Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. You were looking forward to having him and got yourself psyched up ready ahhh xxxxx
 
It's really aching now so that tells me maybe I'm not taking enough x
You said it!
All I did yesterday morning was go to brothers, 20 mins round shop
"all"? That rather depends where your brother is and how you got there! Plus there really is no place you 'ought' to be right now. It's up to you. Just remember the mantra

- if it hurts, don't do it
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
 
Thank you @Josephine :angel: X x x x I'm struggling right now not helped by an unexpected period after twelve months! Thanks again for your support x x c my husband drove me to my brothers as I still can't drive x
 
Oh no poor you NanaMoon no wonder you feel so low, I also had a hysterectomy 30 years ago so not a problem, your body takes such a bashing from the tkr so could well be that, hope your taking it easy today,Ellejay shame your not having your grandson but good for you d.I.l, will try walking up the wall Terri
 
just stood up to go to bed and the pain above the centre of my knee and across my knee was so bad it brought tears to my eyes. Just took 40mg Zomorph due to take paracetamol at 11 pm x. X
Oh Nana moon....So so sorry you are still in this kind of pain.....why don't you just take it easy for a couple of days as in....do absolutely nothing except rest....



Make sure you have a few 'treats' this week. Would really recommend having your hair done to make you feel good, plus a really good pedicure. Not only will your feet be the one bit of your leg area that will look decent after the op, but also you will find it difficult for a while to reach your toes!

That is awesome.....because both are on my list for this week!! The only thing with the pedicure is that I am not allowed to have any nail polish on my toes or fingers when going in for surgery..so I figured I would just have a nice pedicure and have my daughter paint my toes when I get home from the hospital! THANKS for thinking of me....one more week to go!!!
 
Glad you're enjoying your visitors and the banana bread turned out well @Chihuahuan ! I am forever moving my leg back and forth when I sit in my office chair @Nana moon 27 - I can get a good stretch on it since the chair is on wheels (i also have a rocking chair upstairs that I use). I also usually do some heel slides in bed before even attempting to get up.

As for the 'lady talk' on here .......... no wonder no men post! :heehee: From Mars Bars to Panty Liners ..... :heehee:
 
That explains why I went to bed with a Cadburys flake yesterday all miserable lol. By the way I managed to do the legs up the wall thing not as good as Ellejay but gosh ok I was a more of an angle but it helped. Glad I tried it!
@DogLoverx3 (my special friend) omg I howled with laughter at your post you are so naughty funny! Btw heel slides work wonders!!! Any way you're not a horrible friend you are just busy getting on with your life at least you have plenty to post!!! I love it x x x x
@Chihuahuan I'm glad the visit from your cousins went well. Nice they got up early like that. Shows they care which is nice!!!
It's just so nice being able to chat on here bit gets a bit isolated here at times. Any way my granddaughter has come here straight from school so I need to catch up with her now and see what's happening in her life. We are very close and have lovely girlie chats!! Xxxx catch you all later x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had a nice evening with my grand daughter. We walked round the corner to the fish and chip shop but as usual, I sat down with the food in front of me (mini fish & chips), I ate the fish, about five or six chips and that was my lot! I couldn't face anymore! This is not normal for me but since my op this is what happens!!! My portion size of food is half what I used to eat but tbh I'm not all that active so I don't need all those extra calories. This may well be my body sorting itself out. She was impressed with the fact I was able to walk as well as I did. I had the urge that my knee needed some gentle exercise and I thought a slow walk round the corner would help and it did ! My daughter came with the younger granddaughter and we had a nice evening.

Anyway my husbands best friend just turned up and had bought me a very large bar of Toblerone. I thanked him and left it downstairs for tomorrow if I fancy it. I've come up took my pain meds, and I'm icing and elevating.

The tip off @Ellejay worked well! Putting my legs up the wall worked ever so well. I lay on my husbands bed while he was out, and managed to get my legs up the wall. Not as good as Ellejay, as mine were at more of an angle but I was pain free while I was in that position and the swelling went down a lot. I relaxed that much I nearly fell asleep! I will do this again tomorrow.

Anyway I wish everyone a peaceful, sleepy, restful night. Goodnight all!!! Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Ann, I'm so pleased you got a little comfort from my tip, I've been feeling so bad for you, reading of your continuing pain, so even if I helped a tiny bit, I'm delighted. When you try again, try to get you backside right up against the wall before you raise your legs, 'cos once they're up there you can't move any closer, as you probably discovered.
My appetite has also decreased, luckily it has really as my husband serves up much smaller (more sensible) portions than I do. The plus side of this is that I have lost weight, even though I've sat around for seven weeks, and eaten more than my fair share of chocolate. So that's good then :dancy:.
I do hope everyone gets a good nights sleep, xx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you are feeling better at this time and the knee is behaving. I thought I was having sympathy pain for you today as my knee was kicking it all day today. Not certain what was going on. I do feel better this evening. Hope you have a good night sleep without interruption.:yawn::sleep::zzz:.....
 
Good morning everyone. Well I'm pleased to say I'm feeling a bit better with my knee today. I managed a couple of two hour catnaps for which I'm grateful. I hope you all managed to get some form of sleep too!

I've no plans today but the weather looks nice so I may suggest to my husband that maybe we could go for a gentle stroll somewhere x x x x x

I would love to hear what everyone else is up to today!

@DogLoverx3 I hope you can take it easy a bit today If possible. You deserve a well earned rest, you do so much!!!

@glazed151 enjoy your hydrotherapy today I. That warm pool...it sounds so inviting!

Catch you all later love Ann x x x xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well today I had no plans. My husband took me to a garden centre which was lovely and we had a cream tea which I struggled with to finish. I ended up leaving some of it. We bought a couple of plants and bumped In to my parents, who were highly delighted to see me. We had a nice chat, I had to tell mom straight that the jumper/jacket was awful on her that she was in the process of trying on!!! She was about to pay a lot of money for something that was clearly substandard. I pointed out the problem about out this on one on the rail and i found one in my size, put it on and she visibly cringed! Needless to say she did not buy it thank goodness!!! My husband bought me a lovely coat reduced from £80.00 to £32.00 an absolute bargain and it looks lovely x x x x

I'm now on my bed elevating and icing x x x x I'm absolutely worn out!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you. Retail therapy always makes my day better! Ha ha! Off to the pool now - will probably be comatose until mid evening!
X
 
HI Nana moon always nice to have something new always cheers me up.I have been resting today have my O.S appointment this evening not looking forward to it,than going to my sons for d.I.l.birthday speak later x
 
Mmmmm Garden Centre cream teas --yummy….my appetite came back with a vengeance after getting off the narcotics and I'm not ready to get on the scales. :yikes: I know I lost weight when I had no appetite but I've eaten enough chocolate recently to compensate for that……
Nothing planned for today so may go to the pool to walk in the current channel:umm:
Hope everyone has a lovely day and that knees are not too ouchy :whistle:
 
Mmmmmm, cream tea AND a new coat, a perfect outing. I love a bargain! Have a good evening xx
 
I hope you all slept well. I woke up in pain but dealt with it. Seem to be ok now. I hope you all,have a good day and good luck with anything medical today. Will post later. Again today has to be a potter about the place and then rest day. My knee objected to my gardening although I didn't dig or anything. I pulled weeds and planted a beautiful window box etc. But object it did!!! Starting to get used to it now, it's like a spoilt child, so I'm trying to ignore it ha ha lol x x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mana moon 27, Remember its still very young and still having some fears about its new life. But all will be ok. Remember go slow you have a new one on board. Take care. Tashia
 
Not much from me tonight I'm afraid. The pain is that bad I cried because I was late taking my meds. I got engrossed watching tv downstairs. It was a documentary about the winter storms we've half this winter in the UK. The poor people In the south of the country I could cry for them, I don't know how they've coped honestly. They've had it sooooo bad! Some have lost everything,young families lost their homes, farmers their land livestock etc. It's awful.

I'm in bed just took my meds but I'm in a lot of pain. I will check in later x x x x x if not tomorrow. Sleep well everyone x x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @DogLoverx3 I just feel like I've took ten steps back. It hurt to go up the stairs, it hurt to get undressed, it hurt to elevate my leg but the ice is so soothing it! I even have pain down into my ankle. If it's no good tomorrow, I'll have to go see my GP but I don't really know what he can do even?

How has your day been today? I hope to goodness you can get some sleep too tonight.... I can't remember if I asked you if you found a suitable property to live in yet? If so what is it like?

Look forward to your reply love Ann x x x xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo x x x x x :puppysmooze:
 
Back
Top Bottom