Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Glad your blood tests were clear thats good news :-)
Get that leg up and rest it now. I have a tendency to overdo things so not un the position to lecture lol.
My hubby has been lecturing me all week for doing stuff.
Hope the trip does your hubby some good

Xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hubby has phoned me four times!!!! Yes, four times!!! X it's not going to feel like he's been away xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Pumpkln

Well I've just discovered Adrenaline is a good painkiller. I went to go and get my meds, remembering that my daughters were out together, I checked my phone as they more often than not text me to say having a great time or post me a pic. Anyway there was a voice mail off my next door neighbour. Apparently there was a prowler in their garden but they didn't know whether he'd had anything out of ours. We noticed that the other sides shed door is open. The trouble is, although it's lovely, we live next door to a Country Park. We have had trouble like this before.

We got burgled once before, so I immediately went into panic mode. The pain went but I hadn't noticed and I watched hubby go down the garden. Thank goodness he decided to come home tonight and I wasn't on my own. I'd've been terrified. I've made us both a cup of tea. I was going to go sit with him but it's almost 4.20 am. I'm tired x but the adrenaline is coursing through a bit still. I'm deep breathing and keeping calm x

Take care love Ann x x x
 
Morning all

Well, After discovering how well adrenaline works as a painkiller that's just brilliant x I didn't need top up med in the end. They're a bit achey this morning but in general ok x x x

Love nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi all I'm so angry right now,

I know it's Sunday and I shouldn't be cursing but I cannot believe how nasty some people are.

Some rotten person has deliberately stamped, yes stamped on my eldest grandsons kneecap during a football match. He tackled and my grandson hit the floor, the guy he tackled ran back to him and stamped on his kneecap as hard as he could. There were gasps of horror apparently throughout the spectators!!! My son in law who was refing the match shouted, the guy grabbed his mate and legged it to their car and drove off. I haven't heard any more. Anyway they took him to hospital and he went for X-ray. They couldn't do/see much because of the swelling. He has to go back and have another next week. My grandson is 19 not very big built and the guy was 27 and a good size!

Worse still he has to be at College in Porstmouth tomorrow, for the week and he's on two crutches. His mate is picking him up and taking him there!!! My daughter and son in law are both very upset.

I'm so upset for him x

Love Ann xxx
 
Omg Anne that is absolutely despicable for someone to do that to your grandson :-( I hope his knee is ok. (((((Hugs))))) xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sad story to hear how rotten some people can be. Your Grandson is young, he will be OK tomorrow at school. Uncomfortable yes, but he can handle it. Just be sure he follows up and gets a proper evaluation and treatment to prevent future problems.
I hope someone knew who that fellow was, that was an assault, and he needs to be held accountable.
You are right to be upset!
 
Hi,

I spoke to Josh at 10.30 tonight. He's ok but in dreadful pain. He's iced and elevated all day. Apparently the guy who did this to him was playing dirty all the way through the game. Fouling other players, calf scraping, tripping other players up. He was out for trouble. The joke of it is, the team are from a very posh and affluent area! You just would not expect such poor sportsmanship from a team of that calibre.

His workmate is picking him up and taking him to college in Portsmouth tomorrow. He had to go down there one week out of every two. Josh is on two crutches and said that the pain is the worst thing he's ever had x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
I really can't believe that Ann. What a thug. Why is it the nice boys always get picked on or come out worse. I believe in Karma and I hope it gets around to him. A 27 year old acting like that. It's made me so mad!!!!!!!!! Really hope your grandson is ok tomorrow for college. ❤️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Pat

He's on two crutches! His mates taking him down to Portsmouth as he's at college with him too. I'm still seething but I have to let this negativity go. Nothing is going to change with me getting angry. The event has happened. It's about supporting Josh and helping him to cope x it doesn't matter how many times I get angry at the perpetrator, it cannot undo what has been done xx

Knees are very achy but I've spent more time than usual on my feet using the crutches x x x

Love Ann xx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Please try to keep posts primarily about the opening poster's recovery. A little chat is fine, but posts are getting too far off topic. If you want to talk about a specific non hip or knee topic, please feel free to start a thread in the Social forum.
 
Hiya Ann I totally understand your frustration and panic over this which in turn adds to the worries you have over your impending opperation. The emotiomal state of people is linked to our physical state and speed of recovery. Anyway I hope you managed some sleep as sleep is such a nemesis for you.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Morning all.

I don't know what's going on with my TKR it's normal skin temp but feels so hot the whole length of the leg inside. Very tired. Bit fed up. I going to throw myself into doing some sorting (seated) where possible. I'll the pain killers first. Will get hubby to fetch me a roll of black bags x x x

I need to keep busy and distract myself from all this x x x

Hope you're all ok.

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
A very brief update about my grandson. I just spoke to him he said it feels worse today. I talked to him about the importance of trying to ice and elevate while away. I advised him to do heel slides. He laughed and said Nana you sound like the doctor yesterday! His mate is about to take him down to Portsmouth. He said he already is hating the lack of independence and finding things very frustrating. He said he done nothing but grrrrrrr this morning x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 . Time for me to check up on you & a few others again.
I see you put a new picture up so I figured I would get rid of my winter one.
Sounds like you & your Grandson will be limping around for a bit.
Always something. I hope you both get healed up pretty quick.
I am getting ready to have a birthday cake for my knee. Hard to believe it is a year already.
Still doing great. I have learned a lot about taking care of myself & not over doing.
Take Care & I'll be back.
 
Hi @ironman60

Your new avatar is so nice. I'll be doing another new one tomorrow. I've just had my hair done two shades lighter.

That year has gone so fast. I cannot get over it's a year since your op...wow!

I think you're healing better since you stopped jumping off the back of the truck!!!

It's lovely to hear from you. Please take care x

Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Nanamoon try to take deep breath and not get upset about your grandson I would be the same but you have to concentrate on your recovery. Hugs Susan


20/01/2015
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom