Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Nana moon 27 sorry to hear your in pain again its not fair is it,you may be right about the stairs I have been able to go up like a big girl no problem not hurting at all but then had a lot of pain walking for a few days so who knows! We have a busy day today grandsons are coming for the day and cousin this afternoon,will rest a lot tomorrow as o.s appointment on Tuesday hope I don,t get a date yet for the other knee I need the summer first to get over this one .Take care Terri
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 @dogwheels

I think I've overdone it. I'm hurting. I'm sick and tired of my being this miserable moaning old bat!!! That how I feel. All I did was a bit of washing up, tidied round the kitchen a bit, made a homemade Yorkshire pudding batter, put on the meat and then my husband took me to visit my brother and then we went to the local store for about twenty minutes. My knee is all but screaming at me and it gave way under me for the first time ever I think that may have been more to do with the pain than anything else. Gosh I'm so fed up so I've gone to bed with a Cadburys flake!!! X x x. X

Dogwheels have a lovely time at your moms you will be sooo popular some of the older people will love a good operation story. Tbh I think it's just nice for them to have someone else to talk to, some get so lonely and loneliness is the worst thing ever x x x
 
My knee is all but screaming at me and it gave way under me for the first time ever
Just rest..rest..rest.....your knee today! Don't get discouraged just remember to be careful and take it a little more easy. Sorry you've had such a rotten day!! Hope it ends up better than it started!~!!
 
Hi @Josephine. I need your advice again please. My kneecap feels really stiff and tight, the swelling at the back of my knee is awful. I've Been doing the mantra all afternoon and evening but I've had to get up and move around because when I don't the kneecap and knee feels like it isn't going to move! This may be me being over anxious! It gave way on me earlier but that is because the pain shot through. I overdid things a little this morning not excessively but a bit. Xxxx
 
Hi @Josephine I take Zomorph morning and night 12 hours apart. I reduced the dose back down this morning from 40 mg to 20mg. Will take 30mg tonight. This is propped up with 4x2x500 mg paracetamol a day. I'm confused as to how much elevation and rest I should do and movement. I'm a bit messed up with the meds too as I'm supposed to be reducing but taking more if I need it. It's really aching now so that tells me maybe I'm not taking enough x

Edited update. I just stood up to go to bed and the pain above the centre of my knee and across my knee was so bad it brought tears to my eyes. Just took 40mg Zomorph due to take paracetamol at 11 pm x. X

Hi @Josephine pain relief is working but I need advice re what I should or shouldn't be doing. All I did yesterday morning was go to brothers, 20 mins round shop, bit of washing up that was it. I'm so confused what I should or not be doing I need your advice please x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nana moon....be sure you are taking your pain meds on a regular schedule. It's much more difficult to manage pain when you're cutting back then adding more and changing things around. It does not sound like it's time for you to be cutting back...who told you to do that? If it was your doctor, firmly explain your pain to him/her. If it was anyone else....just ignore them. Many, many people take pain meds for months following a TKR. The important thing is to be able to manage your pain properly. And second most important is to watch that overdoing it like you did. It mayl take several days or maybe even a week of pampering (ice, elevation, rest, meds) to get back to where you were. Patience.....you'll get there!
 
hi all trying to balance rest with movement. I'm terribly confused on how much to do and what. Josephine said stretches but I have to walk around because it feels like it's going to seize up if I don't x x x

Well what a shock I just had. Got into shower, felt quite rubbishy again today mentally, a bit tearful, got out to find I'm having a period!!! What!!!! I haven't had one for over twelve months!!!!! Totally unexpected. Worse still I'd had the pains yesterday and mistook them for stomach cramps!!!!! X x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Did you take any pain pills? If so, what?
Hi @Josephine

I take Zomorph morning and night 12 hours apart. I reduced the dose back down this morning from 40 mg to 20mg. Will take 30mg tonight. This is propped up with 4x2x500 mg paracetamol a day. I'm confused as to how much elevation and rest I should do and movement. I'm a bit messed up with the meds too as I'm supposed to be reducing but taking more if I need it. It's really aching now so that tells me maybe I'm not taking enough x

Edited update. I just stood up to go to bed and the pain above the centre of my knee and across my knee was so bad it brought tears to my eyes. Just took 40mg Zomorph due to take paracetamol at 11 pm x. X

The pain relief is working today but I need advice re what I should or shouldn't be doing. All I did yesterday morning was go to brothers, 20 mins round shop, bit of washing up that was it. I'm so confused what I should or not be doing I need your advice please x x x
 
Oh dear - I had had hysterectomy over 10 yrs ago so no more for me @Nana moon 27 . That's my problem as well - how much is enough and too much , I'm getting more confident with my walking but my other half says I'm limping !!but I don't feel I am ?? If I get any discomfort other than stiffness it's on the medial ( inner) side of my knee . I'm also up and down with the tears but it helps to know your normal TC all xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Yorkshiregal54 I am awaiting a reply from Josephine regarding this. When she replies I'll let you know x x x my husband says I limp but my daughters say I don't!!! Nightmare!!! The only time I limp is If I try to hurry !!! So obviously I'm trying to keep up with him or try and walk at a more normal pace. He finds to frustrating having to walk slow! My confidence is getting quite good too. I'm still not driving though because of the morphine x x x

Anyway post you later x x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 - what a surprise this morning for you! Given you are young and have only been curse free for 12 months it's probably quite normal. Same thing happened to me 24+months after I had stopped. I was cross and thought it was a hormonal blip, mentioned it in passing as I was visiting Drs anyway (about my knee - there's a surprise) and all hell was let loose! I was fast tracked through every prodding/poking/instrusive examination at the hospital possible, ending up with a D and C. The speed with which I was dealt with was quite scary as they thought it may be something bad. A while ago I happened to mention it to my GP friend who specialised in Obs and Gynae. She said they were right to check - but it was quite common and just as I thought .......... a hormonal blip!

PS - Perhaps the TKR triggered it? Stranger things have happened.
X
 
Hi @dogwheels That does not surprise me but it is better to be checked than not after that length of time. It was a total unexpected shock. Maybe it might help me. Who knows? I'm pretty sure that this is like you say a hormonal blip! Thank god I'd got panty liners in the cupboard there's no way my husband would go and but sanitary towels!!!! He'd rather die first!! Seriously! Xxx my mom went through and out the other side (her words) of the menopause by age 50! It does explain the emotional thing I've had in me the last day or two and the feeling of fatigue. Anyway thank for your reply love Ann x x. X
 
Yep it would explain why you were feeling so down. I went through the whole shebang and the hot flushes while we were in the Middle East (hotter than hot flushes!) I'll give the final word to my Mum who said simply:
'Darling, I didn't have time for a menopause'!
Take care XXXXX
 
Oh Anne, no need to apologise, I was really grateful for the ideas, sometimes it's easy to ignore/ forget the obvious.
I've spent the morning doing my own PT, finishing up on the bike. My knee is complaining a bit, but I'm now doing my usual - I'm on the bed, with both legs up the wall, with my cryo cuff strapped onto my knee, cooling it down. I know you said you couldn't do it, but it really is easy, and SO comfortable, and it reduces swelling very quickly. I'll get my husband to take a photo to show you what I mean. I do recommend it. Lyn xx
 
Yes @Ellejay that would be great I would like to try it. The bed in the other room is against a wall so would be ideal. Thank you x x x x
 
I don't know what happened there, when I logged in just now all the recent posts hadn't loaded, so my message seems a bit odd in the middle of the current conversation.
Poor you, what a surprise. I also had a hysterectomy, years ago now, I was only in my 30s, so no chance of it happening to me.
We've just had a phone call from my son with mixed news - I'm no longer having my grandson as my DiL doesn't need theoperation. I'm pleased for her obviously, but I was looking forward to having him here.
 
Legs up the wall - believe it or not, really comfortable. Good luck xx

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom