Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@nanamoonn. Think you have great gams!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Glad you will finally be meeting the person who did your replacement. Hope he has some answers, if not it's time for a second opinion.
You going to want to ask for testing for infection and for inflammation, looks like you still have a fair amount of swelling.
Sorry to hear you will be off work for another month, I know you are anxious to get back.
:console2:
 
@Nana moon 27 Didn't realize you had so much swelling --fluid retention maybe? I wonder if that is what is causing the pain. I also wonder if a lymphatic drainage massage would help. I had to have that after my breast cancer op and it made the world of difference. Maybe that's another question for the OS.
I'm fine --knee is great --just tired :swoon:from a day with our fussy :bawl: 1 yr old granddaughter who is finally beginning to get teeth --poor thing.
Off to bed with an Ambien :sleep:
Hope everyone slept well.
 
I was wondering what Jo would say. You do have a lot of swelling but I don't know if that is normal or not. On another note you also have great legs! Legs, boobs and small feet - a very hot Nana moon. I am surprised your hubby lets you out at all! Love to you. Have a great day.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi @Jozilla how are you? Thank for the compliments that's really sweet of you. I'd feel better if I could lose the extra weight I've shoved on. I hate it. Nothing fits I'm so limited on what to wear. Luckily I found an old size 16 (US size 12) dress in the back of my wardrobe. It is a perfect fit thankfully. I couldn't throw it away when I lost my weight last year as it was a very good (expensive)classic military style dress in khaki colour. Good job I didn't. I will have to get a few basic items now in a larger size until I can motivate myself back to being a bit more mindful of my comfort eating. I have already substituted sweets with 10 cal jelly pots and low fat yogurts so I am kind of starting albeit very slowly. As they say every little helps. Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hello: The day is going by quickly -- laundry, toy-picking up etc. Now I need to head outside into the blowing dust to order a new pair of glasses and mail a package at the post office.
Have a good day
Jen
 
Coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about it...that does seem to be a rather lot of swelling for so many weeks out! I'd think the steroids would be helping? I know that you are using morphine for pain but are you using an anti-inflammatory, as well? I can only assume that if the swelling would subside you could stand significantly straighter.
Sorry to hear you have to delay the return but glad to hear that your job - including HR! are being good about it. And yes, we definitely appreciate people with a sense of humor...but then, don't we all?
 
Wow @Nana moon 27 - great legs! (That sounds a bit weird but you know what I mean). Have to admit to being surprised how swollen your operated leg is still. I do hope that the anonymous OS will be able to give you the answers that you so desperately need and want.
One look at my legs and it is strikingly obvious that I played Hockey at school ....... if I was a man I would have played rugby with legs like mine! I have already started with the gradual tan on my face and chest ........ legs next, anything to make them look better than they are. Have to say though, in the last few days my knee joint has reduced and shaped up amazingly, so I almost have matching ones now. Not quite - but nearly.
And 'SUPREMO' - I bow to you, we are not worthy Nana Moon! See, I told you that was your 'grade' a few weeks ago, but they obviously got it wrong and 'jumped the gun'.
I've got to do something about keeping up to date on this site - I don't get all the alerts - so lots goes on and I haven't seen it unless I spend the day constantly checking (I don't think so) and the first and only 'follow' that I set up doesn't give me alerts, so I haven't bothered 'following' anyone else. Grrrr.....
Well I am off now. So much for calorie counting, we have beef casserole and dumplings tonight - yum-wah! (Hubby objects to curry or anything highly spiced before sailing - for obvious reasons! His crew appreciate it too!:eeeuw:)
XX
 
@dogwheels thank you for the compliments. I am even more happy that your swelling is going down. Thank goodness for that x you deserve a break from all the rubbish you've gone through with it lately. What will you do while your OH is away sailing? X
 
@Nana moon 27

I've posted this on susanne's thread too, but I wanted to put it in your thread as well, because I think it's important.

I disagree most strongly with Freddie the physio! Your health has not been good, you are still tripping (the last time in Aldis) and you still feel as if you are needing the support. Apart from the energy drain from the knee replacement, the repeated chest infections have weakened you. Your knee is still very swollen. And Freddie is talking about strengthening your core. Sounds like bad advice to me!

Use the cane as long as you feel you need it. It's there for your protection. In any case, Freddie is there to advise you, not to order you. Remember that he works for you, not the reverse.

Not using the cane is just asking for another fall. There's plenty of time to strengthen your core, once your general health is better. Meanwhile, concentrate on reducing all that swelling (Rest, Ice, Elevate!) and you may well find that your ROM improves, as if by magic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry all. i have not left the planet! i contacted my daughter to run me up to Aldi as they had the patio sets on offer for £49.99 (Eng). I wanted one because the table is small and circular and is made of real patterned glass. it comes with four fold up chairs. Stupid me decides to try a chair with out considering it was half on the laminate and half on the stone tiled floor in the kitchen. As I went to stand up it slipped, so did i and i twisted my wretched knee! for goodness sake! Anyway I had contacted my hairdresser about getting rid of this shoulder length hair, up to a long bob, a bit like how it looks on my avatar here, where the long side layers of my hair give the bob illusion. As luck had it she was in the area, came in and did it. I absolutely love it. My hairdresser was really pleased with the result! My daughter just came in and went wow. Even my husband who is the last to say anything about my hair as a rule likes it!

My knee is aching but I couldn't care less right now because im really tired and we are havkng the grandchildren after school today, so im just having a rest before they come.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@nanamoon. Since I still can't log on to my acct all I have to say is.......I can't believe u hurt your knee again. Why can't you still use your cane for support??? Also just curious about all your fluid retention. Why doesn't the dr give you a water pill like LASIX Do you have that over there?? Please take it easy or I will have to send you bubble wrap!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I should just avoid supermarkets, seats and life!!! No I do have my crutch back in the car now. So if my husband drives me anywhere crowded I can use it xx
 
@Nana moon 27 Stopped in to check on you and see how things are going!!! So sorry you are still having problems with your knee! I am so sorry to hear that! I thought I would come in and see you running marathons!!!
 
Freddie is talking about strengthening your core
Depends on how he is approaching your core, strenuous exercises (no), or gentle toning of your core (yes). So many people fall because of poor core activation during activities, the core is plenty strong, but just does not fire when you need it. Core toning would consist of when you first stand up tall, gently pull your tummy in, release, repeat, then gently pull your tummy in and turn your trunk a little to each side, hold on to something when learning this. Wakes up those muscles so they will work while you are moving around. All in less than 5 minutes.
I am guessing he feels you are falling due to poor core strength, when more likely core muscles are just not working when you are moving around. They like to :sleep:.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thank you @Pumpkln, yes. He said I have to stand more straight because I am starting to slump because if looking at the floor all the while, as I'm nervous when I walk minus the crutch, especially if the ground is uneven or in busy areas. He is concerned about my posture and this is why he insists that I try to walk nice and straight with my tummy tucked in etc. When I lie in my tummy on his couch, my right hip is slightly raised which he says is due to my body starting to twist because my knee doesn't straighten properly. I have to physically make the effort to put it into the right position, once he makes me aware of it.

What do you think?

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Funny how having one thing going on, for you a knee that won't straighten, effects everything. Being mindful is the best thing you can do. I hope you have your consultation soon.
Glad to hear you have a hair cut, nothing like a good cut to make you feel like a new woman!
 
Right everyone I have a question that's bugging me a bit. If I am unsuccessful with this surgeon next week and unhappy with his response, who do I go to and ask for a second opinion? Xxxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom