Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi Nana moon
How are you? how's your knee(s)? Enjoy Tywyn - no big walks along the sea front though x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to do a six month revision update.

I would recommend revision if the consultant is certain it will help. It's helped me.

Definitely the revision was the way forward to me. I still have minor problems but that knee is lovely and strong. I think it's being affected by the need to get the left one replaced.

I still cannot stand for too long or walk very far but that's more to do with the left knee.

On a good day I can walk up the stairs normally. I still struggle down but hopefully the fitting of a hand rail on the wall will do the trick

At my sis in laws her stairs aren't as steep as mine and I was highly delighted the other week, to be able to walk down them normally. I almost leapt with joy

I'm still suffering with insomnia. I think this is to do with all the med I'm on for the various ailments I have. Which are a nuisance at the moment.

The downstairs toilet is a real bonus so when I do eventually go for my LTKR, the recovery will be easier as my stairs are so terribly steep.

That's about it. Thanks for reading
.

Nana moon 27 x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Nana moon 27 for that great update and glad you are getting along better. Wow those must be some steep steps you have. Thank goodness you have a bathroom on the main floor now. That is always a blessing. When one has a house you never think of steps being steep or having a lot of them as who can predict one would need a TKR in the future or even two TKR or three if you have to have a revision. So glad things are better for you and hope your knee continues to improve. Take good care of yourself and thanks again for the update. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Nana moon 27 I have not been on forever, back to work full time, and trying to live with new knee. I so envy those people that are able to exercise every day and keep the strength of their legs up.
I was thinking about you all week for some reason, and it looks like for good reason. Hope things get better, you have journeyed through such a rough recovery. Love reading your posts, take care. Jeannie
 
Well my knees are aching terribly. The right aches, the left feels irritated. It's a bit warm too. Too warm to put the quilt over them, too cold not to have something over them. I've tried ice and elevation but they are plain old irritated and restless.

I'm a bit down tonight, I have a "lost feeling". Holiday cancelled until Wednesday. Hubby under weather at moment. Praying for sleep, please x
 
How are you Anne? Hope your spirits are lifted a bit. A shame your not getting away until tomorrow. Hope your hubbys ok too. X




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Ann. Hope you are feeling better and getting ready for your break in Wales. To be honest with this weather we are having I'm not looking forward to going. Can you imagine putting an awning up in this weather. A domestic waiting to happen. I'm not sure about all these new rules going off topic so I hope this is ok. Nobody seemed to mind before. Take Care Ann. Wishing you well❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@robynhood, we are asking people to please minimize social chat on the threads in all the forums. Posts in recovery threads should pertain primarily to the opening poster's surgery and recovery. Personal updates and conversations not about the recovery (such as comments about the weather and vacations) can be done via social media such as Facebook or by using BoneSmart's private messaging.

I hope this helps explain what "going off topic" means. Please feel free to ask if you have questions. We do modify our forum rules now and then as the situations warrant. You may not have seen this announcement.
 
I think that explains it all


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all

My knees were awful yesterday. Don't know whether it's the damp or the cold or what. The TKR got cold and locked twice on me at the back of the joint on the right hand almost but not quite side. The non TKR gave way. This morning I have backache.

I will let you know later or tomorrow how they are! I cannot believe I got a signal in the caravan!!!

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Sorry to hear that my friend cold weather isnt great for us. Are you linking up with friends at all

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I think it's our uk weather my knee has been playing up last few days and today we are going to Chichester for day out our anniversary but nearly two hours in car not sure this is going to happen
Cheer up nana we will all get there soon hugs


20/01/2015
 
Stay warm! My knee has been aching a lot but it is getting better. You'll be much better when you get your other one seen to
 
Sorry the knees are acting up when you're trying to have some fun time away. Pre-surgeries, I know The change in weather was always a bad time for all my joints. I hope today is a better day for you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope your knees are feeling better. It is tough when the weather is not behaving and the knees are already compromised. Makes for not a good combination. Hope you are feeling better and able to enjoy yourself. Tell those knees to behave themselves.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom