Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Thank you for your lovely messages. @copsham I think you may know/suspect where the avatar was taken.

This is a nice place /stage to be at...yes it's taken a long time and a revision but I hope that anyone who has a problem and needs revision will get hope from reading this post.

And a massive thank you for the support from all my Bonesmart friends old and new, advisers and moderators. Bless you all x x x
 
So it was tywyn! A most beautiful place for sunsets. Health wise it feels that we are never going to get to where we should be and then suddenly it happens. Our bodies are amazing!
 
You are so right @copsham. I got so despondent and down about the whole situation. I still cannot come downstairs one foot at a time unless I'm at someone's house that has a handrail either side. I think that's more about confidence and more likely my left knee.

If someone had said to me last week that this one I'd be getting in and out the bath, I'd have laughed. See it just goes to prove ... Don't give up, keep trying x
 
@kate23 it was a very arduous and challenging recovery. I will be honest I wasn't best convinced the revision would work because of my own personal negativity from my 1st recovery, which led to me being severely depressed and lacking confidence. However, I couldn't have been more wrong on hindsight.

I now can honestly say I'm so glad I had my knee done :yahoo:X it feels like a "real" knee now! The lovely warm weather is helping too!!

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought- if you told any one not in the "hip/knee fraternity" about your bath it would be a matter of okay/fine/ that's nice. On here look at the excitement and praise your achievement has encouraged. Really great!

That is so true we know here the effort it takes every single thing we do and nana a bath is huge stepping stone to normality and such a treat too hugs


20/01/2015
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 I hope you get that Gabapentin. I need it badly. I needed it really, really badly after my TKR, as I have neuropathy. However, my GP was VERY reluctant to prescribe it but gave me another drug which didn't work at all. I have no idea why he wouldn't prescribe it (I'm not on any other drugs), but someone suggested that it's very expensive? It should also deal with restless leg. I do hope you soon get sorted - you're doing SO well. Well done on your latest achievement with the bath! Fantastic!
 
Well, the last few says my upper abdomen has swelled up above my belly button but below my boobs. I tried to get into the doctors yesterday but couldn't. Three phone calls there today nothing, no appointments.

By this afternoon, I really didn't feel very well. Not at all. I couldn't breathe and it felt like the worse my abdomen swelled, the worse my breathing. Food kept getting stuck as well as tablets.

Finally I managed to secure a sit and wait appointment. As luck had it I got allocated my own GP. My daughter came in with me. I explained what was wrong. He weighed me got me on the couch, prodded and poked but nothing. I was getting more out of breath lying down. He did my oxygen levels which were ok. More questions about indigestion etc, pain from that. Anyway, he gave me some steroids for my chest and some Lansaprazole for my stomach.

I took the lansaprazole as directed but so far I'm still very swollen. Let's hope some sleep will fix it.

I spoke to him about the burning and twitching and he diagnosed restless leg syndrome. He said he didn't want to prescribe anything for it until my chest was better and my abdomen gone down
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Restless leg is the pits! I've had it for years, though much worse after TLR. I wonder why he gave you steroids, or was that for your breathing? Swollen stomach sounds painful and must have some cause. I hope you're soon better.
 
I don't know about your swollen abdomen, but one of my asthma symptoms is food, tablets etc getting stuck. I use my inhaler and wait a minute or two before trying to eat again.
Hope you are feeling better soon,
 
Ann, I have an hiatus hernia which causes me to get swelling in my tummy & abdomen due to acid reflux.....especially bad after taking antibiotics ....the lanzoprazole should help if that is the case (I take omeprazole ) ...hope it helps! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks. @Pumpkln I'll try the inhaler trick and see if it helps. Never thought of that tbh. @Poppet my diet is rubbish but I'm going to fix that now. The scales at the docs told me a story! Aaaarrrgghh! @Hoppy Nanny thank you for sharing, strangely my friend from N Wales said the same tonight on the phone. @kixiekat thank you for your kind thoughts. @Judlepip the steroids are for my asthma which may have upset the Bronchiectasis again

Anyway, other than this I'm okay, in good spirits and very happy with my knee. Revision was definitely the way forward. Now let's get #2 done soon!!! X
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ann, @Nana moon 27 - just wondering... have you ever been tested for gluten sensitivity or intolerance and milk ?

I am a Coeliac and find if I accidentally ingest any good that may have not only gluten, but also milk products, I will blow up like a balloon. The swelling in my abdomen becomes very uncomfortable, right up under my rib cage even and I have difficulty breathing. With the milk, I am not allergic to lactose, but the actual milk itself - that was new to me!

I suspected that I was a Coeliac from my mid twenties, but not a lot was known about it then. So I became my own test and research case. I eliminated certain foods, finding that the swelling subsided. Then I reintroduced the offending food as a challenge test - result - I was swollen again. Eventually, I saw a specialist and it was confirmed! So now, I am very careful. Problem is if I eat out - so we don't eat out much.. Just a thought :)
 
Hmmmmm I saw thing about diet is rubbish and scales remember it has to be a thought out diet not starvation.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Poppet Not sure what the situation in the US is for Coeliacs but my friend who has Coeliac disease thinks it's much better here now for eating out. A lot of good chains of all types are doing gluten free items on their menus and many non chain places will do gluten free if you ask. So eating out here is much less of a problem than it was.
 
Hi @Poppet thanks I have a mild wheat intolerance and I've been eating more bread over the last few months. I think it caught up on me. I just had a small Danish bread sandwich and I seen to be okay with the lighter bread. However the bread hubby has really upsets me x

My abdomen has responded well to the stomach tablets and is going down making breathing easier! X

Thanks all for the support....(((( hugs)))) xxx

@Legin I will be going by my clothes not scales. I had to throw the last set out as I became totally obsessed. So it's a no no in my house. I'm going back to what I know suits me but we got to do a proper shop tomorrow. I taking back control of what I have to eat. Hubby's diet does not suit me, nor the weird eating times. Starve most of the day eat at night. Once I was able to I started to so my own food in the day but it was a long time coming as I couldn't be trusted with the gas cooker. I kept leaving gases on with no light or forget something was on the stove. I would fall asleep because of my medication back then.

Anyway I'm going off topic. Sorry! Please take care
Love Ann x x
 
I hope you feel better soon. I'm totally gluten free since chemo. I can't tolerate the slightest bit of gluten in anything. I had some plain chocolate with wheat in and spent all night in the bathroom. That is the only gluten I've inadvertently ingested in well over a year.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom