Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Homeport

Susan thank you so much for your kindness. Yes, I do have to look after myself x I'd've been ok if he hadn't had to travel to Portsmouth from Birmingham and do a whole weeks College. He has no choice. He is nearing the end of a three year apprenticeship and has to get all the coursework and practical done ready for their final exam. He was very lucky to get this. The entry level was exceptionally high but he is a clever lad. He will be 20 this September. I don't know where the time went.

I think my asthma is playing up because of the emotional upset, my knees I give up at the minute, I'm fed up of different things occurring each day.

So yes, you are right, I have to get myself right in all ways x

I hope that you are okay?

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Ha ha @ironman60

I'm in the ODIC today! Got a friend from North Wales coming to stay Wednesday night til Thursday. So I decided to sort out the front bedroom once and for all!!! I moved an old style portable tv and put it away. Then I picked up a great big box full of teaching resources, carried it cross the landing to the other bedroom and put it away tidy bit oh it was so heavy x my left unoperated knee is shouting "what have you done woman!!!"
 
Hi Anne hope your feeling better. Lots of ups and downs. Sending you ((((hugs)))) x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @chereb

I don't know why I still think I'm able to do this heavy lifting. My RTKR has been a saint and strong. My left knee is killing me down the outside side of my leg and calf x to be honest I need to get all this done before I go away Monday in case I get a call off the hospital x I just want my daughters have an easier time when they come to vacuum x or help out x plus my friend is coming to stay on Wednesday night x x x
 
Just be careful you dont overdo it. I know the feeling you want stuff sorted for when the family take over. Ive been cooking since last week much to my husbands disgust. But i hate the thought of him out working all day then having to come home and start dinner. Im trying not to overdo it but i admit i sometimes do. Hope you get a date soon. Its so stressful waiting as well. I felt like we lived with a cloud over us from Nov until my date in March. Keep positive xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @copsham

I am replying to you on my thread so as not to derail @legins recovery thread. I'm doing okay. I've totally overdone it today, deliberately and stupidly as I didn't feel I could ask hubby to move the things without a fuss. I couldn't face any kind of fuss. My shoulders really hurt. but my TKR was very good but my left has screamed at me all day.

I took a top up med before I came up to my bedroom, to take the rest and praying they kick in soon. My friend from North Wales is coming about 7pm tomorrow night, staying the night then back up to North Wales. One of her brothers has been taken ill, so she needed to come to Birmingham and stay the night somewhere. I've always said anytime she needs to stay she can. So she combines business with pleasure and we have a nice catchup too!! X

Love Nana mon 27 x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
It is so complicated, managing the physical side as well as the emotional side of this. i hope you get a few hours or more of good sleep tonight. I don't like to think of you, in pain, trying to pass time when you cannot sleep.

Today was a first. I cooked a meal, washed up and made hubby a cup of tea - not done this for a very long time!
But oh boy I am tired now! x
 
Well done @copsham

You are certainly getting back to normal and I am honestly so pleased for you x I love hearing people getting their lives back x x x

This is my own fault for being so single minded (polite version). It also highlighted how weak I'm becoming. My 5kg dumbbells I so struggled to lift. The old style portable tv, that was hard but the teaching resource box was terrible but I did it. Tomorrow will be a rest day.

I'm very tired. Once these meds kick in I shall be away x x x
 
I'm fed up. My TKR is hot and swollen. My left knee is hot on the swelling on the lower underneath of the joint. I've iced and elevated. All because I was so stupid with cleaning yesterday. Will I ever learn?...I doubt it x x.
 
Don't be too hard on yourself. It will pass with some rest and ice. But it may take a few days, so patience is in order. Part of the problem is likely that your unoperated knee is so in need of surgery. I think once you have it done as well, you'll be able to see a more linear path to recovery.
 
Nana moon,
I think you are going for a life time member ship in the ODIC, cleaning can wait.
I have a light carpet sweeper by Shark, it picks up the stuff you can see, with out straining anything.
I agree with Jamie, when you have your left one done both knees will be much better.
Can you call and ask them how the cancelation list is coming along? The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
:elevate: :ice::sleep:.
 
Not stupid Nana, just a bit impatient...we have ALL done this and will continue to do things that make our TKR's angry with us...if you have learned a lesson from it then no harm, no foul...hang in there..
 
Hi all,

Thanks for your advice. I'm pretty sure you're right about the need for the left to be done ASAP. I've slept about 1 and half hour. I did take the top up med but it has eased a bit x

@Pumpkln I will phone and ask. I need to get things sorted.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Both knees are warm and achy so going to get up shortly, gentle exercise and then down to my friend xxx
I can sit, ice and elevate xxx

All my love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you are feeling much better tomorrow. Take care and take it easy. Once we get into cleaning it is difficult to stop until our bodies have taken a beaten. Sometimes it takes us trying to do too much to make us slow down a but. Hope the both knees are settling down. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Sorry you are feeling ill on top of everthing else. would a little light snack help or some soda?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom