Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I am here catching up with everyone. I am SO glad you were finally heard!!
 
Do you know what @Pumpkln I think you may have a point. Now the rains dried off and the suns out, it's eased a bit. I wonder if I might have osteoarthritis In another part of the bones. Who knows. I had a very nasty fall in my previous job on a wet floor with no wet floor sign up, due to cleaners negligence! It led to the end of my working with children. A very sad decision I had to make there but it opened up other doors that I would have never dreamed possible. So obviously it was unlucky but lucky! X x x x I'm freezing on my fingers I have to go. Catch you soon weather permitting x x x. Home on Sunday. X x
 
Hello all

I hope that you are all ok and the knees are behaving! Mine is still stiff and hot. My friend came to the caravan today with her husband and was shocked at how hot and swollen my knee is. I scared to say this but my chest feels brilliant today. For the first time in ages I seem to be breathing more easily. Anyway I don't want to jinx it!

Haven't done much today, just relaxed and been into the town but the chemist was closed for lunch. I'll have to go tomorrow, hubby's gone fishing, so no transport. x

I'm thoroughly enjoying the rest and relaxation, I feel like a lot of my stress has gone since I spoke to the surgeon.

The weather is bright and sunny but very windy with a cold chill to it. I will not stay long on this site because of the cold.

I look forward to reading any posts you may leave for me. I do love to read them x x x anyway I'll catch you alert or tomorrow.
All my love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, yes very much effected by the weather and lack of light! I need to live in Spain ;) ....Maybe I could get that on prescription.....


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
@Nana moon 27 I have just caught up on your thread! You are one busy and popular young lady!! :yes: I am very glad to hear the news about your trip to the nice clean hospital and good visit with the Surgeon! I am believing along with you that you will have the answers you need so you can be well on your way to a complete recovery!! You are a strong and kind woman and I think you deserve the answers you need as well as a complete healing in the knee!!! I will be patiently waiting along with many others on your updated news this coming week!!!

I noticed when it's rainy and cold the weather affects my knees as well. I have also started back taking my B12 vitamins along with a multivitamin. Throughout the winter months my Doctor told me to take a D vitamin which helps when the sun doesn't shine. I do feel much much better since I've started back on my vitamin regime!!!

The pictures are beautiful and the ones the others have shared including the shoes!!:heehee:
Anyway Nana....I hope your Mothers Day was a good one! It sounds like it was! Keep up the positive attitude and I will talk to you again soon!!!! :friends:
 
Good evening @Nana moon 27 - hope you are having a good evening and not getting too anxious about your appointment tomorrow. Remember that this is the next step in your knee recovering well and your general health improving. I really hope that something has been identified that can be sorted with a simple solution and treatment, to get you pain-free and back to normal life again.

This cold plus the early start this morning have made me feel quite tired, so I am off to bed in a short while.
Sleep well, take care and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - as will everybody else on here.
Love XX
 
Hi everyone. I'm in a lot of pain. My knee reduced me to tears at mom and dad's tonight. They are very concerned about it. I had to stand for the funeral entire service today and now my knee hates me for it and is exacting it's revenge. I've retaliated and blasted it with 50 mg Morphine and two paracetamol. That's my response to it! Take that!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Nana moon 27, it sounds like you have had a very rough day in more way than one. What a sad & painful time it must have been for your husbands ex bosses family and what a shock! I'm sure when they reflect back, they will get comfort from yours and everyone's presence at the funeral. I'm so sorry, your knee has been so bad. I noticed you were on-line last night very late like me. I really hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. I'll be thinking of you in the morning and will have everything crossed that you get answers & solutions! Night love Bernie x


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Ah thanks @cafecortado yes I was up late last night. I was in pain but not as bad as this x I have suffered terrible insomnia since this op! Bernie, I do think that you are ever such a kind and nice person. Thank you for your support. Like I say, if I can't post first thing I will do it when I get in from the hospital x x x x

How come you were awake so late too? Xxx

Love Ann x
 
Hi Ann, I'm so sorry you are in such pain, I do hope that you manage to rest tonight and get some sleep. I will be thinking of you tomorrow, I am praying you get some answers, you really deserve to heal properly now.
I won't have time to check in until later tomorrow, I'm babysitting first thing then off to the physio, but I will look in when I can. I'm off to bed now, please sleep well, xxx Lyn
 
Wow @Nana moon 27, what kind words, thank you so much and I have to be honest and say it's much needed encouragement at the moment, I feel so useless and dependant on others, so thank you. Sleep... erm ......give me a minute......nope don't remember that ;) Like you and so many others I'm struggling with that particular concept at the moment. I've had 3 very bad nights in a row, (although I've not had a good night since my first op in. January) I'm trying not to let it get to me but it's hard. Although it even harder for you as you are in a lot of pain as well, so I hope tonight it much improved! Xx


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@nana moon27 I am so sorry that your knee hurts. That is so hard to deal with day in and day out. I truly am sorry for that pain and stiffness. Uhhhh it's hard.
 
Hi all.
I had the most awful night. My eyelids are puffy and they hurt. All I want to do now us sleep. I just hope I'm not disappointed today. The swelling yesterday was very bad, even my calf swelled x

I will let you know how I get on. My appointment is at 10.45 x

I hope that you all got some sleep or catnaps. Sleep is a great healer for body and mind x

Catch you later my friends x

All my love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I am so sorry that you are having a tough time. Oh man, not my friend. Why is that knee acting up. I don't like hearing that. This has been a while that you have given this knee some time to behave properly. I hope you do not have to have a revision. I know you are starting your day and that you are heading to the OS again is that right. Something has to be done. As the song goes "Something just ain't right" :sad: (It's a Reggae song) and the doctor needs to figure out what the story is. You have not been sleeping well for a little while now. And your knee has not been well for a while... Just so happened my cats woke me up and I was in pain RA pain not a whole lot that can be done about that. I see my pain management doctor in the morning before I go to work. I am so sorry you cannot get decent sleep. That also helps you heal. My prayers and thoughts are with you..:loveshwr: I know you will keep us posted.
 
Hi all, thanks so much for all your posts! Right down to business. Well I walked in and he greeted me, shook both mine and my husbands hand. He said my bloods had come back normal and did not show any kind of infection. My X-ray was fine also. I got upset and said that although I was extremely relieved that my bloods were ok and my X-ray. I still needed to know why this isn't right. I also said that my quality of life was poorer than before the op, which is totally true. He said that he has put me down as an urgent day case. He will do the procedure himself. He is going to drain the fluid off the leg under anaesthetic, send a sample for analysis and also give me a steroid injection. So it's back to the waiting game. I'm in pain still x

I'll post later. I need to have a sleep xxx
 
Well halleluia that he's going to do something, but WHEN? You need relief NOW! I'm glad bloods and X-ray are normal. That's two pluses, but how soon is he going to do this I wonder. Get some rest dear Ann and relax that there's no infection.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom