Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@ nana moon. Glad to hear you had a great day. Good for you
Sleep well
 
I hope you've all has a wonderful day. Mine turned out lovely. I pottered around the house. Then my phone rang. My daughter saying mom it's a beautiful day, would you like to come to the park with me and the little one after she finishes school. I did not have to be asked twice. It was absolutely lovely. I walked about half a mile all told. I know it's not much to a lot of you but for me a was a major achievement. My knee did ache when I got Home. So I've elevated and iced it and took paracetamol. It feels fine now. I now know I can walk further. I did have my stick with me though. However, I'm sure I could've coped without it but I was worried about boisterous dogs and children. That made my decision to play it safe! A good job too it was packed x x x

I'm alone in the morning tomorrow too but I'm going to have a really easy day. I don't want to undo all this good now. Today has been great. Husband cooking me steak and chips while I'm resting and elevating it doesn't get much better than that....lovely x x xoxoxoxox x x

@dogwheels I absolutely love your picture. I don't know what you were worrying about you are lovely x x x x

Have a good evening/afternoon everyone catch you all later. Love Ann x x x xxxxoxoxoxoxox x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@dogwheels , that's the pic I saw yesterday! Thank you for the preview! :) I guess your secret identity is now blown to smithereens! Very nice picture!

I'm so glad you got out for a walk Nana Moon 27! How wonderful! Glad that a little ice and elevation when you got home helped!

It's a bright sunny day here, so might try taking the pups for a walk. I've given up on trying to figure out why my knee is always swollen and sore and am just going to try to do things that I want to instead of being afraid of it.

I hope everyone is having / has had a lovely day!
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I have given up about the pain in my kneecap now and like you I'm just getting on with it or at least trying. The funny part was after I walked for a bit my kneecap stopped hurting. The knee ached when I stopped in the park and stood up to return to her car. Then I returned home and when I walked up the stairs the kneecap twinged but I've iced and elevated and right now not feeling anything. I'll let you know later when I go down down for my dinner if it hurts. I have a feeling this walk has helped (I really hope so). How's your PT go? XoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoXoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo:puppysmooze:
 
Anne, you sound so much happier, you've obviously had such a lovely day, that is great news, well done for walking so far. I am so pleased for you. Hope you have a good night and sleep well? xx
 
I've woken back up at 2am. I'm not exactly in pain but I'm a bit uncomfortable with stiffness. I'm going to try and go back to sleep x x x x x
 
Well my knee is shouting at me today for exercising it yesterday. So today is a rest day. I don't know what it was last night but my mobile phone didn't stop. It's suddenly like people have remembered about me. Between text messages and whatsapp is nearly went round the twist! It was nice my people contacted me but I'm talking 10,30 at night! I suspect a wine bottle in amongst this somewhere!

I had to smile today. A young lady that I chat to on this site has changed her profile pic and she's standing next to a petting zoo sign. It reminded me of last year when I was out and about on holiday with my family and grandchildren. One of my teenage grandchildren said "ooh Nan stay right there we want to take your picture!" So, always being willing to go along with what the kids want, I stood and I posed and they took the pic but people around started laughing. I immediately checked my dress in case there was a problem. Looked at my shoes, you know all the stuff you do in a panic. And the laughter got worse. Anyway, it turned out the little rascals, the teenage grandchildren and my kids had taken a photo of me right underneath a sign that said £2.00 a ride....... We were at a zoo where an offer for children was that they could ride a pony for £2.00 I went bright red which is unusual but then I just howled with laughter but I was a bit embarrassed!! My husband couldn't breathe for laughing because of their cheek to their Nan. I forgave them, needless to say, it was just a teenage prank but I honestly think it was funny on hindsight.

I hope that everyone else is ok today and had a restful night. The pain in my knee is akin to toothache today.

Please have a great day today and I look forward to reading your posts later x x x x xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @dogwheels they certainly are a chip off the old block! But they are never intentionally offensive they just see the funny side of everything and don't miss a chance to have fun. I have always instilled in them work hard but always have time for some fun.

It's pure heaven without the stocking isn't it. Sheer bliss but like you say yes very chilly. I have to agree with what @Yorkshiregal54 says about her OA being upset with the cold, mine does the same and I kind of seize up. It's horrid.

I bet you were so glad to get yesterday over and done with but I do think you handled it ever so well. As for bills, well I'm right with you there. I just sent my cheque off for my yearly site rent with the new dictatorship in residence. It will be interesting to see what happens this year.

This site is playing up a bit today. Things either freeze or go slow or do not respond.

Please have a lovely day and I'll look out for your posts a little later. I have taken extra morphine this morning and I think I need to sleep it off a bit.

Love Ann x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I have a good day it seems the next day I rotten well pay for it! So far, my day has not been good I'm afraid the pain has overtaken me and given me the weeps. All I did today was loaded the dishwasher, made apple crumble and a banana strawberry loaf cake. I also pegged out a small amount of washing. I have rested up here to avoid the stairs. I'd upped my morphine this morning and took my paracetamol by the clock. I still blooming hurt, ouch! I've elevated and iced most of the day. I feel like I'm waiting for 9.30 so I can take my morphine and hope it works. I may take 10mg now to kick start it I'm beginning to get desperate with the pain now. Xxxxxx everyone please have a lovely evening and I look forward to seeing what you've all been up to today x x x x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry @nana moon ! Quite the lousy turn of events for sure! It does certainly seem that the good days are often followed by some not so good ones. Definitely not fun and I can understand it driving you to tears. I would be inclined to take those meds early....no since prolonging your pain if there is a reasonable way to ease it.
Your afternoon of baking sounds delicious. About the only thing I've made lately is my favorite 4 ingredient recipe for peanut butter fudge. From scratch in pan and cooling in under 15 minutes! Sugar, cream, vanilla & PB. It always satisfies my sweet tooth with so little effort!
I do hope you are able to rest well tonight. I will cross everything crossable for you!
Hugs
Caryn

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 ... It seems that at 8 to 10 weeks a lot of us get fed up with recovery mode and go through periods of doing a titch too much and then we pay for it.... but unlike puppies that just sleep more & lounge around to recover from over-active days we listen to our stupid brain telling us "I'll just do this & take care of that and then I'll just deal with those" and next thing we know we've done too much again! :headbang:.... Not to say your brain is stupid but mine is because I've been there and done that! :SUNsmile:
Cheers, Al
 
@glazed151 I took 10 mg as a top up it seems to be helping now. Thanks for your kindness. I hope you get a good sleep tonight.

@saltyal your wise words make sense but I am nine weeks in and the little bit I have done today surely wouldn't have worsened it. I got up like it this morning, I didn't realise until I physically got out of bed x
 
Oh @Chihuahuan it sometimes feels like it's never ending. There is always something. Xxx enjoy your food and nice vino mmmmmmm forgotten what it's like! Xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, seems like you had one of those up and down days. I still have them at this point in my healing. had to take my younger son for an appointment today in the city.. Ugh.. the traffic.. and with that building, I think it collapsing caused folks to veer to the west side of town. Almost was going to have my son take the wheel coming back to second appt. as that stop and go still does wear and tear on the knee even at this stage. I must have felt for you because I started getting a migraine and all I could do was to get home eat something and relax. It's about your bedtime now so hope you get some good sleep. We are supposed to get some snow again tomorrow. Could that be?? Well we will see what the amount if any will be. It is in the midwest now. Hope you have a really good day tomorrow. Sleep well. :yawn: :sleep: :zzz:
 
Oh @chestnc what a day you have had. You seemed to have coped well with though. Yes I saw the news tonight about that building. They are saying it was caused by an explosion over here on our news channels x. X I am getting sleepy now. Meds are kicking in nicely now thank you and I finally have started to get comfy at last. Night night Christine. Bless you x x x Ps, we have had no snow this winter, just torrential flooding and loads of rain.
 
Today I'm am trying something different. Instead of doing my morning exercises and shovelling meds down my neck and lying there feeling sorry for myself, I've tried a different tack! I have replaced the morning exercises with my light housework. I've loaded the dishwasher (bends & weight bearing), I vacuumed (pushing and quads) and mopped the floors using antibacterial spray instead of a mop bucket with water (that cuts the heavy heavy weight bearing). I have taken my meds with my breakfast, which for once I ate downstairs. I'm trying to avoid the stairs as much as possible still. I figured that if I am In pain when I rest and elevate and it's not doing any good then I need to try something else. This is sheer desperation. I think I'm going to end up seeing my GP again if this does not improve within the next week. I am on slightly higher level morphine again because of the pain. Something is not right. I think I may need more PT you only get 4 x1hr sessions here as part of your treatment. It is not enough really.

I hope that everyone has had a good restful night or al least naps of several hours cos that helps. @glazed151 I& @DogLoverx3 I hope that you managed to get some sleep too. Glazed I saw you said that you have sleet over there and if they've closed the school it must be so bad. I hope your day goes ok. I bet your daughter will enjoy not having to do lessons today whoopee!!!! X x x x

Catch you all later love Ann x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 - oh dear, I feel so sorry for you and can really understand your current thinking that you will try ANYTHING to make things better. However, without wishing to sound like the voice of doom, I don't know that doing all those things are such a good idea. However, you've done them now and the proof of the pudding, as we say ...Dishwasher loading/unloading should be OK and I think only doing stairs when necessary is sensible. But hoovering and mopping? I think that would aggravate quite a bit. Anyways - I really hope that once your leg is iced and in the air, you will not feel any worse for your morning's labours.
I think you have a point about the physio - like I suggested to dogloverx3 perhaps you could get an independent assessment? Then it would not be about TKR recovery as such, but more honing in on the specific things that need work. As you seem to have a good relationship with your GP, perhaps it could be done through NHS? Always providing that you do not have to wait months to be seen.
However, before you go down the route of further physio, I was told that success with physio is quite dependent on you being on top of your pain - whether that means personal tolerance or medication. Pain needs to be under control to get the most out of exercising. This may be a bit chicken and egg in your circumstances, so going to GP first off and explaining everything to him, is probably a good idea.
Well I am about to wash my hair and get ready for physio this afternoon. It's so beautiful here that I am thinking of persuading my husband to take the scenic route home from Wimbledon (hospital) and cut through Richmond Park. Hopefully we will see some deer and trees in blossom - its a super place to have nearby.
I'll be thinking of you today - hope you feel better - and sending big hugs OOOXXX
X
 
My knee feels very tight and swollen but not too painful. I've just took my pain meds and settling down for the night now. I will know by the morning whether today has caused a problem or not. I have a colleague coming to visit me tomorrow morning. So that'll be interesting. Something different. I hope you all get plenty of good quality sleep. Dogwheels and Ellejay I'm so glad your physio sessions were good x x x

I will be around for a whole as I haven't yet read any posts and I will answer them shortly.

Love Ann x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom