Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Important question. Mortality rate. I would never have thought to ask that one!!
Today so beautiful out in the z70s. Sitting outside with my very elderly neighbors, embarrassing that they are in better shape than I'm in....
Off to visit the mommy tonight. New aide coming so I need to be there to tell her what needs to be done. I'm so not good at telling people what to do, so much easier doing it myself
My best friend just became a grandma again 9 lb boy. Getting my strength up to visit. She lives UP a flight of stairs. Will probably take me an hr just to go up the steps...not my strong point.
Other than that knee holding up well, sleeping on my sides but knee is burning hot at night. Will have to ask surgeon in 2 weeks.if this is normal. The good thing not taking as many drugs. Limiting my oxi to just 1 a day and if necessary at bedtime. Able to drive and function fine on the meds. I just have no appetite. Guess that's a good thing.
Have a great night everyone xx susanne



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Hi everyone, I hope you're all ok? After finding out yesterday that if I got up and walked about a little after waking up the pain eases, I reduced my morphine, morning and night. I did the same thing again today. I woke up in terrible pain got up, went the loo, walked round a few minutes and et voila the pain went. I reduced my morphine again. I will take this dose today and tomorrow and if I'm ok I will definitely reduce again. I want my life back. I want a clear head and be able to drive. I need to return to work. I'm taking 4x2 paracetamol (Tylenol) to support this. If I can just use Paracetamol, then I can definitely drive. However, if the reduction Is no good then I can take a 10mg morphine to see me through to later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in blessed pain. I've upped the morphine, I thought I was doing ever so well today. My knee, calf and ankle are swollen. I'm very fed up and tired. I keep getting very upset really easily. I know a lot of it is self pity and anger at the way I am physically. I have to get over this. Roll on 6th May see the OS....

Hope everyone has had a good day and I'll try and be in touch when I can while I'm away xoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 Mowing the lawn :yikes::scare: --I have enough trouble pushing a stroller with the one-year old in it. You must have really been feeling good :dancy:
Allergies are really getting to me so feeling :eeeuw: --I'll chat more when I'm feeling :happydance:
 
Know what the turning point with me was? Well you do because I already messaged you,,,,easing off the pain meds a little.....and pushing myself a little. I woke up stiff...I would ride bike....do a little bit more each day. If you truly listen to that body and push yourself a little more......it does work. As long as their isnt something mechanically wrong....a lot of our own inhibitors are the ones we see in the mirror. Pain stopped me. Pain told me I couldn't do it. But I faced it head on. Am I healed? OH dear Lord no way. I have a long journey ahead of me...but today....today is so much better than yesterday. I can't wait for tomorrow...because it's another day in recovery. (And 9 weeks baby!)... Much love to each of you...and Ann....ALWAYS here to listen!!! xoxoox
 
Hello all. I hope you are all well. What lovely posts to read today. The weather has been lovely but surprise, surprise, I got up this morning so hot and not feeling well again. I went to the bathroom my left boob and armpit were sore. When I had a look I'd got a double abscess in my armpit. Worse still I went back in the bedroom, lay down, lifted my armpit and felt deeper. It had made all the tissues and glands deep in the pit swell up. I didn't hang about I rang the local surgery and they got me an appointment for this morning. The doctor confirmed all I suspected. It had attacked those deep tissues etc. anyway he asked if I had a problem with my leg as he'd noticed my limp. I explained about my op. he asked if he could look and I agreed. He also said that it is not right to be so bent. He was relieved when I told him I'm seeing the os on may 6th! So I've got these really large Flucloxacillin.
I just want to say a massive thank you to you all for all the lovely posts and pics xox

I will post again tomorrow. I'm going to rest again now. I feel very worn out. I'm supposed to be going to see our friends in North Wales tomorrow x x x we should've gone today but I wasn't well enough x x x

Please all have a restful evening/afternoon and a good nights pain free night xxxx

All my love from Nana moon 27 xox
 
@nana moon27. Oh no! I can't believe for all that to happen to you when you're on holiday and, supposed to be, having a good relax! I'm so very sorry. You just take care of yourself in whatever way you can. I hadn't realised there was a problem with your knee either. 6th May is a while to wait to see the OS. Can't you see someone earlier? If it's not as it ought to be SOMEONE should be seeing to it ASAP. Oh dear. I await updates. :groan: I hate bad news. :sad: Be better soon. I assume you're on antibiotics for the abscess? Oh yes, that'll be the flucloxacillin. Wishing you well xx
 
Poor poor nana moon. What's going on over there. That's a bit scary for an abscess. Hope everything works out ok and you're resting. I feel terrible for you. Wishing you a very speedy recovery!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:shocked:Ann, I'm getting you a plastic bubble to live in. I'm so sorry you have yet another ailment going on. This one sounds scary. You have to be very very careful regarding infections sweetie. You DO NOT want anything traveling down to your TKR, so that should be one of the 1st things you tell any Dr. I hope the antibiotics works and you heel up quickly my friend. Please take care of yourself. xoxoxox

BTW, when you say your knee is very 'bent' are you talking about your extension? Your inability to get your leg flat/straight or is it actually crooked? Extension you can work on - the other, not so much ....
 
@Nana moon 27 So sorry you have an infection --do keep on top of it and if there is any sign of spreading head to an emergency room. Our roses are in full bloom. I'll post some pics of them all when I can download them. This one is for you! It's called First Prize..
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Oh my the rose is beautiful. That's all I do is take photos. I did the photos for our school brochure I couldn't shoot the chikdrens faces due to privacy issues , so it looks like the kids are in witness protection program. Just bought myself anew camera last oft for my birthday. Never without one


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
Oh my goodness ..... what a lot going on. I had a quick check on my phone while I was waiting for physio and all was quiet on the Bonesmart front .......... just thought I'd take a look before bed and whoooaah ........

@Nana moon 27 - I am so sorry about the latest in your ongoing saga of horrid ailments. @DogLoverx3 is absolutely right, be very careful about a deep infection like that. If anything feels not right, do as @Chihuahan says and head for the nearest A and E. I hope the antibiotics don't make you feel too bad and they get this 'nasty' sorted out quickly. This abscess only goes to show how low and run-down you must be at present. I do hope that it wont make you feel so bad that it will spoil your time away and that you manage to visit your friends and have a good time. Lots of healing wishes headed your way XXXXX

Well its late so will say goodnight to one and all
X
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness @Nana moon 27, I am away from your thread for a few days and it seems like everything is busting loose at the seems. So sorry to be just getting caught up with everything. So so sorry about the abcess, infection.. Just what you don't need at this point, but so glad you got to the doctor quickly. Hope you have gotten something sooner from OS. Maybe that is why you were having so much pain because the leg is not bending correctly? I am so so sorry. My prayers go out to you and hope you are on the mend son. Just when you are having so much from on vacation. Geez... :cry::console2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey sweets.....I think it was both of our worst weeks....not sure if you caught my latest post......but I am not doing so well.....I am thinking of you....Hopefully everything can get sorted....
 
Hi Anne, I've been thinking of you lots, I so hope that you are ok and are able to enjoy your trip in the caravan. Has the abscess gone down now?
I'm having a day 'at home' on site in ours, we went round Canterbury yesterday, and then did a brewery tour/ supper last night and it was all too much for my left knee. It is so frustrating that the TKR knee is perfect, I should be completely free to do as I want now, but I will have to grin and bear it. Never mind, there is a consolation, my son is on his own with my grandson today, and they live in Kent, not too far from where we are staying, so I've got surprise visitors, definitely worth staying in for.
Hope everyone us ok, chat soon, Lyn xxxxx
 
Hi all. Well I had such a late night I overslept until nearly 11am which is unheard of for me. I was supposed to be at moms for her birthday by 1pm. What a nightmare. I realised I'd left her beautiful birthday card in the caravan so my husband had to drive me up to the local shopping centre so I could get another. As usual I found nothing to replace it as nice as the one I had bought originally!

She seems in good spirits today but her eyes are bloodshot from the tests and drops etc that she went through yesterday. She absolutely loved the Welsh dragon made of stone for her garden. It is fantastically detailed. I bought it from Corris Craft centre in Wales. She'd wanted one for ages and was over the moon when she unwrapped it. I bought her the natural grey stone colour. They had one in a dusty terracotta but he wasn't as nice as the plain stone one. It is a very good size and only cost £30.00. I looked on the internet and they were sort of £65-70 and not half as detailed as this one. My poor daughters has to carry it out of my house into my eldest daughters car. Then when we got to moms, they had to carry it out too. They also placed it in a designated spot in the garden where she wanted it putting. He does look lovely. My brother couldn't help as his arthritis is appalling at the moment.

Anyway, they're all coming for tea at my house tomorrow. I'm quite looking forward to entertaining them. I just love doing stuff like this.

I'm absolutely shattered my knee really aches and doesn't like my stairs still! X

Goodnight everyone. Sleep well xxxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I have just cancelled doing Sunday tea with my family. I've barely the energy to get off my bed leg alone entertain. They were all very understanding about it, thank goodness. Its such a shame as I was so looking forward to having them come round the house. Never mind. Maybe next week x x x

Hi @dogwheels oh that lemon drizzle, yummy. Yes I'll take it easy again not much choice. Please enjoy your Sunday too. Please give Gilbert a fuss from me please. He's so cute.

Hi @robynhood that's so true what you say in your post. By the way whereabouts in Wales did you go? Xxx

Catch you later love Nana Moon 27 xxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom