Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

the girls will love helping you out! sorry you're sick again. :( I hope you feel better very very soon xoxoxo
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 ........ what are you like? Another respi infection! All I can think of my love, is that you are really, really run down and this is affecting everything: your knee; your chest; your sleeping; your asthma and all the other bits that you have mentioned this week. Your whole body is crying out 'NOoooooooooo more!'.
As one who doesn't like taking too many pills, I also cant help but think that (even though you need help with the pain) it's not great to be taking so many that you rattle, either. I feel vile when I have to take medication for a length of time - so I really feel for you, especially with the morphine.
I have a really funny little GP from Sri Lanka - she's an absolute hoot. She said to me,( vis a vis my migraines plus the pain in my knee pre-op ) - that 'pain breeds pain', which makes sense and may have a bearing with you too. Basically, if you are hurting bad in one place - other bits may well come out in sympathy and hurt too. You then end up in one big ouchy mess, and get to the point where you are not sure exactly what is causing the main problem. At that point you need lots of rest to recover completely.
Many many years ago, the same sort of thing happened to my Dad. He had a very busy job and healthwise things kept going wrong. He started off with one illness which didn't respond quickly to treatment, then one after another more small illnesses kept piling up, and got worse, and then he wasn't sleeping cos he was worried about it. After putting up with it for a long while they finally took him into hospital for 3 days and basically knocked him out. He slept and slept and slept. His body was able to relax, recover and start repairing and it gave him the kick start he needed to get better.
The moral of this tale is that I think you need rest ..... proper rest and lots of it. Go upstairs and stay upstairs. Make yourself a nest - take your sleep whenever you can - and let your Granddaughters take care of you this weekend. Stop worrying about what you should be doing in terms of your recovery. You have got a good bend in your knee - and a few slides in the bed will keep that going. Concentrate now on healing the rest of you.
Your GP is right in that people recover at different rates and in different circumstances. Remember you had a chest infection in hospital immediately after your TKR - that was hardly the best start for you, now was it? I bet that your recovery from that was incomplete as you then had the trauma of your knee op and the huge toll that the healing from that takes. It has all taken so much out of you that you have overdrawn on all your resources and now need to do some topping up, as your body is protesting ...... loudly!

I do hope that after a restful weekend you will start to turn the corner. Not with your knee as I don't think you need that - but with your whole self.
We are all here for you ....... just wish you were only next door!

Much love
X
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 thank you I think they'll love to help.

They're not here yet but should be arriving anytime soon the younger one used to suffer terribly from trance epilepsy. It was horrible. The one day she as I our kitchen and she as walking towards the sink when she suddenly had one. The bowl dropped to the floor it smashed and the whole time she was staring into space. When she came out of it she was so shocked to see the bowl on the floor. She was completely unaware of it smashing on the stone tiles. She is under this hospital for this and they medicated her condition which caused quite a few problems initially. She has not had one of these happen now for over twelve months. Her life has changed immensely. She took up dancing a month ago. She is already going to be taking her bronze medal in a few weeks. She has got a main part in an after school drama group which includes a solo singing spot, so bring on the Andrex when I go see that!! She also has total body eczema but that seems to be under control. It was terrible when she was a baby, people used to stare at her because of her swollen, bright red cracked face. Now she has a beautiful complexion. The hospital have worked wonders with that too. Her brother and sister apart from having this inherited Asthma are as fit as fleas. It's like she caught all the bad stuff but she's so turned things around for herself.

@dogwheels your post makes total sense it really does x your dad sounds like I was preoperatively as well as now. This why my GP said what he did to me. I do go too far and work myself til I virtually drop. I've been like it with the exercises because I want to get back to normal. I genuinely never thought about the stairs. My mother dislikes my stairs with a passion!!!

I have managed to sleep for about 1and 1/2 hours. I'm very very tired still! It's lovely to know you all care so much and I thank you so much xoxoxoxxoxoxox:puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 you poor thing you must feel bad with throat and chest infections apart from the knee,do take care and get plenty of rest,stairs are a killer hope you fell much better very soon love Terri
 
Thank you so much @yiayia3. I'm going to do this properly now. I have to stop pushing myself it is doing me no good. Dogwheels post about her dad so applies to me it's scary but true x x o x x
 
Thanks for today. It was great getting the support. I've rested well. My granddaughters have out themselves to bed they're 13 &7 yrs old. They came into my room for a hug and kiss goodnight they've grown up,so quickly!

I'm better for resting have took all meds now and settled down for the night. I'm not tired because I had a really good quality sleep this afternoon!!! But never mind, better that than nothing.

I will look forward to reading your posts tomorrow and wish you all a lovely what's left of your day and a restful night US! And a restful goodnight over here to everyone!!!

Once again everyone, thank you, bless you x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will look forward to reading your posts tomorrow and wish you all a lovely what's left of your day and a restful night US! And a restful goodnight over here to everyone!!!
Once again everyone, thank you, bless you x x x x x

You are one heck of a sweet person and I'm glad we can all share our "knee" stories no matter where we come from!!
Sleep well Nana and I will also look forward to hearing what tomorrow brings from you as well!
 
Hi @Yorkshiregal54 sorry to hear you've had a ropey couple of days and nights. It is so horrid to feel that way. I glad you got your grandson staying. They are so cute at five with their little personalities and their own take on the world! I love it when they come out with their own little thoughts on life, it's so sweet and makes you laugh.

@suzzee2000 you are lovely yourself and everyone will be thinking about you on the tenth for your BKTR X X X X X

Please take care love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
I hope you're all doing ok. I don't know what happened last night but I slept for four solid hours woohoo!!!! The higher pain meds are working their magic and although I'm a bit achy I'm not in the excruciating pain I have been In. Throat feels like it's been mangled but I woke myself up snoring so that will not have helped one little bit x x x going to get up get some breakfast ready to take my steroids etc. People are going to hear me walking cos I'm
sure I'm going to start rattling when I walk with all these tablets lol xxxx

Everyone please have a great day and I look forward to reading your posts. Love Ann xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 that's great that you slept and the pain is not so bad but make sure you just rest. I had to get up early this morning workman coming at 9am not nice on a Saturday! My new bike came yesterday just doing 10 mins at the moment make sure I don't over do it but very pleased with it as I finish all physio next week.Take care Nana Moon and have a nice day everyone Terri
 
Do you know what? I love having these girls around. The elder one is just showering the younger one and washing her hair. Their clothes are laid out on the bed. The elder one has already tidied the room, and made their bed. We are hoping to take them out for the day tomorrow. Their mom and dad are due back Sunday night. It's so lovely having girly conversations and looking and realising just how much they've grown up. They are both so gorgeous and I Love them so very much x x x
 
Ann, You will find that after you start sleeping more than a couple of hours, your pain level will go down. But for now you must keep yourself out of pain as much as you can. Take care and its good to hear about the sleep. Tashia
 
Hi Ann! Yay for sleep! I fell asleep at 5 last night woke up at 9. Went to bed at 1 woke up at 4 to some neighbors in a drunken brawl....went back to sleep till 8. I think my day consists of the bed and Netflix :) I hope you enjoy your time with them! My babies are due back today......I just love their presence.
 
I slept well also! Now to get out of bed…….
@Nana moon 27 Hmmm--taking the girls out for the day -- is that wise after all the issues you are having? :umm:IMHO I think you should be really resting to get over your infection and letting the knee heal :friends:It takes a lot of persistence, and patience, to do that especially when you start feeling a little better.
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 , you are sounding so bright again it's lovely!!! Thanks for your response. Please have a fantastic day!!

Everyone else thank you for your kind responses. If I do take the girls out it will just be somewhere local and not too long. May be a nice park or something. I think you re all right in what you're saying about resting and not giving my chest and knee the chance to settle.

Chat later love from Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
@Nana moon 27 : If I do take the girls out it will just be somewhere local and not too long. :hairpulling::hissy::headbang:
Sorry friend :no-fin: but anywhere is too far and too long at this point--how will you ever heal? From the bottom of my heart I want you to heal and get well :yes!:
 
Oh @Chihuahuan I think you are right. I've come to bed in tears tonight not in pain with my knee but menopausal sweats from the top of my scalp to the tip of my toes, I've got the most awful headache and despite having such a lovely day with the girls I feel like the bottoms dropped outta my world for no apparent reason. So the girls are in bed. I've come up too. One of my friends rang tonight, she'd clearly been drinking and was on the phone for an hour. Normally I can cope with this but not tonight. However, I ummed and aahed in all the right places and got through it that way but I so didn't need it. I've put on 100% cotton pjs even they're sticking to me. I'm lying n top of the bed. I'm going to do some heels slides, leg raises and the towel under the back of the knee thing on the bed now. I've got my ice and my meds to hand. I just don't know why I'm like this unless it's hormonal. I hope that you are okay? and I do appreciate the advice you give me. Thank you Xxxx:angel:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom