Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Goodnight everyone. I really do hope that you've all had a great day. It's holiday Monday tomorrow. My eldest daughter has just returned from her weekend in Leeds with her friend and is coming to visit tomorrow x I'm so looking forward to that.

I've cut down my pain med again tonight. I took 30mg Zomorph this morning with 2 paracetamol (Tylenol US) and no more paracetamol in the day! I've just taken 40mg Zomorph and two paracetamol. So today overall, that's 20 mg less Morphine and only half the normal paracetamol. I feel okay so far. I will try this dose again tomorrow. If I'm okay I'll drop another 10mg morphine. This is great but I don't dare get too excited!

It's my five month ankneeversary on June 3rd. Let's hope by then I'm even better! I love this feeling but I'm so apprehensive about getting excited.

Please sleep well and have a trouble free, pain free night x x x x

All my love from Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
RE- crutches vrs cane - I agree that the crutch is best
I agree, also you are invisible with a cane, people see a crutch and give you a wider berth.
I think people see walkers and canes as a long term disablity, and crutches as a short term injury.
Everyone take care and enjoy the rest of the holiday,
 
Hi @Pumpkln

Well done on one crutch, that's tremendous news! I'm so pleased with how well you are progressing. I a so genuinely pleased for you.

The relief I am feeling is immense. It's liked a weight gone off my chest. Peak flow before meds this morning was a wonderful 400. Woohoo! Everyone has said I look and sound better. The only thing this morning was that when I took my Ventolin I shook a lot afterwards. I have left it off tonight and I am fine. I guess two lots of bronchodilators isn't too good maybe (the tablet is a bronchodilator too!).

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi all. Sorry this is so late. I dozed off. I'm not in any pain other than a dull ache. I'm very tired. I think I may drop off again, I sure hope so x x x x please all try and have a peaceful pain free night. It's been lovely to read all the posts. I hope you're all ok. Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'm wondering if I'm suffering a bit of withdrawal. Horrendous sweats, I don't think they're menopausal ones, irritability and awful insomnia. Xxxx
 
Yes, there is a chart to come off meds. I will find it and be back to post.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Oh Ann, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I am quite certain that you are going through some sort of withdrawal. Not to sound uncaring as that's not it at all (I CARE deeply about your well being), but I think this points to the dependency that I've been so worried about for you. You know dependency is different from addiction, and it's nothing that you can control, but you are doing the right thing by weaning yourself off the morphine. I'm just so sorry that your GP has kept you on it so long that it's even gotten to this point. Your body will fight you on what it wants, but as you even commented today, your pain has not increased with the decrease in morphine so I am confident that you are headed in the right direction. Your body may WANT a higher does of morphine, but it doesn't NEED it. Just go slow and steady with the decrease and hopefully you will be able to keep the withdrawal symptoms to a minimum and hopefully short lived. xoxoxoxoxo
 
Ah thanks so much for that @Pumpkln I'll have a read of it now x

Hi @DogLoverx3 thanks you are right I think x x x x I'm starting to feel tired now thank goodness. I'll post later. Your such great friends love nana moon 27 xxx
 
Morning everyone. I feel not too bad today. My daughters are coming. A few minutes to go out doing a bit of retail therapy.

I will check the posts. When I come back. I has quite a bad restless night. Then they rang and I've been rushing round like a headless chicken ever since.

Hope y all has a good nights sleep or at least cat naps. Catch y later love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
I am SOOO glad you are weaning off the meds! I had a pretty major setback...so I am off to write about it.......but wanted to check in with you.... xxooxoxox
 
Hello @Nana moon 27 - sorry you're having some withdrawals but it sounds as if your knee is behaving itself, for the moment? That's excellent news! Keeping my fingers crossed that this trend continues!! Hurray for shopping and finding a new dress for summer :)

Hi @cafecortado - I'm positive I'd love the South of France!! I've only been to Paris so far but now that my kids are grown I intend to make up for lost time and spend a lot more time in Europe. I've never gone glamping but it sounds much better than the sleeping in a tent with bugs and things and bathroom conditions I'd rather not recall!
 
Thanks @TexasTee. I am suffering a bit I keep sweating and a bit irritable. I'm going down for a sleep in a minute. Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @I'm so ready. What lovely news about your granddaughters graduation! How lovely you are able to take part in this. Like you, my knees despise weather change. At the moment it is cold and damp over here. We all crave sunshine. We want our summer to start ASAP! X x x x I'm glad that the Lyrica is working for you. It sounds like a very effective drug. You must be feeling better being off Tramadol! Xxxx

Morning everyone, I hope that you all managed some sleep last night.

At the moment I'm coming off my morphine and hating it. I'm sweating, my stomach is in knots (it's doing triple salkos!) I'm shaking and oh gosh I'm so tired. Didn't sleep until about 4am again. I've decided NOT to drop another 10 ml today, I'm going to see how it goes. I want these symptoms to settle at this lower dose first (60mg a day instead of 90) and then drop another 10 ml. A number of you have posted me about taking my time with it. I now understand why. Thank you. I have noticed though my non TKR that is under threat of replacement is giving me pain. It seems to be a common thing between a lot of us right now. I guess it's the aftermath of the pressure out in it during the TKR recovery process. (I hope!)

Please have good day today. I'm stuck in today waiting for the new caravan sink to come. The taps arrived yesterday. We should be going back on Sunday. (Maybe).

I'm going to potter about the place today. I cannot go into the garden it's too wet x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
GOOD NEWS!!!! The Chest Clinic rang with a cancellation for June 6th for breathing test and June 9th to see breathing specialist. I feel a bit of a fraud now especially as the new tablet has worked. However, I feel I'm on too much medication. I'm on Ventolin as and when necessary, thats at least twice a day two puffs, Symbiccort I take two puffs twice a day, Atrovent inhaler two puffs three times a day, Montelukast one tablet at night, Phyllocontin one tablet twice a day. That's purely for my asthma, it is too much! I hope he can sort me out x x x
Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Oh OK Ann - thought it may be the same hospital.
I'm no expert, but once an aspiration has been done, there is a chance for it to 'fill up again' particularly if you stand for a long time or overwork the knee (you remember that happened with Doglover). As for the cortisone shot, I would think it would just be good practice once it is done, to let everything in your knee have a chance to settle down and the cortisone to do its job. I may be completely wrong here - just what I would do. It may be a completely different type of shot to Ellejay's, but do you remember she had to rest the leg after hers??

XX
 
Hi Anne, it sounds very similar to mine, I have a local anaesthetic, then he injects the cortisone into the front of the knee, then I turn over, more local, he drains the fluid from the back of the knee, fills the space with cortisone to delay the fluid build up again, bandages it all up and sends me on my way. It takes about half an hour, I usually have a good laugh with the doctor, he has now done this twice on each knee, so I feel I can have a laugh, there is always a nurse present, and of course I can watch it all on the screen as it's an ultrasound procedure. He always tells me to elevate the knee as much as possible and to do nothing strenuous for at least two days, four if possible. A word of warning - there is something called 'cortisone flush' which he says affects very few of his patients, but I am one. For a few days afterwards I get very red cheeks, I look as if I've got 'slapped cheek' - have you heard of this? The children at school used to get it, they looked as if they had been slapped, but it was a virus that just gave them very red cheeks.
I do so hope it works for you, my left knee is brilliant after mine, it is certainly allowing me to exercise the TKR one properly, that was my big worry, I couldn't walk, swim or cycle because the left knee was so painful.
I am so sorry the morphine reduction is making you feel rough, it must be worth it in the long term, but just take it very slowly, xxxLyn
 
Back
Top Bottom