Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hoping you feel better soon. Yeah, the weather can make us ache. Have fun, but don't overdo it.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just a quickie. My knee (non TKR) is awful. Can't walk far at all. Going to try aquafit on Thursday. That might help. Refusing up give in. Weather too nice not to try and walk to limits. I ice and elevate when back.

Thank goodness for ice packs x

thanks for messages. back next Tues x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Maybe an elastic wrap or sleeve would give just a bit more support for
the original equipment?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know the knee is painful, but I hope the change of scene and the warm sunshine are lifting your spirits. xx
 
Quick update. I went to aquacise yesterday. The TKR was fantastic I can so much more now than before. The left knee objected when I got out the water.

The left will not let me walk far at all without giving me excruciating pain down the front of the knee to the front of my foot.

My TKR still burns most of the night so I take my top up med and that helps.

I've slept quite well here. Much needed. Back on Monday

Xxxxx
 
@Nana moon 27
Hi, sorry to butt into a long running conversation, but I had LTKR 4th Nov 2014, and need right doing probably late July. I can't have it done earlier, as we have friends from Australia coming in June, and going away with us leaving England July 22nd. When I see my surgeon for final check up on left, I shall discuss date for other, so we should be recovering around the same time. My left is giving me a bit of pain when I overdo things, otherwise good but my ROM is not good at all. I am trying to cut down pain Meds, but unoperated knee is playing up, and like your left gives pain right down to my ankle, as they both did.
I got a static bike from a charity shop and although it took me a long time to go right round, I now can, and do a few minutes whenever I can to hopefully improve ROM.
Hope you are sleeping better now and the pain is less
Jackie
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Sounds like you are making the most of it in sunny Wales! The Aquacise sounds good too. Keep strong and hope you have an op date when you get back.
xx
 
@Josephine

I would like to ask you a question please.

My RTKR is finally behaving like a knee should but every single night I get a very hot leg from hip to ankle and it burns. Sometimes my knee itself will burn. I put that bit to life. It's the whole leg burn that concerns me.

Many thanks Nana moon 27
 
I had that - it's nerve pain. You need to report it to your GP so he can prescribe you some gabapentin. It works a treat.
 
That gabapentin is the stuff, my OS didn't send me home with any, two weeks of taser sensation and then a prescription for the gabapentin, no more nighttime zots!
 
I had this before my op, and in both legs. I was told it was nerve pain but could not have Gabapentin as I am Epileptic, and it would overload my drug regime. I just had to put up with it. It isn't at all pleasant, and used to make me sweat a lot in bed. I seemed to have my own heating system in bed with me. I had some treatment with an Osteopath, and it did resolve. I think it may have done anyway, but I think I would try him again if it happened again, as I lost so much sleep.
 
I know not everyone takes the side effect I had with Gabapentin but it did take my mood right down, check with dr re it and antidepressants you are on. Gabapentin is often prescribed first as its cheap.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Something miraculous has happened!!!!

I went into the bathroom, ran a bath. I got in it using my TKR, lowered myself with my arms and had the most fantastic bath! No aids, no stools, chairs nothing!!! All done independently with no help whatsoever. I simply held n to the edge of the bath, cocked my RTKR over, it took the weight beautifully. I lowered myself using the sides of the bath and bending both knees. Ok leftie protested but tough!!! I did it!!

It's about my six month anniversary from revision tomorrow. To say that I'm over the moon is an understatement.

I will do a six month update tomorrow xx

Woohoo, I really am finally starting to get better :yahoo: X

@Legin thank you for the advice re Gabapentin. I couldn't get in docs. I overslept. I have to get this burning and twitching sorted out. I will try docs again tomorrow xx
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom