Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Morning all

I'm uncomfortable this morning but but I was warned the next 48 hours may be going to hurt. Im going to wake him up to go get me my breakfast I don't want to do the stairs yet. I need to take my pain meds x

I hope you all got some rest and you are all okay?

I will post in a big when I've sorted myself out x xx.

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @nana moon, I'm so pleased the physio went well, it is expensive but if it makes us feel so much better then it must be worth it, that's what I'm telling myself anyway. Tiny signal this morning and only on phone, so it's not easy to post- I won't be on for long. I have enjoyed catching up on everyone's news, good luck today @ Karringtyn, do let us know how it goes. I was so pleased to hear from @foxymyster, great that you are doing so well, one of those inspirational recoveries, I'm really happy for you.
We went to Lizard point yesterday, it was so beautiful and fairly warm and sunny. This morning it is raining, we'll go out later. Hopefully I can get a better signal later and write more Ellejay xx
 
Wakey wakey @Nana moon 27 - sorry you are a bit achy this morning, but it must be worth it for what 'Freddies Fantastic Fingers' are doing for you. The very fact that you can feel and see the difference his therapy is making, will be making you feel so much better and more confident.
Your new clothes sound lovely - and the dress really pretty. I have spent most of the winter in leggings and tunics/knee length dresses - and am doing the same now. I don't know what I would do without them. My knee hasn't seen the light of day since I don't know when - apart from on the beach/boat.
Well this is a quick one as I have some paperwork to do this morning and am then off to hydro this afternoon.
Talk later
X
 
Ooh forgot to mention I have appointment with my GP in the morning at 8.40. My sick note runs out so I have to go and see him. I'll let you know how this all goes x x x x x
 
I went to the docs today. He has given me four weeks off work. Hopefully I can go back by then. He has referred me back to the OS! I told him what Freddy the Frenchman had said about my knee being bent etc. He agreed that what Freddy had said made sense. I took my sick note into HR at work. They were brilliant. Officially my return day is Wednesday. 30th April. The good news is that the new inhaler he told me to take with the others is like a charm.

@dogwheels good luck with the hydro. Hope it all goes ok. Look forward to hearing how it goes

Catch you later, love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 - sounds as though your GP appointment went well - I am so glad that you got some very positive results health wise and can start planning for a return to work. I do hope when everyone starts getting their life back to normal/return to work etc that we can still meet up here for a chat now and again. We have come through a lot together and I for one would really miss you guys!
Hydro was good. I had the pool and a different physio, all to myself this morning - yay! Worked hard and yet again the physio was pleased and thought I was doing far better than she had expected me to. I know its not a lot to most people on here, but I managed 90 degrees today - 5 degrees up on Wednesday, so I really hope that things are moving on up. One of the nurses that helps poolside said she thought that perhaps now I have kind of got it moving, it may sort itself out and move quickly back to where I was again. I'm not so sure about that - but I can live in hope! I'm one of life's most impatient people and I so want to get myself back to where I was. The physio said I could try going upstairs as I have the strength. I'd also like to do a gentle pedal on my 'wheels' - but at the moment I am so scared that it will all seize up again, so I am just doing my little exercises and that's all. I have a physio session on Monday so I think I need to have a sensible chat and get some guidelines sorted. My husband said that since my blip, I have turned into a troglodyte! But I was scared, it wouldn't bend, it hurt, it hurt to sit in the car and I was told to rest it as much as poss - I really didn't want to go out. But now things are slowly improving and I am getting a bit stir crazy ........
My daughter is taking me for a little ride to a Hobbycraft shop, not too far from here, on Sunday to buy crafting goodies. She is spending the day with me as its Mothers Day, has got the latest Glee DVD for us to watch back to back and then she's cooking supper for us all as I wouldn't let her book a restaurant, as I wasn't sure how comfortable that would be for me at the moment. She's doing Delia's roast tarragon chicken and it is yummy-licious!
Well I am off for a cuppa now, so will say TTFN
Talk later
X
 
@Nana moon 27 So glad your appointment went well. Time is what this recovery takes. Freddie's comments about your knee made me get back to the knee straightening exercises. My sister-in-law has just had open-heart surgery and they told her it will take 10-12 weeks for the breast-bone to heal. We have so much that has been attacked that it's no wonder it takes so long.
Daughter just phoned from the hospital where she is a maternity nurse --there is a Noro virus outbreak in the community. That explains grandson's vomiting etc. --he is much better today. We don't want the baby to get it--it's her first birthday next week!
Hope everyone has a lovely day! :SUNsmile:
 
I told him what Freddy the Frenchman had said about my knee being bent etc. He agreed that what Freddy had said made sense.
I agree that getting your knee unbent will really help with your walking and back issues.... when your leg extends a bit better you can walk more with less back pain and your legs will strengthen so you can walk even more which will improve your extension.... kind of a self-perpetuating thing!:SUNsmile:
Cheers, Al
 
Not only the extra time off but getting your leg manipulated by Frenchman Freddie. Ohh la la
Is everyone sleeping now?? 5;0:30 pm here. Getting ready to make oops I meant order dinner
 
@Chihuahuan & @susanne enjoy your take outs x x x yummy x and ooh la la I thank goodness for Freddy.p the Frenchman. He truly is money well spent for his expertise and advice. I was able to go to my GP today well informed and better still the GP agreed, he said it made sense and that was why he referred me back to the OS. I honestly felt relieved x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh. I'm in so much pain x it woke me up ouch x I hope you're all ok xxxx love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 just seeing your last post. I hope you are feeling better. That is no fun to have pain wake you up. Believe me I know. Have been going through that for the past week. Not knee pain. RA pain and migraine headaches to die for. Hope you are feeling okay and able to go back to sleep.
 
Oh dear, Nana moon, I'm sorry you're in pain. Did you have a bad night generally? I hope it improves and you can enjoy Mothers' day. My hus and I are having a smoked salmon sandwich and a glass of bubbley at my Mum's bench near the beach where she lived (and I grew up so many years ago!). Sun's shining, looking good!
 
@DogLoverx3, @dogwheels @Ellejay and everybody...IT'S MY THREE MONTH ANKNEEVERSARY! And I didn't realise...

Ok. Positives. I can bend my knee if I drop something on the floor. It can take all my weight and I know it won't give way on me! Eventually I'm thinking ill be fine. Recovery is just a bit slow that's all x x x negatives are pain, swelling and I can't say for sure that I'm in less pain than I was previously. It's still on a par. The ironic thing about all this is my rom, preoperatively, despite the OA was perfect with 0 flexion. That's why I can't get my head around why it's so poor now x x I know this much. I'm physically better than the man on my caravan site who had it done twelve months ago. He's not much older than me x x x there I managed to end on a positive x x x
 
Congratulations on your 3 month anniversary, I was thinking mine was on Saturday, but that will be 12 weeks- not quite the same. Well done for finding the specs.... men! Talking of which have you all see the post from the lady whose husband thinks she's skiving because of her TKR? It made my blood boil to read it.
My knee is really sore and aching tonight, I know I've overdone it today and I want to get packed and ready to leave for Wales early in the morning. I'm sorry your walk wasn't that much fun @Yorkshiregal54, just think of all the sunshine and heat there will be in South America. Hi @suzzee2000, I hope that your recovery is still going well and that you are not too uncomfortable.


Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom