Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I'm with @dogwheels on what she said about you Ann. I concur 100%. I also like the idea of a TKR reunion of sorts where the only meds we take come pouring out of a bottle around happy hour. :) Oh, and of course, all day is happy hour in this alternate universe!

@Nana moon 27 , I'm so so sorry that your doc seems to be stuck in his mindset. The sheer fact that he cannot differentiate between addiction and dependency is absolutely ludicrous. You are not addicted to the morphine however I do think you're dependent on it. That's not a choice you made, it's one your body made for you. I would love for you to get a second opinion sweetie. A new set of eyes is always a good thing. I"m sorry, I promise not to bring this up again, your doctor just reminds me of the definition of insanity: trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome! :hairpulling: I do hope you find a way to feel better though and make yourself more comfortable. xoxoxoxo I think going to your caravan site will do you a world of good. Different scenery, all on one level and hopefully a whole new outlook on things!

I love how @Chihuahuan always has an amazing link to share with everyone!
 
@Nana moon 27 I had the hairy scar thing then all of a sudden it disappeared. Quite weird!
"You" pre-TKR like sounds like I was at your age --took breast cancer to make me slow down and smell the roses. Major events like these certainly make one re-prioritize and at times that is difficult for our loved ones as well as ourselves. The feeling of being out of control is quite daunting when you've been an in-control perfectionist person -even worse when you're a Virgo! :rolleyes:. Faith got me through the cancer and it made me a better, more honest-with-myself, person.
 
I am in bed now. Have taken all meds at right doses. Took new inhaler on top of all rest. I feel ok x
I hope you all get a decent nights sleep over here and everyone else enjoys their afternoon/evening xxxx

Hi @DogLoverx3 thank you for your concern. You have a really good heart and it's nice to know you care x x x the change of scenery will do me good. I so need a break from this house.

@Chihuahuan thanks for the reassurance about the hairy scar issue. I'm sorry to hear you went through breast cancer. I supported my sister in law with hers. She's just had an apology off the nhs for a rogue surgeon who performed an illegal cleavage saving mastectomy. The letter ended we are sorry etc...that you are left with an uncertain future. They cannot remove the cleavage which contains breast tissue because her skin is irradiated. It was so bad when she had reconstruction, it rejected the new skin, went black and she had to have a full mastectomy minus the cleavage. At that point it had not emerged about the risks this procedure left women with. Therefore since all the new information she has a potential time bomb in her cleavage x x x x her mastectomy is a mess. Her confidence is at rock bottom because he really got into her head. She believed everything that he told her. Some women have since died as a result of this procedure. It is an ongoing case. It's been in the papers over here a lot.

@yiayia3 yes definitely I need a change. Are you ok? X x x




I will be around for a while x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dear @Nana moon 27, I admit I read your post earlier on today and I've been trying to work out what to say to you, and now it's close to bed time and I still can't find the right words. I expect, by now, you thought you would be just about back to normal, and instead you are still going through so much pain and coping with so many difficulties, and yet you still sound so positive. I agree that a break in your caravan might be a really good idea, you could start your recovery all over again, but in a different location and it would make you rest, you wouldn't be able to climb stairs. Even if it doesn't warm up, you can take plenty of warm clothes. Providing it doesn't affect your asthma, some gentle walks in the fresh air could be beneficial.
I am so sorry that you are going through such a lengthy recovery, you are right, everything is for a purpose, and we have to accept what life throws at us. Hopefully, in the future you will look back at this time in your life and see some good that has come out of it, no one can tell what that might be now, maybe a strength and closeness in your marriage, it may be that you discover the inner strength you have, but I am sure that it will all end well, and that your knee will mend in it's own time.
I am thinking of you and hoping that things improve very soon.
Hugs, Ellejay xxx
 
I slept pretty well last night. I still woke up with the painful knee a few times but I definitely slept better than I have in a while. It may well be taking the right level of meds. I just got up to get water out the bathroom for my paracetamol and my knee is not right. I am going to contact that PT first thing this morning and set the ball rolling. I want a proper assessment on this knee. (@DogLoverx3 your symptoms describe mine that's why I'm going to make that call to the PT), I have to say apart from the GP examining my knee, touching two certain parts on it and making me really jump in pain (he apologised), he wasn't forthcoming about it. I think it's out of his league.

I really do hope that everyone has managed to get a half decent nights sleep and has a really good day...(@dogwheels I hope you've had a better night and a bit brighter today)x x x I'll look forward to reading your posts and catch you all later x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 Glad your night was better and hope you have some joy with new p.t fingers crossed for you you so deserve to get better.We are off to Portsmouth today as I mentioned in yesterdays post,we may stay tonight will take a bag and see.Slept O.K but still find it hard to sleep on my side hurts after a while never mind.Today we will know if our 4th grandchild will be a boy or girl it's due in August,I have 3 sons and 3 grandsons so you can imagine what I'm wishing for, but of course very used to boys. Hope everyone has a good day will speak later Terri
 
Hi @yiayia3 ooh how exciting. Don't forget to let us know what sex the baby is. Ooh I'm so excited for you. Have a safe journey and have a great time down in Portsmouth. My grandson travels to there to college every two weeks. Xoxoxoxo
 
@Nana moon 27, Glad you had a restful night. But sorry you are waking up with knee pain still. I slept well also. I was totally exhausted. Hopefully you will be able to have a great day. Don't try to over do it. Continue to heal and rest. Have a great day.
 
Ah thanks @chestnc. I'm sorry you're so exhausted I guess it's being at work and everything else you do ? Xoxoxoxo big hug for you x x x x x
 
I contacted the private PT this morning. He treated me through the insurance when I got whiplash about 18 months ago. Anyway I rang him and he remembered me. When I asked if he remembered me, he told me lots of stuff I'd told him eighteen months ago and I was amazed. He said he was not surprised when I called him and I asked him why he was not surprised. Apparently him and his partner were shopping in Morrison's supermarket and he saw a lady who looked very like me and commented this to his partner. I think for him with me it was a case of once seen never forgotten!! He is not working over the road from my house any more but about ten minutes drive away.

He has fitted me in for 1 pm tomorrow. He said as it's me he will only charge £35.00 per hour which is very reasonable. He was furious when I told him about the falls in hospital. His name is Freddy and he is French. Behind his back, I nicknamed him Freddy the Frenchman when I used to see him for physio before. He asked lots of questions on the phone and reckons he can help me. Well we will see.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oooo-la-la ! Zut alors! @Nana moon 27 - you obviously made an impression on the French physio!!!!!! That is ridiculously cheap (75% less than I pay!) - he obviously likes you and wants to help. This is good, particularly as he has seen you and knows a little of the problems that you have had. Perhaps he sees you as a chatty challenge? I am sure these practitioners much prefer patients that are pleasant and cheerful to deal with.
I'm glad that you have set something up with someone that you know and trust. Just don't expect instant results. At that price could you perhaps manage to have a couple of sessions? Or perhaps agree a block price for a few sessions? He'll want the hour for the first assessment, history taking and giving you your exercises, but after that any appts would only be half an hour I reckon.
I would ask what you'd get for £100 up front. On second thoughts perhaps that's not the way to phrase it .......... you might get more time on the couch than you bargained for ha ha ha!

Oooo-er I can feel a limerick coming on:

'A physio Frenchman called Freddy .........'

Talk later
ChrisX
 
Glad to hear you will be seeing someone you trust! Reasonable price too. Works out at todays exchange rate to $58.15 US.
 
Yey for pervy french men! OH, er, I mean - way to get a stellar discount Ann! :heehee: Remember, 1 foot on the floor at all times! :whistle:I so hope he's able to help (with the knee, that is)

@glazed151 , I think your holistic fair sounds awesome! I don't put a lot of faith in that stuff, but it sure is fun to have your fortune told. If you run across a holistic healer who wants to bless your knee, let them!! :-)

Have a save trip @yiayia3 !

Have a great day all at the coffee shop! I'll check in later! xoxoxo
 
I didn't sleep until 4am, totally ridiculous! However, I've woken up ok and I'm not in too much pain. In fact a lot less than normal. Have took pain meds and about to go and have a shower and wash my hair, basically humanise myself lol x x x

I hope you all managed a reasonable nights sleep, I look forward to reading your posts as always. I'll catch you all later
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Just thought is let you know how my PT went. He was mortified when he saw how bent my leg is. It's been like this since the stairs incident. He said all my problems are due to this. He said that I cannot go for the rest of my life with a bent leg and explained what this would do to my skeleton, my posture if it's not worked on.

He used deep massage and acupuncture. It got uncomfortable at times but at no point did he hurt me. He warned me that for the next 48 hours, starting tomorrow I would be cursing him. He has given me certain exercises I have to do at home. He even came out to the car and spoke to my husband about how important this is, how I need him to help and support me with them and why. I am due to see him again next Tuesday.

I will look at the posts in a while. I've not long got In from my friends. I will post you all later. Love Nana moon 27 xox

@DogLoverx3 I will IB you lAter x x x x
 
He said that I cannot go for the rest of my life with a bent leg and explained what this would do to my skeleton, my posture if it's not worked on.

Yeah, I'm sure my lower back has suffered permanent injury (DDD) due in part to years of having a slightly bent left knee... I haven't regained full extension yet but it's incrementally getting there, and co-incidental with that I'm having fewer and less intense episodes of back pain, so I can walk further and do more stuff: a win-win situation!.... I hope the new treatment plan does wonders for you so you can get your life back:SUNsmile:
Cheers, Al
 
Hi @saltyal that makes total sense what you just said and reinforces what he explained to me today. I have been having problems with my back the last week or so. The only problem is after Tuesday , I can only afford to go once a month. There is only my salary keeping the house going. My post is only a 75% in total for both jobs I do. The salary reflects this. Luckily he has given me exercises to do at home to help with getting my leg straight. One is I tie a long sock with a bag of sugar in it round my ankle. I lie on the bed on my tummy with only my upper thigh and knee supported and let the weight pull my ankle down for ten minutes each day. It acts like a form of traction. I have to make sure the joint is warmed up using a hot water bottle or a wheat pack and then do the exercises. The other one I have to warm the joint again, sit up, outstretch the leg and push the knee cap down against the mattress using my hand. The other one is warm the joint, flex the muscles above the knee and try to press the kneecap in to the mattress. When my thigh and calf muscles got a bit uncomfortable, he used acupuncture to get rid of the pain and my goodness it worked. I've always been a bit sceptical about that kind of thing. It worked beautifully. My leg was almost straight when I left. I walked out of there really well. It made a real difference.

He came out to the car where my husband was waiting and told him how very important it is for me to do these exercises and explained how they are done and about the bent leg problem. He has warned me that for 48 hours starting tomorrow I'm going to curse him.

@Pumpkln I'd be interested to hear what you think about this if you don't mind? Thank you x

Thank you for getting in touch saltyal it's lovely to hear from you.

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 and everyone else .....
So glad that you are pleased with your physio treatment - all sound exercises for straightening. You probably will curse him soon for having put you through it, but hopefully it will be worth it. I was always totally sceptical about acupuncture until my daughter had to see an osteopath with an old back/shoulder problem. She could hardly get in the car to get there, she was bent over and her face was creased with pain. After treating her, he tried some acupuncture and I couldn't believe the result, she got out of the car grinning and promptly touched her toes repeatedly - all stiffness was gone. After 48hours she felt as if she had been run over by a steam roller! But it really helped and obviously works.
I expect you are reading ,so congratulations Terri on the new grandchild to be.
NM27 is right, don't over do things Lyn - you don't want to land yourself with a problem like I have at the moment.
I love old photos too, and bought a brilliant scanning thing that scans straight onto a memory stick. When I moved my Mum out of her house I snaffled all the albums and scanned the whole lot. I made her a great big photo book of all the best ones and gave it to her as a moving in present. She keeps it on her coffee table near her chair so she can browse through it at any time and show it to all her visitors.
Well everyone, I have my appointment with the Knee God tomorrow. Should be back home by midday latest, so will post around lunchtime and hopefully tell you all the verdict of what's happened.
Take care and sleep well
ChrisX
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom