Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Shock, horror. I'm in no pain!!!! That man has worked a miracle on me this afternoon. My leg was practically straight. As I am not going to see him for a number of weeks now. He has given me more exercises to work on. I mentioned about the pain worsening when I ice it. He has said unless it swells up really bad, not to ice it. Also when I lay on my stomach he told me to flatten my right hip.. I said I am he said you're not and pushed my hip down. He said "zis is what zis bent knee is already doing to your body, eet is making your body twist because it is not straight so you are walking to compensate for zis" ! I had lots of intensive massage and acupuncture done, bends, stretches and pushing on my knee. It went practically straight. I've come out with no pain. He said it's because the knee is in a much better position, being straighter. I'm lying in the bed and the mattress is touching the back of my knee x x

I hope you've all had a good day !

@yiayia3 the swellings gone right down thank you for your kindness

I'm going to sleep now while there's no pain x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great report!
So happy to hear you are making such wonderful gains with your PT that you trust!
Have a good nights sleep :sleep:.
As for Ice, it can be too cold for some knees, I use cold packs from the refrigerator, they are not as cold, and my knee likes them better. Anyway that is my 2 cents worth.
 
Hi @Jozilla and @Pumpkln thanks so much for your support. Pumpkin I think I'll try your suggestion when I need it. It's a good idea. Thank you xxxx love Nana moon 27xxxxxx
 
@ nana moon 27, that is wonderful news. My PT used to push my knee down at each visit to get it as straight as she could.I kept telling her I have RA so I don'tknow how straight it was going to get. It may even be straighter no wthan the left one which nothing was done to. So glad things are looking better for you.
 
Thank you @chestnc @Chihuahuan @dogwheels. I am going to do exactly as he has said. It was great not being in pain. My husband thinks I should push for more physio on the nhs. I'm not so sure x x x I prefer private x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - perhaps if you manage to get to see your OS again you could press for some more NHS physio or explain to your GP and see what he can do. I really think you need very specific 1:1 - and I am not sure how easily you would get that on NHS.
X
 
Hi @dogwheels. Freddy's physio is worth every penny. I don't think NHS will come close. I will speak to the GP ON Friday. If not then I'll carry on with private PT x x x
 
Great to hear your physio went well. I had a lot of issues with my PT. I saw the physio 3 times before she discharged me and my knee was still at 90. My knee was so swollen when I did see her we hardly got any exercises in. I got more help from this forum on what exercises I should do to help ROM. At around the six month mark I can't really remember when my GP referred me back to physio department and a different physio stated my lack of bend was due to lack of physio after the TKR. You don't say. So I am not a fan of NHS physio but I know it differs around the country. One thing I do know is our friends in the USA get a lot more physio than we do.
 
Nanamoon. Yay. I'm so happy for you. Isn't it a great feeling to be somewhat normal
Good for you after everything you've been thru and everything you've bumped into
Just make sure you look where u are going. I'm rooting for you. You can be our poster knee woman!!!
 
Nana moon. Those are some glamorous gams. I mean even the colors are pretty,, hopefully when you start walking you will be more aware of your surroundings that is the otter an and any other furniture that's in ur way. You look great!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27
WOOD HOOO!!
So very happy for you that the Fabulous French Freddie & His Magic Fingers was able to make a difference!
Simply spectacular :)


Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Jozilla, I said exactly that to my husband in the car on the way home. He's just thinking of flipping money again. But if I can't spend a bit of MY hard earned cash once a month on myself, then there's something wrong. I will speak to my GP about NHS physio but I know what he's going to say most likely is no!

I am relaxed, ok knee is a bit stiff but no bad pain tonight. It's a nice feeling. It was worth every penny to me. He does acupuncture as well as heavy pummelling massage but he never hurts me.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom