Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi Chris (@dogwheels)

I was gobsmacked at the effectiveness of the acupuncture. It really relaxed me too. I could've slept where I was. I walked out of the clinic he'd almost got my knee straight and I walked so much better. I felt great too. To me this is money well spent but it will have to be limited to once a month. I will have to work extra hard in between sessions after Tuesday.

It's nice to know it helped your daughter, I have always been sceptical about acupuncture. Now I'm converted!
It's amazing. He made me laugh because he said and now, I am goin to do zee majic and my golly it worked!

It's lovely that you did that for your mom with her old pics. I bet she loves showing them to people x

Good luck tomorrow with your OS appointment. I hope all goes well

Love Ann x xoxoxoxo
 
I lie on the bed on my tummy with only my upper thigh and knee supported and let the weight pull my ankle down for ten minutes each day
I do that one too!... with one of couple of 5 pound ankle weights w/Velcro straps I got a for $17 at Walmart.... & as I have lower back problems it helps to lie with a pillow under my hips... with a little adjustment I can tolerate it for 10-15 minutes a couple of times a day.

The other one is warm the joint, flex the muscles above the knee and try to press the kneecap in to the mattress
And that's a good one to do while you're sitting in your recliner, as a quadriceps exercise... I think it's safe to modify any and all of these exercises in all kinds of ways... so long as it doesn't hurt you, the variety keeps you interested in doing them, and you might find they're just as effective as those costly PT sessions.

Did you know there's a pretty good explanation of how to do acupressure massage in the library? I tried that on a sore spot on the lateral side of my quads and it worked wonders! :SUNsmile:
Cheers, Al
 
The exercises should be fine, be gentle with your self. Here is a link to some similar ex. in the library. Take it easy with adding too much weight too fast. A little can go along way, don't overdoing the ex.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/extension-exercises-for-improvement.9529/
Be sure to be gentle if you are pushing right down on the knee cap, mine does not like anyone to push straight down.
I was glad to read you were walking better after the session:yay:.
You will get there!
 
Hi @Pumpkln thank you ever so much for your input and the link. I will look at it when I am awake properly. I got a good few hours cat nap tonight. I'm still very tired but I'm hungry and it's keeping me awake. I'm going downstairs now to get a fat free yogurt, banana & custard flavour which is my favourite! Yummy!

Thank you once again love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxo.
 
Hi

Ooh that yogurt I went downstairs for....I added three level tablespoons of sugar free muesli to it, mixed it in and left it to soak while I made myself a cup of tea. I've just eaten it and mmmhmmmm it was delicious. I'll do that again sometime.

That physio has done me good. I'm sitting with my op leg flat on the bed and I can actually feel the back of the knee touching the mattress. Thank goodness progress!!! At last!!!!!

Im going to drink my cup of tea and try to go back to sleep I am very tired x x x


Love Nana moon27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
:friends:Hi all. I had some good quality longer length naps last night. I feel a bit better In myself. I still feel tired.

My knee doesn't feel bad yet but the day is very young yet!!! I've no plans for today. I am going to be on my own for a while, as my husband is going over his sisters to finish off a little work for her.

He just brought me 2slices of the small malted Danish bread with marmalade on it and a cup of tea. I haven't had to go downstairs yet (result)!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That physio has done me good. I'm sitting with my op leg flat on the bed and I can actually feel the back of the knee touching the mattress. Thank goodness progress!!! At last!!!!!
I know exactly what you mean Nana moon!! It's the best feeling! SO GLAD you are making progress!! Yippee!!! Glad you have a good Physio!!!!! HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!
 
Hi all.

Well we went to the shops to get him some new jogging bottoms and a pair of trainers. Anyway, he said ok you need shoes so well go to TK Maxx. Useless total waste of time. We went to Brantano I tried a couple of pairs, one pair were Clarks but the hardness of them seemed to jolt my knee when I walked. Even ones with soft soles and very low wedge heels jolted me and flats crucify me. So I got cross and abandoned the idea. I'm resolved to life now with trackie bottoms, occasional jeans and either my trainers or the frumpy yet comfortable Rieker T Bar shoes. This has done nothing at all to make me feel good. All it's done is made me feel worse and cried feeling sorry for myself because I don't think Im ever going to be able to wear nice shoes ever again or any of my nice dresses in the wardrobe. What do other people do? I seriously need some advice! Thanks all x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @chihuhuan nope I never made the orchids. I knew I wouldn't make the walk. I have struggled round three shops and we're talking man type shopping...straight in and out and try things quickly. Not a good experience.

How did you get on as regards footwear after your first knee replacement. How long before you wore shoes again? I'm really very upset by this today it has really got to me I afraid x x x
 
Aww Ann, I'm so sorry your trip out did nothing to brighten your mood. I bet one of these days we will both be wearing very stylish shoes again! Truth be told, I'm getting used to not having to make shoe decisions at the moment - I have 3 pairs of trainers that I wear and my only decision is whether to wear the bright orange ones, the grey and blue ones or the white ones :-) Maybe if you got some crazy looking ones, that would be better?

I'm so very sorry that your Sunday has not turned out the way that you wanted. :-( I wish I could send the dogs over to cheer you up (or me!) xoxoxo :puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze:
 
Hi Nanamoon shoes are a big problem, I wear pumps and trainers and boots,I did buy some sandals with a back strap and hope they will be o.k.It is things like that that get you down I still find jeans a bit uncomfortable,we just want to be normal again it will happen just hang in there :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 and @yiayia3. You've both reassured me. I was was so upset about it. I came in iced and elevated and fell asleep!

I'm about to have my Sunday roast in a bit so I'll post later x x
 
@Nana moon 27 I have never worn what you would call stylish shoes or heels above 2 inches --too hard on my back and feet --and knees. There are lots of attractive shoes out there that are comfortable. Clarks makes some but other brands are better --just not sure what is available. I would not even dream of getting lots of new shoes --or throwing away shoes-- until all your pain is gone and you know what your new "normal" will be. I can still wear all my shoes and sandals. I look for shoes with a heel cup so it provides stability for the knee. Focus on sandals for this summer.
My favorites at the moment are these by Merrell https://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Womens-Hollyleaf-Bracken-US/dp/B0058YYXLK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395590057&sr=8-3&keywords=merrell sandals women
I also like this brand, they have a negative heel which works great for my back https://www.amazon.com/Kalso-Earth-Womens-Enthuse-Sandal/dp/B0097BG1JW/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1395590169&sr=8-16&keywords=earth sandals for women

It's just a matter of feeling confident in yourself and doing what is best to move forward and not dwelling on the past.
Just did a search on Amazon UK for Women's Comfort Sandal --lots of frumpy but some are attractive -- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Tec-Sports-F000460-076-01/dp/B004NRNV8O/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1395590956&sr=8-13&keywords=women's comfort sandals
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Earth-Spirit-Arlington-Comfort-Sandals/dp/B00GZ16S2W/ref=sr_1_46?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1395591151&sr=1-46&keywords=comfort sandals
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Ann! Just when I thought you were off with your husband on a lovely jaunt somewhere - I come back to check my mail and discover that you are having a footwear fume.
I'm with @Chihuahuan on this one - don't throw anything away yet. Give it time and see how things go.
My knee has been so bad for so long that it is years since I have worn the mega high heels of my youth. The last few years on good days I have resorted to high platform wedges (Clarks have done a fantastic pair of sling backs that I have in each colour that have a 'hidden' platform in the shoe and a nice highish heel, so they look high without actually being so). They are really comfy and I wore them a lot last year until the knee gave out completely. I'm hoping that months down the line I will be able to wear those again.
Sadly I have found that my wardrobe has adapted to suit my footwear. Long dresses and trousers hide a multitude of footwear probs. Like @yiayia3 in Winter I am always in boots, be they full length, biker or ankle. I try not to ever wear flats, so Summer is usually any ballerina style I can find with a flatform or slight heel, espadrilles with a little wedge, boat shoes and Converse! I must confess that I am puzzling whether I will be able to wear toepost sandals (flip flops/thongs/ call them what you will). I'm not a big one for everyday strappy sandals as they always seem to rub!
Your post motivated me to toddle upstairs and root out the shoes that I wore heaps last year. I was even able to wear them after my knee gave out and I had no bend at all. In the spirit of investigation I tentatively put them on - they are so comfy and I could walk in them! Now I am not going to trot around in them each and every day, my boring old loafers and moccasins will do for now, but for a special occasion I have something that will do.
I've attached a pic of them below, along with a pair of Fitflop ballerinas that I also wear which have a little height and look quite presentable.
Enjoy your roast and talk later.
X

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Morning all. Hope you're all ok?

I know this much...not only have pain in my knee, it's in my hip and my back. I think it's the aftermath of the fall on Saturday. Lord knows what Freddy the Frenchman will 'ave to zay about zis, tomorrow afternoon. Yes, I've got my shorts sorted this time! Gosh I couldn't have the embarrassment again like last week!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom