Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hello Nana Moon 27. I hope your doing good. Great news on pt. did U get to do water? My knees don't do nothing on steroids. They tried a few on me. Celebrex helps... I am so glad to know your getting your other done. The outcome will be awesome. Well needed for fun stuff you have been eager to do... Xxxx

Angel1978

That's great. Beach pool or what ever you do and mainly walking and living life daily pain freely. Yay you... Whoot woot for the sugary day!!! I don't know what kind activities u do for fun. But lol I'm going camping this summer. Enough about me. Enjoy you day and keep getting excited to the day... U know want to expect you got this girl. Have fun day. And remember it's all a breeze. Xxx

Angel1978

Ooh 29th May Ann That's good news, it's not far off. Tell me the title of your pre-op thread please. No worries about the stick. I looked it up on google - (when in doubt 'google it')! I learnt how to judge the correct height and also which side to carry it. All sorted. Don't stay on those steroids too long! (that's a joke, I know you need to stay on them as long as the medics advise!)

:)

Hi Ann finally found you. I'm also having intense leg cramps in calf and burning across ankle mostly on right side ( hip replaced side) I can feel it coming on and run for an ice pack. When that didn't work reached for heating pad . The pain is so intense can't put foot down that all I can do is cry and try to walk it off. Then saw neuro Rx for gabapentin after taking 1200 mg in added increments started feeling crazed and off balance. So off all drugs. Sticking to quinine water, magnesium and potassium hoping that will work. I also take Hylands leg cramp homeopathic bought on Amazon (of course) also can buy in drugstore. A few under tongue at night. Does it work? Eh Seeing neuro tomorrow for more help with the legs, keep thinking it could be a nerve hitting somewhere. I stretch on a foam roller everyday to stretch back, and now doing pelvic tilts for posture issues. Also started using weights again for shoulders, but each time lift left arm hear the grinding of bone on bone!! Dreading thought of another surgery. Also using lidocaine patches in shoulders. Can use for up to 12 hrs a day.
And the saga continues....,,.,
Xoxosusanne

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014

Hi @susanne I have suffered from cramp both before my op and afterwards in my toes and legs. I find that drinking tonic water has helped a great deal and I hardly ever get them now. My Mother who is 90 swears by 4 corks sewn into a small cotton bag under her bottom sheet, but I would say that is an old wives tale!
Since tonic water contains quinine, I think you are thinking on the right lines.
Jackie

If you're going to drink tonic water, be sure to get a good brand like Canada Dry or Schweppe's. They have real quinine in them. Many of the cheaper brands actually have no quinine.

Hello Nana Moon 27. How are you today? Have u been feeling and doing better... I was actually able to enjoy the weather. You getting excited for the procedure? To live a fun life;-)

Jamie is right the Canada dry is better. I tolerate it.

Angel1978

@Majic. I've been told to put s bar of soap under sheet to relieve cramps
I feel them coming on mostly in right leg. Had taken meds for restless leg syndrome but neuro thinks it's more nerve pain
Just can't win
Thanks. Susanne

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

Quick update on this knee. It does every thing it should. It bears weight well. It's aching because of the strain of my other leg being very weak. It's lovely and straight. The revision was an overall success.

The only downside is I have constant burning every night from my hip to ankle or vice versa. The GP has diagnosed me with restless leg syndrome. No treatment until after the op on the other knee. I'm going to chat to the OS when I see him about this xx

I will keep you posted xx

Good news Ann. Restless leg has bugged me for years. There is a homeopathic remedy called Hylands. It might be worth a try. I've haven't tried it yet, but plan to.

Good to hear that the metal knee is doing well! :yay:

I'm sorry about the restless legs, though.

It won't be long now before the other knee is fixed.

@nanamoon. Hi Ann have been getting worse leg pains since my surgeries. Sometimes burning calf and ankles too. I've been using hyland night time leg cramp pills for s few years bought on Amazon just dissolve under tongue. Also bought
Miracle plus restless legs calming creame also on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

I think it's all in my head but the cream is great!! A little piece of Xanax doesn't hurt either
❤️susanne

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Rt hip resurfacing 2007
Rt hip revision 2010
Rt shoulder replacement
LTKR 2014

Hey @Nana moon 27

My legs jump. I thought was spazims. But I couldn't sleep. So my doc gave me script. It's requip but it's funny it's called rompinrol and it keep my leg from jump. But still can't sleep good. It's weird cause surgical leg won't get comfey.

Anyways enough about me. It's all about you. It's getting closer. Know finally you will be happy and able to do the things tease retched knees took away from you. I foresee you jumping down halls and squat while dancing and doing ballet. And staff will have to say know come on Ann we are the paid employes lol. We will do the therapy. :) ;-) ::) ❤️

I wish you the best luck. Them apts makes me antsy. But soon soon it all will be over with and you will be happy again. Xxxxx to you.

I will be praying for you. You got this girl. U are strong and u know what to expect. Xxxx

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015

Just finished catching up on your thread and I'm so happy you're going for your preop assessment tomorrow!! Glad your knee is finally straightening out to that's such good news!! Should be hearing from my Dr.about the results of my xrays and you're probably right about my foot! I'll keep you informed.. And will be looking forward to reading up on how everything is going with you!!! God Blessyou!!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

My hot and burning leg in bed was cured after about 3trips to a very good osteopath. It was a s pinal problem I think. I needed an osteopath after my hysterectomy as well. He said it was being lifted awkwardly when under anaesthetic. Worth trying if it carries on after your next knee is done.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back