Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

oh nooooooo. I am sorry you are feeling so poorly! I hope you are sleeping soundly now and are able to truly rest and not toss and turn...:sleep:
 
Guess what @Karringtyn..two flipping hours that's it. I'm sooooo tired but I'm uncomfortable. I reduced the morphine I don't think I took enough. And to cap it all I got indigestion...great x x x
 
Ah, @Nana moon 27 I can so relate to your sleep issues. I'm at the point I'm almost afraid to try going to bed at night. I sleep about two or three hours then just toss, flip, turn, and flop until I get up in the morning - I feel like I stare at the clock all night long. Tonight, I'm just staying up a couple hours later, hopefully that'll make me more tired so I sleep better when I actually lay down.
 
Hi @Bluetechseeker oh this sleep issue is a real pain!!! It's driving me crazy. I do hope you can sleep tonight. My other prob too is the menopausal sweats, they're dreadful. Never mind. Here's wishing you a restful night! Xox
 
@Nana moon 27 so sorry your in so much pain again, good idea to see the doc again not being able to seep must make it worse.I took a nytol last night and slept a bit better maybe worth a try? @glazed151 your doing very well well done,think hubby has your flu coughing and aching this morning
 
Thanks @yiayia3 it's no better. I've just woken up and I don't even want to get up cos it hurts. I will phone docs x x x x x I'll ask about Nytol see if it can be taken with morphine. I'm getting pretty desperate now. Enough is enough x x x I'm already in tears x I've so had enough now. thanks for that suggestion yiayia I will look into it x x x
 
I have a doctors appointment at 2.40 this afternoon. I'm not posting much now because it'll just be a whole load of self pitying moaning. All I'll say is that I am at breaking point with the pain and lack of sleep. I've just taken a high dose of morphine and an anti sickness tablet to get me through until this afternoon.

I really hope that everybody else is ok and had at least a reasonable night. Please have a great day my friends I don't know where I'd be with out you, truly x x x xoxoxox x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So so sorry that you are feeling rough still, and really hope that your doctor can sort things out for you. You will be in everyone's thoughts today - rest up until this afternoon, and let us know how you get on.
Lots of love and hugs winging their way up the country to you .....
X
 
Hi - yeah I am OK. Had a hefty session at physio yesterday which as usual has left me a bit achy - but really pleased how it went (put the details in my own thread). Daughter came round last night and we had Chinese takeaway. So long since we had it that I forgot that it usually gives me a bad head, so just checking my email before taking a migraine tablet. They normally knock me out for a couple of hours - in fact just what you could do with, you poor thing.
Hope you get some answers and some help today.
X
 
Hi @dogwheels think you're right. I could do with some. The morphs kicking in now so at least I can cope with the pain x hope doc can help me x x x
 
I'm not posting much now because it'll just be a whole load of self pitying moaning. All I'll say is that I am at breaking pint with the pain and lack of sleep.

awwwwwwwww @Nana moon 27 I hate to hear that friend!!! I pray when you get to the Doctor he can help you adjust what you need so you don't have to suffer like this!!! Please keep us posted and if you have to moan....go ahead!! We all understand and will be here through the good and the bad!!!! FEEL BETTER!!!!:console2:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I'm really sorry to hear that you are still in such pain, I do hope and pray that the doctor will be able to help you this afternoon. Please don't give up posting, we're here for you in good times and bad, in fact it's in the bad times you need everyone more. We all understand and want to support you. You've done so much to cheer us up over the last few weeks, it's our turn now. Do let us know what the doctor said. Lots of hugs,
Lyn xxxx
 
I'm so sorry my friend :console2: I wish I could make it all better for you, but I can't. I know that the lack of sleep just makes everything worse. I haven't been sleeping either and it affects everything. The only good thing is that I finally got Netflix to work on my laptop so caught up on many many episodes of House of Cards last night. ;-)

I do hope your GP pulls his head out of his butt and helps to figure this out. Does he/she not wonder that since you've been on morphine for 7+ months that a) you may have built up a tollerance to it and b) the side effects caused by it are far worse than switching you to something else?

You're due for a run of good luck sweetie. Please let us know how your visit goes. Is it possible for you to get in to see your OS again? I'm concerned that your pain is still so bad after 8 weeks and just seems to be getting worse. :-( xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 
I love you all so very much you girls are just the greatest:flwrysmile::angel:Thank you so much for your kind words and caring ways. You are amazing honestly.

Ok I went to see my GP. He's told me to stay on this dose of morphine because it has worked. He said to reduce it again as the pain eases. It's not quite as high as I was on in hospital. He examined my knee I wore a long skirt and insisted he looked at my knee whilst I stood, so he could see precisely where the swelling was and how it looks when I stand. I was able to pinpoint more accurately where the pain was. He thinks the stairs are to blame not just from my mishap but going up and down too many times which is exactly what my husband said to me, only the other day! He questioned me about exercise what was I doing etc and said that with the stairs I am doing way too much!!! He said I have to relax about my recovery, not compare myself with others and recover in my own time at my own rate! He said I push myself way too hard like I do in general when I am at work. We had several heated discussions before my surgery where he wanted to sign me off work and I refused. So he knows what I am like. I have yet another throat and chest infection. I have antibiotics and steroids. The steroids will take care of my not sleeping even more!!!! Still it's only for a well I'll survive I guess.

Thank you so much for your concern everyone. It's so lovely to have friends like yourselves. Please take care I am ok now the pain is under control and I can think kind of straight. Chat later x x x x x x x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you had a good visit. Those upper respiratory things are so hard to get rid of!!!
Any chance you can "live" downstairs for a while or is the loo upstairs? I've given myself a day's bed rest to get my knee calmed down --as you know it gets quite boring when you are an active in-control kind of person. Take care….:puppysmooze:
 
Oh @Chihuahuan you hit the nail right on the head there about active and in control. I can't live downstairs the loo is upstairs. It just means I'll have to try and stay up longer I. The day and perhaps comedown in the evening until this settles. I will try the rest of the day/evening resting. I'm expecting g my granddaughter to stay for the weekend tonight but they're old enough to help out so not a problem. They'll hang out up here with me probably anyway xox
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom