Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi all. I managed about two hours sleep. I know I have to rest and allow my body to recover. Worse still it is the most beautiful day. The sun is shining, the skies are a beautiful blue. I am very tired to say the least so I am going to say. Good morning everyone, I hope you all slept well and please have a fantastic day. Catch you later. Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
To state the obvious--this is where folks in the UK need a downstairs loo. My nephew installed one under the stairs and it worked really well. An uncle added on to the back of the house to install one then later had to have an electric chair on the stairs. Kills me when I visit my nieces who live in semi-detached (duplex in US) homes like yours. No wonder they are so slim. Hope you have a decent day. :)
 
Hi @Chihuahuan my husband is a plumber and was all set to fit us one. But to do that I have to lose part of my extended kitchen. I wasn't bothered too much about that but I would have to relinquish my range cooker which I adore and use to the max!! I wish in a way I'd had done so. Well see what happens. I have some heft bills coming out for the next three months so it's out of the question at the moment. It would just be the loo, it would be a new oven and hob and all x x x
 
Right today I have been good. Only upstairs four times and my good friend Dogloverx3 :puppysmooze: is no longer going to ground me!! I feel sooo much better so thank you all for suggesting I relax. It was advice well given and for once taken. Thank you x

All was good until tonight when my daughter phoned to say their car had broken down on the way back from Blackpool and they were in the services area trying to repair it, which luckily, eventually her partner did. However, this meant action stations this end and amazingly I took charge like my normal self!!! We had to get the kids to help sort their stuff and pack it the elder one was amazing at this. Then it was a final check all round the house making sure everything went inc my younger ones medication for her epilepsy. Then I remembered there was some of their washing on the drier which was school uniform etc. The reason we were upside down was that I was upstairs and had forgotten to say to my husband earlier on to ensure all the kids stuff was all sorted out. Due to the fact I had rested I coped so well with all of this. Another day I'd have probably got upset. Tonight I was a bit more like my old, taking charge and getting on with it self and it felt sooo good. All because I listened to you all! Thank you x x x x the upshot of all this is that our daughter returned back with us in the car, so she can follow her partner to the garage to drop theirs off in the morning and take him to work. I can't drive still so it makes good sense to do it this way.

Another bonus for me tonight because of taking it easy? I only need to take 20mg of Morphine woohoo!!! I'm not in pain just stiffness so I know I need to take a smaller dose with two paracetamol(Tylenol). I'm feeling very relaxed tonight and have taken plenty of food with the dreaded plastic capsules meds. Two more days and they're gone hooray!

I managed a good sleep this afternoon which helps and I do feel almost tired, so fingers crossed I sleep tonight.

Just to remind every one that @suzzee2000 has her op tomorrow, a BKTR no less, so I wish her all the best of luck and hope to hear from her when she is well enough:flwrysmile:

Goodnight everyone and I hope you have a restful one and to those of you over the pond I wish you the same after a wonderful evening x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone these roses are for you all to share to say a massive thank you for your help x x x xx


[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
Thank you xxxx
 
Those roses are so big and beautiful it seems like they are right here in my living room. Thank you and so glad you are feeling better and had a good day. Hope your night goes as well...:sleep::zzz:
 
Well, well, well, I slept lots. I have woken up and I haven't dived on my pain meds yet. Normally as soon as I open my eyes I'm hurting and chucking Paracetamol (Tylenol) down, with the morphine hot on it's heels. Well not today. Just an aching stiffness. I haven't got up yet but normally when I wake up, I'm in pain in the bed. I took a reduced dose if morphine too! So another day like yesterday is on the cards today. You are all so amazing and your help has paid off for me, so thank you.

I hope you like the virtual bouquet I left on my previous post for you all. Xxxxx
Looking forward to reading your posts today x x x. See you later x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 thanks for the roses they were lovely .we are all here for each other - your all my knee buddies my knee is still sore from overdoing it on Saturday but we learn - do we ? Lol . Hope we all have a fairly pain free week love sandra x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - thanks for the lovely flowers and so glad that you are feeling a bit better again today.

Special thank you for the flowers as it is my wedding anniversary and I am off for my 6 week check up.

Talk later
X
 
Ooh @dogwheels Happy Anniversary:flwrysmile:Dare I ask how many years servitude lol ? (That really was a joke).

My flowers were meant to be put on this post today then, how strange but lovely x x x x x

Oh and good luck with your six week check. Please let me know how you get on. I feel sure you're going to be just fine x x x x
 
@Nana moon 27 Thanks for the flowers but as the others have said we are here for each other.You sound a lot brighter great, the lovely weather helps I,m sure, well of now do cycle 10 miles!!!! Have a nice day all
 
So glad you woke up not diving for your pain meds! :happydance:That's great! That hasn't happened for you in a very long time (if it at all), so hopefully it will continue!

Happy Anniversary @dogwheels (OMG, you have a face! And a pretty one!) :)

I have to run and have a killer headache today, but wanted to drop in and say good morning (to me, anyway) and good afternoon! ;-) xoxoxoxo
 
Aaaaagh @DogLoverx3 - I didn't know that the avatar changed on the forum while I was browsing photos.
That could have been extremely embarrassing. Every photo I have tried looks awful to me - I don't know which one you thought was OK, therefore decided to put this one on for today only. Gosh I wish it was 35 years ago.
Thanks for the Anniversary wishes.
X
 
@dogwheels you are so lovely!!! So nice to see who I'm talking to and what a lovely wedding pic. I'd die if I put mine on they're all platform and heels, kipper ties, long hair and omg flares! Eeeeeeek!

@DogLoverx3 only 20 mg of morphine today and paracetamol. Marvellous. Pain feels like it's easing along with all the head funk x z x z
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - ha ha ha what a vintage photo! Thought it would raise a smile. My husband still has an amazing head of hair - grey now and a little less 'exuberant' than in the photo, but still incredibly thick.
Doglover's post gave me a scare, there I was innocently playing with my avatar using a couple of selfies I tried to take this afternoon along with a photo a friend managed to take of me a short while ago that I discovered buried in an email. I thought I was doing this secretly in the comfort of my own home, but obviously not! I have been seen by Doglover! I thought I should 'come out' but each photo makes me look like somebody different ...... and now I don't know which one she thought was OK and therefore the one I should use tomorrow ........ What a dilemma!

Much more importantly, I am so pleased to hear that you are in less pain today and feel more 'with it'. You really deserve a run of pain free good health.

X
 
Hi Ann, I'm so pleased that things are beginning to improve for you, you've been through so much you deserve to improve quickly now. Keep taking things easy xx Lyn
 
I do sincerely hope that you have all had a really good day. The posts today seem to be bursting with positivity and it's lovely. Even mine!!! Amazing what sunshine does to the morale of us Brits!!! I'm only taking 20mg morphine tonight the same as this morning and seeing how I am tomorrow when I wake up. If I'm in bad pain then I'll up it by 10 mg if not same as today again ..... Lovely.
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo:puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom