Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I'm not in a great zone tonight as you'll see by my response to chihuahuan. Think i need to try sleep although I had two hours this afternoon x please sleep well everyone and I'll post in the morning. If I have the usual insomnia I'll be lurking around the site x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you are feeling better nana moon. The menopausal hot flashes are the worst..now I'm freezing all the time. I tried a benedryl last night along with melatonin and actually had the best sleep ever... Just a suggestion the melatonin seems to put me in a calm quiet state, unless it's all in my head and I'm believing what the bottle says....
It's just 6 pm here having some friends over they are bringing food...I hope I can stay awake past 9 otherwise I will be yawning in everyone's face...another fun Saturday night
Feel good everyone :)
 
I'm sorry you're feeling blue Nana Moon :-( I do agree with Chihuahuan though that ANY walk with the girls is too long at this point. I'm quite certain that you've been up and down the stairs many many times today as well. I try not to take more than 5 trips total in a day - not round trips, one way. I come down in the morning, stay down most of the day, maybe 1 trip up & down during the day and then 1 trip up at night. I dread having to make an extra trip upstairs if I forget something (like pants!)

I'm sorry about the hot flashes as well. I've heard that something called Black Kohosh is supposed to help. You certainly don't need anything else heaped on your plate right now, my friend. I hope that you are able to rest tonight and that tomorrow brings you a nice day! ((Hugs))
 
@Josephine do you have a suggestion for that horrible sensation when you kinda get a heartburn like reaction to plastic capsules that your meds come in. I've had to sit up because of the sensation. I have taken 3x10mg capsules Zomorph, 1 really large capsule of amoxicillin and they feel like they're going to make me sick, I have drunk loads of water Xxx I have taken an anti sickness tablet x x x

At the moment I am taking
2x30mg Zomorph per day
30mg prednisolone
4x2 paracetamol per day
1xmonteluekast tablet
3x500 mg Amoxicillin
2xpuffs Symbicort
Ventolin as necessary
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nana, do you have any plain crackers? No clue if they're called Saltines over there or not, but they are just very very bland. Also sipping either ginger ale or 7-up will help. I've also found that greek yogurt helps as well. No clue why - maybe it coats your tummy. Please feel better sweetie!
 
Thank you @DogLoverx3 and @susanne do your support. I'm doing nothing, I just don't feel well enough. I'm resting again tomorrow. Ive just tagged Josephine into my thread for some advice. My husband has gone down to do me some tea and toast to try get rid of the sensation from the tablets. It's really horrible they feel,stuck in the bottom of my throat but ice drunk loads of water so it can't be the case. X x x x x :puppysmooze:
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 I haven't any of those things in the cupboard we need shopping maybe he might take the girls tomorrow to get some with him x x. X
 
@Nana moon 27 I eat crackers or a biscuit before I take any meds. Yoghurt works also. For some reason ginger biscuits work well for me. Feel better…...:console2:
 
I love ginger biscuits @Chihuahuan I will get him to pick some up,when I send him shopping tomorrow x x x x x x thanks for the tip x x x x x
 
What's a ginger biscuit @Chihuahuan ? A ginger-snap cookie?

Ann, sweetie, please do not get mad at me but really?! You did 24 trips up and down the stairs today?! That's insane when your knee is hurting. I know you've got your grand daughters with you but switching floors 12 times?! :shocked: Pick a floor sweetie and stay there! :headbang:
 
@DogLoverx3 I know I have to stay up here realistically. My biggest problem is that my room is not all that big, this house is a traditional style 3bed semi, so they're not huge. I get the urge to go downstairs where it is a lot more spacious and while this weather is good walk around my garden or sit in the kitchen looking at it. The bugbear with this is the toilet is upstairs. I will just have to go stir crazy again until all of this settles. You are right x x x. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo x x x :puppysmooze:
 
Nana moon. My mom who is 98 always eats a piece of bread to get capsule down and taste away. I'm sure it's too late for you to try now but maybe store for the future although I hope you never get that feeling again
 
Insomnia...I could write a book...it's worse because I'm now taking steroids. Although i take them in the morning, they are in my system and I don't sleep. When I used to take them preoperatively, they'd keep me awake. I'm praying that tiredness will creep up on me soon x x x x at least I'm not in pain, the sweats have stopped and I'm no longer down x let's hope tomorrow is better. I've tried all the usual stuff like not napping in the afternoon it has no impact other than I'm grumpy.

I think that once I am off all meds esp. morphine, I'll be able to sleep. The pharmacist was amazed that the morphine doesn't make me sleep. I said that's because I've been on them so long and only very high doses do that to me. She said that only my doctor can give me something, if at all, to sleep. The morphine does affect my reactions, in particular hand/eye/brain coordination. However, if you look on my post a couple of posts back to Josephine, you'll see how much medication for different things I'm taking right now and understand my reluctance about adding anything else to this equation!!!

So it's now 4.05 am over here in the UK and I think I'm going to try to rest. Goodnight and God bless everyone x x x
 
@susanne, there is something to be said for that remedy. My husband fetched me tea and a slice of toast and after about half hour it eased off. I'm going to try and reschedule the timings of my meds, so that there is some sort of gap between all these capsules. I have to remember now to just eat every time I swallow any plastic capsules. Trouble is when you're not hungry when they're due, you have to force food down. I have lots of suggestions tonight off people so I'm sending my husband shopping tomorrow x x x
 
@DogLoverx3 Yes--a ginger-snap cookie! I'm bilingual in American and British English …….:heehee:
Off to bed--this time change is a killer! Does the UK change time this weekend also?
 
Oh darling. WAYYYYYY too much. Your body is screaming at you. YOU HAVE to listen. If it means a few days of nothing. That's what it means. I moved my bed (well hubs did) to our own living room. Yes our home is crowded.....but to do THAT many stairs...is OVERLOAD. I still use a commode in the middle of the night as the bathroom is a long ways away and I am not taking chances.
I am being real with you, because I care. Why were you doing exercises when you were in that much pain? Get those cotton pjs off that are sticking to you! Amd as for your friend calling you.......THIS is where you put YOU FIRST. There is nothing wrong for putting you first and taking care of you. OH how I have become so much stronger in this . Think about the friends that have been there for you through this. THOSE are the friends that are true. Focus on putting your time and investment on those people that bring you UP...not down.

Take this time for you. You have to heal my dear. Running around....up and down stairs...worrying about everyone else......no wonder you aren't sleeping and not feeling well.

SO I challenge you today. What are you doing for YOU today?

:console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2::console2:
 
Hi @Karringtyn it looks like solitary confinement lol x x x my house is not big enough to accommodate a bed downstairs at all!!! So I think me and my granddaughters will be up here playing cards or a board game or something. I have restarted my tapestry and been knitting some squares for my sis in law but I'm bored to death with that now.

I have got the patience of nothing and the concentration span of a gnat and I cry with frustration at the situation I'm in. I've gone from being a greyhound to a tortoise. That is the worst! I've always been such a happy go lucky, positive, active, cheeky but polite hardworking workaholic. I'm reduced now to a self centred miserable old bat and I don't like me much right now. This is not me. I have to keep putting this constant front on because it's what is expected of me. I cannot give in to this feeling, I recognise that it is not a healthy one to cave into. I know once I'm off everything, I'm pretty sure I'll go back to my old self. I have to because of the very nature of my work. I could not do my job in my current state, no way! My boss has told my colleagues how much she misses me being around because I used to make her laugh and my 16-18 yr old students are nagging her as to when I am returning. They gave me a lovely send off and I will out the pics of what they did on here in a little while. Take care and I'll chat to you soon x x x x
 
Oh @Nana moon 27 I feel for you I am a poor sleeper at the best of times but that's with been a night worker for years - but with our knees and your other problems !!! I bought a commode for our bedroom ( not like work ones but a posh one !!)off eBay a new one !!! Went all way to lincoln from harrogate for it - and I wouldn't be without it !! My knee played up last night and is now . My own fault my friend from away visited and we walked around otley (3 miles) approx up and down 20 steps !!!!! Rest day today I think . But when it's nice weather and we've had cabin fever it's so tempting you take care . Xxxx Sandra
 
HI @Nana moon 27 just read your thread what are you like doing those stairs so much,I know you get stir crazy but maybe just a couple of days complete rest will help.I took steriods for a long time and had to take a med to protect my stomach,maybe worth asking Doc just while your on so many meds.Please take care we all worry about you love Terri
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom