Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Oh Ann - for once I am lost for words. I am so, so sorry that your OS could not give you a reason today why you are feeling the way you do and why your knee is so painful.
He must know something is not right otherwise he would not have offered the urgent day case procedure.
X ray being fine must mean your implant is OK position and placement-wise - bloods are showing no infection, so all positives there.
You are being so brave, whilst being under such a lot of uncertainty and worry.
Rest now and get some sleep - we'll all be here for you when you post later.
Much love
Chris XXX
 
So, WHEN will he drain fluid and send it for a lab workup? We, (well this) American doesn't know what an urgent day case is??? I so hope you are getting deep restful sleep. Many prayers for you. We all want you better and enjoying life again!! This is so frustrating, isn't it? I am thinking of you a lot.

x
hopefaith
 
Hello Ann, I'm really not sure what to say, but I wanted to be here for you. I'm so sorry that you didn't come home with a definite answer, I suppose the fact that the x ray and blood tests are fine is good news, but you must be disappointed to still not know what the problem is. Hopefully the day case procedure will be very soon and will improve things for you. I will have my injection on Thursday, I wanted to have it just before we leave, but the downside of that is that I then have to spend Thursday and Friday with my leg elevated and can't do anything to prepare for the holiday, (oh dear). I will have to cheat a bit on Thursday lunchtime as I can't miss my Dads birthday lunch. So tomorrow I will be tearing around like a whirlwind, trying to do it all.
I'm sure the injection will help with your pain and you soon get some relief. Ellejay xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to hear there is no infection. The steroid injection will help with the pain, so you will receive some relief.
Praying they find answers to your continuing pain.
 
I hope you are getting a good rest! Perhaps his procedure will help you and will be done soon. I would agree that it is good news there is no sign of infection. I am sending you hugs! Xoxo
 
@Nana moon 27 So glad that the tests that have been done are okay --now for step 2 --aspiration and analysis. It all takes time and there are no quick answers. I imagine that the anesthesia is so that it can be done accurately as you are in so much pain still. No-one wants to rush into a revision……
Busy day but will check in during the week. :fingersx:
 
Nana I am so glad he is a kind surgeon and is going to do the procedure himself! That's a plus for sure! I am also glad you don't have an infection and that the x-ray came back ok. I would be upset without the answers you need as well. Prayerfully :prayer:you will get the answers and relief you need ASAP!!!! :console2:
 
Wish there was more definitive news, per everyone above but I'm very happy to hear he didn't try to brush you off and that he is committed to finding a soloution. Hope you are able to sleep tonight!!
 
Hi all thank you for all your responses I cannot thank you enough. I slept for three hours solid. I didn't here my daughter or grandkids come in. My daughter eventually fetched me a cup of tea up and I could t believe I slept through their arrival! I was exhausted and relieved.

I do not know when they are having me in for the day surgery. He has marked it urgent. I don't know whether it will be local or general, I hope it's local because of how my chest is still.

I had to text Freddy my private physio. He called me. He is very pleased that the surgeon is doing this and thinks that it will help me immensely. He has cancelled our next appointment and wants to see me three or four days after my day surgery instead. He warned me to make sure I keep right on with ALL the exercises he showed me. I am very good like that anyway and he knows it! I think he just likes to try and keep me on my toes!

I contacted my boss and let her know what was happening and that it was unlikely I would be back in work. I spoke to HR again and voiced my fears about constructive dismissal etc and they told me not to worry about any of that because I was keeping them updated and they know I'm genuine. How nice of them to say that. I contacted payroll, my money drops to half pay on July 3rd, so I'm ok for a couple of months more. I just hope that all this can be resolved before then but I'm not holding my breath!

I hope that you all get a decent nights sleep and enjoy the rest of your evening, wherever you are. Just in case I miss you Goodnight and once again, Thank you for your support. x x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi Ann
That sleep must have done you good - although you do not have answers yet, everything has been taken out of your hands and is being acted upon. No wonder you were able to sleep.
Concentrate on keeping yourself as well as possible.
Hope you have little pain tonight and sleep well.
Take care
XXX
 
You are all simply the best and you deserve the individual replies. I am grateful to have you In my life and I count my blessings every day that I am not alone in this. Thank you to you all.

I will post later when I can. I need to go and be sociable to my husband. I think he thins I'm ignore ing him. I'm not I've been asleep and then the house was full.

This is for all of you .....:thankyou::loveshwr::angel::flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Josephine you asked me to keep you updated as regards seeing my surgeon.

I went today and the bloods have returned normal. X-ray is fine. However, the knee is still very swollen, I still cannot straighten it and I am in a lot of pain.

He has put me on the list as an urgent day case. He is going to draw the fluid off my knee and do an injection under anaesthetic. I am waiting for the appointment to come through

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27

Well, your OS visit was bad news and good news. Bad news that he couldn't immediately identify the cause of your trouble. But very good news that he didn't brush you off and is prepared to investigate further. Good news also that your bloods and X-Rays are normal.

I'm guessing that you are having the aspiration of your knee as a day patient done under the NHS? Being on the "Urgent" list should put you somewhere near the top of the queue, so I hope it happens soon.

:flwrysmile:
 
Hello @Celle it's lovely to hear from you x yes it was kind of mixed. Another positive is he is going to do the op at a hospital closer to where I live. Where I go to see him is on the other side of the city to where we live and it is a mission to get there x btw I had another visit off that three legged cat again. He is not a stray because his coat is too good a condition. He has a beautiful face almost like an Egyptian cat shape. Someone must really love him to pay for that amputation and he's been neutered. He's got the loudest miaow I have ever heard. My mom always had and still has cats despite my allergy to them and I've never heard any of them miaow like that. Wow!

Yes this is NHS and he is doing the aspiration himself. My physio thinks this will really help me. I just hope he is right x x x
 
@Nana moon 27 I wish you deep rest. I am glad for your cup of tea (how I wish for that sweet marking of each day here) I know sleep will at least feel better. I want to use the right words for you and I feel at a loss as @dogwheels said earlier. I just want you to feel GOOD and pain free and peaceful. Holding you in my heart. <3
~~hopefaith~~
(maryJean) x
 
Hey @Nana moon 27, sorry not to have posted before. I read your hospital visit post earlier but couldn't reply then. I've been thinking a lot about it and really feel for you. Like others have said, the positives are no infection, thank you Lord! And the implant looks ok...good news again! But then it's frustrating for you to still not have the answers you need! However he has a plan & your physio seems to agree with it, so that's also positive! I know, it's so Easy for me to say that as I don't have your pain or frustration, but it often is the case of ruling things out one at a time and thank goodness your on that path! I'm praying you get a date soon for your day case and that your surgeon keeps as determined as you to get an answer!
...P.S....look how popular you are!....I wonder why that is....oh I know, because you're such a lovely lady :) xxx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
So, WHEN will he drain fluid and send it for a lab workup? We, (well this) American doesn't know what an urgent day case is??? I so hope you are getting deep restful sleep. Many prayers for you. We all want you better and enjoying life again!! This is so frustrating, isn't it? I am thinking of you a lot.

x
hopefaith
Totally am confused like hopefaith, we Americans have different healthcare systems so what time frame does" urgent" fall under? I hope it's within the next few days!

You have certainly been challenged, I hope this is the beginning have a good turnaround for you!

Prayers winging your way!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
:dogsniff::dogwalk::dogsniff::puppysmooze: 'we're all sending you big hugs, my friend.

:tiredwheel: this is kind of what I think about both of our quests for answers ..... nothing ever definitive - just kinda running in circles :sorry: I'm hoping your OS gets you in soon (isn't 'waiting list' and 'urgent' a contradiction in terms?).

xoxoxoxo
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom