Once I. The ward a lovely doc introduced himself and talked to me. I explained that I had been tested for Angina last year and they said it was negative. He asked what tests they did and when I said one he said what a load of rubbish and that the test they did wasn't very conclusive anyway. I said I thought that it was Morphine withdrawal...more questions. It wasn't withdrawal.

Anyway, the good news was that it wasn't a heart attack. He suspects possible angina. The bloods showed that My cholesterol is high and he said that I have to take statins. I began to protest but he said you have to and an aspirin. He wants me to take the aspirin in the morning and the statin at night. He said that the statins are more effective when taken at night. I have to go back at some point for a scan (the doughnut one) and they will check the heart and arteries more closely using that. He said they are trying to rule things out first. Nice way of looking at it. We got on famously.

The hospital I was admitted to does not have a very good name, yet I have to say my treatment was excellent both in A&E and the ward. I filled in a compliments card for them and they were over the moon that somebody praised them. After that it was endless cups of tea, I even got offered lunch which I declined. The pharmacy was closed so the doctor gave me enough tablets to last me until Thursday out of the medicine cabinet which he's not supposed to do. I thanked him. I'm very tired. Im going to rest. He has said it is okay for me to go to Wales. If I wish to go. He said he would be happy for me to rest but to try and walk every day. He said I might have overdone walking two miles yesterday even at snail pace x x x

I'm home now. Two of my grandchildren are here having a bit of lunch with us. Husband has made beef stew...perfect.

@dogwheels just saw your cake pic it's awesome.

Everyone else thank you so much for your lovely advice. I will post later after I've rested.

@DogLoverx3 I hope your sticky honey looking, wool attracting cream works! Xxxx

All my love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
not much time today, but OMG @Nana moon 27 ! I'm so glad that you're okay. I haven't the slightest clue what Angina is, but am so glad that you liked the hospital and your doctor. You sure do keep us on our toes, young lady. Please take care of yourself my friend xoxoxo

@dogwheels - amazing cake! AH-MAZING! And, equally as impressive; it didn't topple over when you went to cut i! Well done my friend!

I'm off to run (ha - hobble) between houses today - great fun as it's only supposed to be 108 degrees today! *insert sarcasm here*
 
Here I was glad to see you in the limericks room. I am sh
Shocked to hear you needed a heart work up, and new medications to boot. Happy you. Received such good care, now be sure to rest and follow Dr orders.
Glad this ways caught before something major happened.
:loveshwr:Some hearts for you.
 
Oh Ann, you poor thing. Glad you got good treatment at the hospital and that you are resting. Don't worry about the statins - our friend (retired Professor of Neurosurgery) swears by them and has been taking them for ages preventatively, not as a result of any warnings.

Hope you feel much better soon and I'll try and check in later to see how things are going.

Much love XXXXXXX
 
@Nana moon 27 Oh my!!!! My Dad had angina so have a little idea of what you went through. Very glad that you had it checked out --maybe now folks will get all your meds sorted out --you are on so many….. I take a statin at night but I went through lots of different kinds before I found one that did not make me ache like crazy.
It would be lovely if all our different specialists would get together as a team to sort us out….
Hope your day gets better. Jen
 
Oh, sorry to hear of your latest adventure Ann, poor you, how frightening. Now that you have been checked over I hope you can relax and enjoy your trip to Wales. xxx
 
So sorry Nana Moon. Feel better! What a recovery you've had! Xoxo
 
Back
Top Bottom