Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi Nana moon, I don't really have anything else to add as you seem to be well prepared, apart from I hope you are taking someone with you to the appointment to support you and help you get the answers you badly need! What a list! I'm so sorry you are going through this and really hope it's a very positive appointment for you. Love xx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Hi Sweetie! Just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck tomorrow with your OS. I agree with TexasTea and Chihuahuan - most important first and those are highly concerning. I think surgeons are like toddlers in that their eyes will glaze over shortly after you start talking. :chinstroke:

Take good care of yourself and we'll all be thinking of you!!!!
 
Hi all and thank you for your fabulous responses. @Chihuahuan I am writing down word for word what you have written and will certainly hand him that. Thank you. I could not have worded it like that. That is your expertise coming through, which I recognise, thank you.

I will most certainly do the most important first which are the two issues identified by @TexasTee and @Chihuahuan. Very valuable advice given, thank you x x x

@Ellejay, @cafecortado and @Pumpkln thank also for your support. You are so kind x

@DogLoverx3 thank you for taking timeout of your hectic schedule, to wish me luck, bless you! I totally agree I have to get their attention early on. Seven seconds to make an impression and 30 seconds to capture your audience.

@dogwheels I'll pop,over to your thread and check you're ok

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo:thankyou::flwrysmile:
 
A lady I know, my daughter friends mom, had a TKR done 9 weeks ago and is virtually back to normal. I am really ever so glad for her but I couldn't help being a little envious. It wasn't helped when my daughter said in all innocence oh she's so amazing you want to see her. She was just like her normal self. Moving around with no limp or anything. She's just breezed through it and got on with it.

Now you all know how positive I am for other people. I love hearing how people are getting along well, their progress, achievements and improvements. It makes me happy to my heart. This for some unknown reason got to me tonight and made me feel rotten and I really don't understand why?

Paranoid me felt like I was being compared to her. Paranoid me felt inadequate and should have got better properly. Paranoid me thought my daughter was having a pop at me and I went upstairs to the loo to pull myself together because I really wanted to cry with shame and embarrassment because I haven't recovered as quick as she did. Like I say, normally this wouldn't have bothered me in the least but gosh, it got me tonight.

I absolutely love success stories, especially on here. I get excited for people when they recover well and don't ever begrudge them. So why do I feel like this about this lady? I just don't get it!
 
Hey Nana moon, please stop being hard on yourself! I'm not surprised it upset you. Only last week my husband told me about a former work colleagues dad who had a TKR 3 weeks ago and is back driving! Wow, it made me feel so inadequate, useless, a failure....you name it, I was it and I also felt, like you, it was a dig from my hubby, even though he's been so encouraging through both of these ops! I just couldn't help comparing myself to him...and coming up short!

Now at the moment, you are going through a really tough time and it's not fair when others seem to sail through it! I wish I could wave a magic wand and take away your pain. Just try to concentrate on yourself, know your daughter loves you to bits and in her mind is trying to encourage you that it will all be alright....and it will! You will get there and we'll be here to celebrate with you! Bless you...virtual hugs :) xx



Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
It just got to you when you're feeling vulnerable Ann. You're probably a little nervous about OS tomorrow too. Don't be hard on yourself. I know that feeling that you're never going to make it, but you WILL and it doesn't really matter how long it takes. My GP said don't expect to feel normal until the year is up and that is my yardstick. Just to get to the 6 months (nearly) and feel good is wonderful! There are actually loads of folk who are struggling probably worse than you. I keep hearing of people who had to go back to hospital and have more treatment/MUA/even a complete make over. Don't despair, you're doing fine. xx
 
Just checking, @Nana moon 27 and friends, to see how the knee is. I hope you are feeling better. I don't know why with myself even I take 2 steps forward and then it looks like I am taking one step backwards. My knee has been giving me a bit of a problem, stiffness, and tingling but I know this is still part of the healing process. I guess I have been used to having so much coldness around that my knee does not know how to act while I am in warm weather. Take care of yourself and hopefully everyone will have a pain - free as pain - free a possible week. Take care. many hugs to all.
 
I understand you feeling upset over your daughters friends Mom, it is just to close, and why her and not me. I would also feel like I was be compared to and judged for not coming along like her.
Hope you find some answers tomorrow, and many thanks to @Chihuahuan and @TexasTee for clarifiying and making your list of complaints concise and easy to understand. The surgeon will be able to address your most important questions, and I hope give you some answers.
 
Each in her own time. You are strong. If you can survive this surgery you can climb mountains. You are a positive person, although I too would be in tears, this is just 1 of many humps along your well traveled road. But please LOOK WHERE YOU ARE GOING!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Anne, you know in your heart of hearts not to compare yourself with others, it's easier to do on here when we are not face to face with each other, but to actually meet someone like this must be very difficult. And as for the person who was driving at 3 weeks...I wonder if they were driving legally? I was told the insurance wouldn't be valid for 6 months, and that I was supposed to tell the DVLA I wouldn't be driving ( I didn't do that).
Lots of love and hugs for this morning, I can't wait to here what he says, good luck xxxxx Lyn
 
@Nana moon 27. I'm really so sorry that you're having such a hard time. I'm afraid my initial response was before I read your post with list of concerns, so as usual, I was 'talking through my hat'(what a strange saying!). I've now caught up and you do have some significant worries. OS will surely come up with answers, especially with all the wise advice you've had from some knowledgable folk on here's so that you're clear on what to get through to him/her. The chest infections will have dragged you down, no wonder you feel weepy. Did anyone (GP) offer ongoing antibiotics to clear any infection up for good? I'm amazed at your short length of physio sessions. We must be fortunate here, we are offered physio as long as we have symptoms. To have discharged you when they did is crazy. I await your return home after seeing OS to hear, hopefully good news.
 
Hi all I will read all posts and everything when I get back. Struggling with everything inc getting ready!! Habpve to leave early as a friend told us that parking t that hospital is next to nothing!!! Catch you later and thank ever so much for your support. All my love Nana moon 27 x x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - everything has been said by the others and you know I am thinking of you today.

Great idea from @Chihuahuan - salient points on a card. Sadly time is money for these guys and they like you out of the door quickly. Giving him that will cover the main points of concern as soon as you enter the room. Brilliant!

No point comparing - as you well know, but it does sometimes come and sock us between the eyes now and again when we start to think why? and what if? Everyone is different and unfortunately a few of us here have drawn the booby prize!

I'm off to PT this morning but will be back at lunchtime. Will be checking in then to see how you have got on. Hang on in there, everyone is behind you and cheering you on.

Love XXXX
 
I am praying for you to get some action plan today! I will be checking in on and off to see if you have updated. Your list sounds great. Go get em!! Xoxo love JoAnne
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, and friends, my thoughts will be with you today. I have to go back to previous chats as I missed the concise list of questions along the way. I will be on the computer a good bit this afternoon as I have a layover in WPB (West Palm Beach today). Yes I am leaving my friends here in the Bahamas and coming back to the states. So I will be at the airport in West Palm Beach with a four hour layover. Will be getting home late tonight, but will be checking to see what the doctor had to say. Nana moon and everyone have a blessed pain-free day. :loveshwr:
 
Hi everyone. I want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE OVER HERE AND EVERYONE OVER THE POND, who has sent kind words of thanks and support. I don't now what I would do without the support that I have received from you all here on this forum. :wowspring:

@Chihuahuan I copied down exactly what you put in that post, @TexasTee I clarified the points further. I cannot thank you both enough :flwrysmile:for putting me right, if I missed anyone off I apologise but I am so exhausted, so thank you too. Everyone had helped me so much even if it's just words of support

Okay, I walked in and lo and behold it was a registrar. I introduced myself and my husband to him which took him aback straight away. I then said to him "before I say anything I would like you to read this card please" I handed him the card with what Chihuahuan had suggested. I began to explain after he had rad this and I saw the glaze start to creep in and said. "I tell you what, I have all these issues written down on this paper here, maybe you'd prefer to read them than listen to me waffling on!" Again he looked stunned and then laughed a bit nervously.

He asked me to get on to the couch and proceeded to examine me. He expressed a modicum of concern about the knee. He then told me he would send me for an X-ray and when I returned I would see the actual consultant himself. Wow! I went to X-ray returned and then saw the consultant. His registrar had clearly told him everything as he was more than well aware of what my issues were. He sat and listened attentively, he then examined my knee and agreed that it is not quite right. He was concerned about the pain level and lack of extension too. I told him how I felt I had been discharged from physio way too soon. He then said "I would like you to go for blood tests please now, I think we need to check for infection" So off I went. My husband was supposed to be making notes - he's written the wrong name of my knee joint and no notes. Luckily I have a good memory. Never kind at least he came with me and was really good about the length of time 31/2 hrs. I have to go back next Tuesday to this same hospital. I have to say it was spotless and smelt clean. I feel like I have been listened to and he has taken on board everything. I feel hopeful for the first time in a long time.

There will be no more to tell until next week when I see him again about the blood results. I think that is when he will tell me what he is going to do.

Thank you once again everyone. I'll read your posts in a little while and respond I promise. I'm absolutely exhausted.

You are all truly amazing friends and I thank you x x x x:thankyou:

All my love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
Hi @Judlepip you never, ever talk out of your hat. Your advice is always good. You've never said anything that's made me think oh for goodness sake! Thank you for supporting me x

@dogwheels your support has been fantastic and I know you felt that everything had been said but your thoughts were so welcome. I sincerely hope that your PT went well. I look forward to hearing about that Xxx Did Gilbert like his new tunnel?

@DogLoverx3 thank you too for taking the time out to check on me. You are so kind x x x x
 
A whole chunk of my previous post has gone. I'm just rewriting it sorry xxxx how annoying x x x x x
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom