Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Good morning everyone,
Sorry you are in such pain this morning @Nana moon 27, reading through your posts you didn't get much sleep last night. I tossed and turned last night, had to take extra pain killers and eventually dropped off at about 4 am, but I've got to be up now for my hospital appointment to have a cortisone injection into my unoperated knee.
I am definitely in more pain this week than last, and because of that I've actually cut down on activities, so it's not that I'm doing more. I'm going to increase my painkillers for a few days to see if things improve.
I hope the day gets better for you, chat later xx Lyn
 
hi @Ellejay Good luck with your injection I hope all goes well for you. I've increased my meds today I'm not messing about any more. I will just do this to suit now. Please let me know how you get on? Thanks Lyn love Ann x
 
Ah @Nana moon 27 so sorry to hear your not good , we are on a roller coaster ride - good and bad days . My knee just seems so stiff 75% of the time not actually pain as such ,also a lot of the swelling as gone . I want to be able to do stairs which I'm finding difficult at the moment . TC xxx
 
Hi @ Nana Moon 27. Hopefully the rest of your day goes better than last night. Keep icing and taking your pain meds. I took my pain meds almost around the clock for at least two months. And especially before PT. Feel stronger and better each day. Take good care of yourself. :egypdance:
 
@Nana moon 27 @Ellejay sorry your in pain I was the same for 3 days took more meds rested and its feeling better just have an itchy scar today does anyone else get this, hope your taking it easy today Terri
 
Oh my poor @Nana moon 27 - these (multiple expletives) ...... knees!
One (painless) step forward and then two (painful) steps back. I am so sorry for you.
Getting despondent and discouraged must be making things 100 times worse, even before you factor in the pain.

I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Take it slowly and do all you can to alleviate the pain and stiffness as well as taking your meds as you need. If all the loving thoughts winging there way to you here could actually help physically, you would be 125% recovered and jumping about.

I really think if you could get a few nights of really decent chunks of sleep it would help so much. Everything seems awful when you are tired, exhausted and running on empty. Can you not try and sleep today? Even if you end up back to front for a while, sleeping in the day and awake at night - it would give you a chance to catch up.

I think there must be something in the UK air at the moment - everyone has had a painful few days - me included!
@yiayia3 - yes my scar is very itchy and tight - I actually woke up scratching it frantically. For once I gave thanks for the TED's, that stopped any real damage. Still, its knitting together well - but horribly flaky. Out with the Bio oil!
Hope everyone has better days today - especially you Ann ....
X
 
Aww sweets! I hope you feel better! I woke up feeling sooo stiff....but stretched and feel better! What's your plans for the day?
 
Did you try the cling wrap on your knee under your jeans @Nana moon 27 ? I promise it works so that you don't aggravate your scar! ;-) I'm so sorry you're in pain again. If I knew how to get off this roller coaster, I'd tell you, but there must be some cosmic something or other going on this week as everyone seems to be having more pain than usual.

Take it easy today and please feel better my friend xoxoxoxo
 
I feel pretty awful telling you all that I had a wonderful night's sleep! Slept like a log after having an awful one the night before. Knee even feels mostly like a knee today too :dancy:
Amazing what a good nights drug-free sleep can do for you. I've felt like a slug for the past two weeks --feel quite perky today. Maybe that's the very strong coffee I've just drunk…..
This sure is a roller coaster ride but then so is life :) Hope you all feel better soon. J:puppysmooze:
 
Hi all I've rested visited a friend then come home still in pain. Will speak to PT tomorrow it's a weird pain xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Have you spoken to the OS about the starange pain. Hope you are feeling better soon. Are you icing enough. Even when I was up and about, I was icing all the time. At church, even three months after I came back to work, I was icing while sitting at work for the first two weeks. Hope you are feeling better soon. It is not nice to be in pain.
 
Hi @chestnc this is a new pain. I'm at PT tomorrow morning I'll see what they say. It's pretty bad a good 7 on the scale x x x
 
@DogLoverx3 my friend, this is a worrying pain tbh. I don't know what to make of it. It is above the knee going all the way across. It's like the same tight band you get across the knee but higher up but with real bad pain. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the muscles? It's made me cry so I'm increasing pain meds tonight. My daughters etc came tonight and I was nearly in tears with the pain. They didn't stay long thankfully. I love them dearly but tonight I am not in the mood for anything really. I'm so terribly fed up and once again tearful. I thought I'd got through this but then you were still going through this at this stage!!! I reread some of our posts x anyway I'll talk to the PT tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on x x x x

@dogwheels you are right if I could sleep it would be great. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts, maybe they'll make tomorrow a better day for me with luck x x x

@Chihuahuan I am honestly glad you got some sleep. I'm rooting for all my Bonesmart pals to be able to sleep!!! I don't begrudge anyone that at all!!!

Anyway I hope everyone gets a good nights sleep x x x x x and me please!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry Ann :-( I KNOW how frustrating this all is and the lack of sleep just magnifies everything. I think the pain you're having sounds like it may be your lower quads. Hard to believe, but it's a good pain to have as it means your muscles are working as they should. I had that a couple of weeks ago. I found that ice helped it and I also massaged it a bit (if only I could teach my dogs to fetch ice packs and do canine massage therapy for me, that would be awesome!) :puppysmooze:

You sure are in a down section of this roller coaster and I know I keep telling you that it will get better, but I promise that it does and will. Just not as fast as we'd like it too. I am keeping good thoughts that you're able to sleep tonight. Do you have Melatonin over there? It's a natural herbal something or other that is supposed to help relax you and encourage sleep. It's certainly worth a try. xoxoxoxo
 
@Nana moon 27 When I saw the line where you had been a right whatsit today I read "twit" --made myself chuckle. You make me think in colloquial/slang "Midlands". :whistle:
The pain sounds like what I had when the PT guy was having me lie on my tummy and use my good leg to raise my bad leg close to my bum. Hurt like crazy then all of a sudden went away. Very strange pain indeed! Have a good rest :)
 
Hi @Josephine , I hope that you are well? I have woken up this morning with a really awful pain scale 7. It is going right across above my knee, it travels up one of my muscles, my knee is exceptionally swollen and stiff. I have rested, elevated and iced but to no avail. Upped pain meds tonight, seems to be working. I have Physio tomorrow, I will have a word there but thought I might ask you first?
Thank you Josephine love Ann x
 
Back
Top Bottom