Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Nana moon 27 that's something! Severe muscle fatigue! You must be working yourself too hard....Take a break and take care of you!!! FEEL BETTER SOON!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @suzzee2000 it's lovely to hear from you. How are you keeping? I've napped but now I'm awake. I need to get more ice now and elevate this wonderful knee!!!!

The morphine has relieved the pain immensely thank goodness. So although I'm awake I'm still drowsy x x

It is good you are getting familiar with this site. It has been my lifeline since I had my op for advice and guidance! Make sure you do plenty of strengthening and stretching exercises and make sure your quads are good and strong. This will definitely help you. We will all be here for you when you have it done. Good luck and stay in touch whenever you want x x x x x x x x x

@chestnc it's amazing what overdoing it does. It's not worth it. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27, I know exactly what you mean about overdoing it. My body usually tells me when to stop since I have RA as well as the RTKR, and have recently gone back to work, I don't do a whole lot of activities yet as I am tired just with working. When I was home recouping, I would nap everyday. And once I went to PT 3 times a week. Once I got home and had lunch I was whipped and would go right to sleep. So get and take as much rest as you need and can take whenever you can. It is all part of the healing process.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@suzzee2000 I wish I could have done more in the way of exercise before the op because it does appear to make a difference. One lady I am in contact with did yoga, she us now able to put her legs up the wall to reduce swelling! Her recovery is far better than mine!!! I think this proves the point about exercise. I couldn't do anything prior to my op other than go to work!!!!
 
I couldn't do anything prior to my op other than go to work!!!!
Wow that's great for her!!! I believe the exercise is key too and I wish I could do more but I haven't been able to except upper body strengthening! Everything else is out...
 
Really bad night but I napped, I posted, I limericked, I played games on iPad until my eyes hurt. I'm tired out and hoping to drop back off. I've iced and elevated as best I can throughout the night. It feels ok but stiff as usual but I haven't been on my feet yet so that'll be the acid test. Will post in a bit later love to you all Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 I thank you for your kind comment, though I think you give me too much credit. I am so sorry you had a bad night. Oh man... things have to get better for you. But the thing to remember is that everyone heals and recovers in their own time differently and in due time I believe you will be fine. I hope when you get up you will feel a little better. Little by little, day by day..
 
The before pic is that what is known as hyper mobility?
Or, in other words, tendinitis!

Sorry I've not replied earlier, I was working all day yesterday.


Nanna, can you tell me the exact site of your pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Hi @Josephine the pain is not so bad today cos of rest and mantra but when painkillers begin to wear off ouch! The physio reckoned muscle fatigue. I realised I tried to walk upstairs normally the other day. My operated knee got to the point of no return at the bend with all my weight on it and the pain omg was awful so I skipped back on to my non op leg!

The pain is located on your chart as BRF1 & BRF2. Thank you ever so much. I do appreciate this! Love Ann x
 
Hi @Josephine, yes and right across the front area above the knee cap like a tight band x I just read the attached files it sounds like my pain x thank you fir the advice Josephine I do appreciate how busy you are x x x:angel:
 
Hiya Nana Moon! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today. I've been out driving around in the rain, so nothing exciting to report on my end. @Josephine , I think Nana's pain goes from BRF1 horizontally across the top of the knee to BRF2, so would that still be the ITB?
 
@kneeper is right, Nana :sad: although some are lucky and manage to sail through this recovery, by and large, most have challenges both big and small. Some are better at hiding them or not letting them get the best of them, but a lot of us feel overwhelmed and defeated. It's such a big adjustment having to learn to walk again, having to learn to walk with robot parts, learning new limitations, the set backs, the triumphs, the not knowing what each day will bring. All we can do is to do our best. No one but us knows what that is. I promise that things will get better my friend. One of these days we'll look back and laugh. I hope :whistle:
 
Hi all. Yaay I got a few longer naps in the night. I'm very tired still. Knee still aching but I think now maybe we're going onwards and upwards again. This worst part is the stiffness! The pain and stiffness now is more across the knee cap so this'll be another day of the mantra.

Going out for dinner last night, although I wasn't comfy, did help mentally but I was so relieved when I got home. I've no plans for today so gentle pottering about the house will be the other order of the day besides the mantra!!!!

Please everybody be careful with the stairs, take your time they'll always be there! It's not worth this kind of pain I've had. Worse still the morphine that I'd cut right down on, I had to double to pain manage effectively x x x that was a big disappointment but it was necessary and as I said previously I'm not messing about any more laying the pain hero, it's not worth it.why suffer? I will take whatever meds as necessary to ensure I'm relatively pain free. My problem with the morphine is I've never liked the feeling of it right from September,, when it was first prescribed, due to my immunity to Tramadol, Co-codamol, Dihydrocodeine! I don't like the sensation in my head. On higher doses when I first came out if hospital I was on 90mg a day. It causes weird sleep. Like I'd close my eyes and people would be asking me questions and I HAD to answer them. Another time I sat watching water dripping through my kitchen ceiling. My eldest daughter asked what was I looking at and I told her. Her and her sister looked in shock at each other and said mom is there water on the floor ? when I looked there wasn't obviously. They made me go bed and sleep it off. How anybody can enjoy taking this stuff is beyond me and this was why I tried begging my GP to get me off it. His argument was why would I take you off something that manages your pain effectively. He didn't want to risk putting me back in the other meds in case I was still immune. I don't get this on the lower doses that is been taking prior to the stair incident.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom