Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Way to go, Nana Moon! Isn't it great how the little everyday things become major victories that everyone here understands!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 ,

I was thinking of having a bath but have been a bit cowardly about it - however your post has made me want to give it a go . I will report back :console2:Thanks. All steps along the way to getting properly better. Well done you!

Mary x
 
I'm feeling so different in myself! For the first time in ages like me! That bath gave me such a boost with my confidence. Went to the supermarket (small one) but managed fine with one crutch supporting leftie (with hubby). I'm showing him who's boss until he's gone (replaced)! Xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 ,

I was thinking of having a bath but have been a bit cowardly about it - however your post has made me want to give it a go . I will report back :console2:Thanks. All steps along the way to getting properly better. Well done you!

Mary x
Go for it as long as you feel safe if need be with someone near because it is the most amazing way of relaxing the knee and heel slides are easier too


20/01/2015
 
I'm feeling so different in myself! For the first time in ages like me! That bath gave me such a boost with my confidence. Went to the supermarket (small one) but managed fine with one crutch supporting leftie (with hubby). I'm showing him who's boss until he's gone (replaced)! Xx
That's so good to hear, Ann! :yes!::happydance::yay:
 
Great that you had a nice bath Anne :-) Always makes me feel nice and relaxed x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Six month revision update

Okay it's six months since my revision. I'm so glad that I had it done. It's getting better and better as time goes by. I still have odd bad days when weather rubbish or if I overdo it.


This is what I can do now / improvements

Walk upstairs, one foot per stair properly
Get in and out of the bath unaided using no aids
I can walk a slightly longer distance
The pain is minimal although it can feel rotten when I've overdone it
I can do small amounts of gardening from a garden chair

Overall I'm very happy with the results of the revision. It was a disappointment before this when they tried giving me injections and aspiration in the RTKR in the previous op. Once the revision was done, extra physio given. It worked x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi Ann
So pleased for you. I so missed my baths when I couldn,t have one! Showers are purely functional to me were as baths are luxurious. The roller coaster rides are amazing, lovely when you are at a peak and knowing you can get there again. Make the most of it between now and June time. Little things like having a bath which we take for granted is such a major achievement in the context we are in. Don't over do it though. No heavy housework!!

I like your new avatar where is it..?? I will post an update on my thread soon.

Karen x
 
Just a thought- if you told any one not in the "hip/knee fraternity" about your bath it would be a matter of okay/fine/ that's nice. On here look at the excitement and praise your achievement has encouraged. Really great!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom