Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I'm glad you have had a good day Ann, you certainly deserve it, lets hope you start to get more and more of them.
 
Hi all

@chereb I replied but goodness knows where that post went. Thanks for that. I did ice and elevate. In fact I fell asleep at the wrong time tonight again. So whether I sleep or not remains to be seen.

@Ellejay I'm sure I'm feeling better because the days are longer. Yes the TKR is ok. Yes there is swelling, like a lump but it's performing like it should. As for the left well you know the score yourself on "the knee that's left behind". It drives me crazy. It stopped me from completing some of the exercises like the squats and stepper (love the stepper but lefty doesn't) and lunges were out of the question but I did well on the balance board again.

Love Ann x x x
 
The knee is doing a lot more than it's ever done. Sometimes I pay the price so I have to ice and elevate but it's holding up so well now. My left one is awful but once that's done I'll be on my way to get back to work and my life again.

Strangest thing though. Since I've stopped work, slowed down, I'm noticing things more x like the different bird songs...I notice when there is an unusual one. The other wildlife in the garden through the window. Stuff before I would've been too busy to have stopped for unless I was on holiday x

I feel now like I've stepped off a very fast merry go round, now my heads stopped spinning I'm seeing and understanding more x hope I don't sound too crazy x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Well I've been a right muppet today with my medication. Yes they are in a dispenser thingy. This morning I took my daily antibiotic and two paracetamol. Just over half hour later I had to take the rest of my medication. I started taking the tablets. Ok 1st paracetamol and realised that yikes I've already taken paracetamol. I looked I'm my hand and realised in horror, I'd taken one of two paracetamol that were still in the dispenser, despite the fact that I had already taken two of those with my daily antibiotic. I looked in my hand checked the tablets yes, fine, swallow.

I've been out with hubby for an hour this afternoon. I've been banished to the bedroom because he is fly tying in anticipation of his fishing trip which he is now going alone on. I am horribly allergic to feathers so off up I've come like a good girl. Anyway just looked in my dispenser, I have taken tomorrow nights tablets instead of the rest that was in the dispenser. The only thing I can think is that I've opened it up the second time upside down. I thought it was strange that I wasn't spaced out. I haven't had my antidepressants but I can take those now. Every thing else will have to wait until this evening. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh x so annoying x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi Ann
Just catching up on your thread....
Sorry to see you are still waiting for your Ltkr...do hope you get a date soon...it's frustrating not be able to get on with everyday life but you have managed to find some compensations to stopping the merry go round. It's good to step back and look at nature & the everyday beautiful things that are around us.....I love sitting and watching the birds in the garden since I retired.....something I never really appreciated before ......always a silver lining!!
Do hope you get the pain under control......I'm rubbish at taking tablets ......had to laugh at your medication mishap. I write it all down when I take them & tick it to say I've actually taken it....duh!
Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
How are you. Still "not quite right"? was it yesterday that you took extra medication by mistake? Is it connected. My sleep has settled down a bit but at about 5 hours per night not really enough but better than it can be!

Look after yourself x
 
Hi @copsham

Yes, silly me took my normal antibiotic and two paracetamol. Same routine every morning. Then some time later within about an hour I take the rest of my medication. Anyway, I got my dispenser again took my first paracetamol and swallowed that. I took my special decongestant tablets, fine, my painkiller, my asthma tablet, then I realised to my horror I'd taken three paracetamol! Luckily the other paracetamol was in the bottom of the dispenser. I checked on line three was risky but wouldn't harm as a one off unless I'd weak kidneys or liver.
My husband was not best impressed.

The mystery of how I come to almost OD myself finally emerged yesterday afternoon. I'd got the dispenser box upside down. I'd not paid attention as the tablets are similar to the morning except I'm supposed to take two antidepressants in the morning and Simvastatin at night. What I'd ended up taking as n my morning tankers were not what I'd thought. I'd taken my night time tablets in the morning. I took the antidepressants in the afternoon because I didn't know how they'd mix with my night tablets.

I didn't sleep well last night. I was aching from my neck down. My TKR leg was on fire but if I put it outside the quilt the cold got at it and it hurt as well as burnt. I just couldn't get comfy.

My husband woke me up this morning. He said take your first three tablets. Im keeping an eye on this. I felt like a non compus mentis the way he stood there. Anyway about half hour later he fetched me some marmalade on toast. Hen watched me take the rest of the tablets. I explained again how it happened yesterday and that I was completely aware now to pay more attention.

Anyway, I got up, showered dressed, pottered around the house. This afternoon I wrapped up and did some serious pruning of the plants growing up the fence and roses that needed the deadwood cutting out. I'm going to pay my grandson to come on Saturday if he can to do some digging for me, that way I get my job done and he earns pocket money x x x win, win xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27 Hope your having a nice day. I made the same mistake one day with my medications. My smallest doses are taken in the morning Night time a few more and one day did the same took night pills in morning same way you said pill sorting container upside down and opened the wrong little door. I always check now as sometimes find that while sorting pills one slips into the wrong little compartment and have to switch but at least if checking can make sure it is all alright. Easy mistake to make.

Nice you had a little time outside in your garden but better your grand son is going to help not wanting to take a chance you will fall and a little bit at a time easier to do then too much all at once. Your doing very well even with having to wait you have a good outlook just a lot to handle understood by those of us who have been there and still are going through recovery not easy but you are sounding very good and nice to see things getting better for you. You have been through a lot my first knee was the same some days alright some like living a nightmare but it turned out good in the long run knees still can be sore and still but must say so much more stable then they have been for so very long.

I wish you the best hoping you can have a earlier date for surgery but also hoping you can enjoy some nice weather before this . I think we are all pretty amazing people we have gone through surgery that no one unless they have been there can fully understand even the change of having our knees replaced is something that bothered me sometimes thinking should not have done it now knowing that it was the best thing I could have done even with all the discomfort and pain that goes with it. Just hoping not to go through it again but happy I had the knee replacements.

I heard a wood pecker on our way out down our path today in park also chickadees singing love birds how much sound comes from such tiny little creatures how amazing. Sign of spring and love it wishing you a wonderful day now in for the rest of day content tired and happy. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @lavender

Oh it's so easy to make this mistake. I have to have a dispenser/organiser to hold my tablets. I take 23 a day, so it's impractical to dispense directly out the packs, bottles each time I need them. I. Very tired. Bit of a headache which I'm sure will pass.

Only last year I saw a woodpecker on next doors apple tree a few times. It was black and white, I think it had a red cap.

I'm going to come back off this now. My eyes and head hurt. Please take care and thanks for visiting me. Love Ann (Nana moon 27) xxx
 
Scared to say this but no pain tonight in TKR, usual discomfort in left one, ankle, front of foot and heel x x woohoo TKR we are finally becoming as one x

Love Nana moon 27
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Right knee is feeling okay again x a true cautionary tale for you all....

I hadn't been able to close my left hand for a week. I was about to get a doctors appointment and I had a really close look at it first. This was yesterday. Anyway, as I attempted to close my fingers which I could scarcely do, I realised that my wedding band was so tight under the joint. Underneath it was an engagement and an eternity ring. The wedding band was digging underneath the back of the knuckle joint and when I looked I realised this might be the root of the problem. I called hubby up, he looked and said it's got to come off. It's burying in to your skin in the joint. He got me to elevate my arm and up in the air and returned with shampoo. He put a bit over my finger and gently massaged round the area. The whole time my arm was elevated. He the attempted to remove the ring it was stuck. Then he said bend your finger slightly. He managed to get the sticking out layer of flesh under the band but then it was wedged on the joint and I was trying not to panic! And the pain. He pulled really hard, I shrieked and the ring came off, along with a bit of skin from the outside of the knuckle. He removed the other rings. Lo and behold! I was able to close my fist properly. All the pins and needles in my hand and arm have gone. The fingers are a little stiff but that's more through lack of being able to move.

Take heed if your rings are tight x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad its off. A few years ago I tore muscles in hand went to hostipital and nurse used thread to slowly work it off.
But good warning

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Ann. I hope you get a date soon for your left knee. Maybe a cancellation.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Nana moon 27 , hey ! I see you are on the waiting list for another knee to be done. The left. I also read that you had a revision on the right. You have had a heck of a year. Hopefully the left will be a piece of cake. Did the original surgeon do your revision ? Who is gonna do the left ?? What was wrong with the original surgery on the right ? Was it the spacer or the implant. I know my left will need to be done in the future. It gives me no trouble at all but surgeon said im losing cartilage! At least my ligaments are intact unlike my right one . Surgeon said he cut them all out during my surgery. You are such a great member of bonesmart, committed and always offering great support and advice. Best of luck , Iceman
 
Hello @icep707

Long time no hear. I have seen your others posts though. So from one committed Bonesmartie to another......helloooo!!!!!

Yep a rubbish year but the right since revision is brill. It is no longer stuck in a bent position. My rom is 120/0. The anxiety/depression seems to be easing up at last thank goodness. That was worse then my recovery to be honest. I'm on the list for a cancellation for the left knee, if not I'm down for June.

As regards your question about the revision they were not very clear but whatever they did it worked. They said something about having to clean it out, do something or other, fit a new spacer because the old one couldn't go back in, it had to be a new one? Oh and I had the patella done. Bizarrely Ice, I was told an overnight stay was all that was required. Yet I was in surgery just under three hours! The same length of time as having a knee replacement.

Whatever they did, I don't care because it felt different straight away. However, I had to start the recovery process all over again like it was a new knee. Therefore still no work. They are keeping my job open for me as long as the medical certificates go in every month. I'm very lucky. I am no longer paid and haven't been since January as my sick pay ran out. I have to have the state handouts instead. I can't walk far because of the wretched left knee which has woken me up again with the pain. That's been the worst part really Iceman. I've had a few minor issues with the right but that's usually because I've done something daft!!!



Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmmmm doing up front room hey, do it im stages dont over do it. Hang on ok wall are you listening. I know its set in your mind but dont forget to just have some Ann time

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @lavender

Oh it's so easy to make this mistake. I have to have a dispenser/organiser to hold my tablets. I take 23 a day, so it's impractical to dispense directly out the packs, bottles each time I need them. I. Very tired. Bit of a headache which I'm sure will pass.

Hi nana hope this makes you feel better about meds my hubby has clipboard and a printed out chart all my meds on and he has meds in plastic box he ticks as he gets them out for me he started this when I came home and it has continued good thing is can refer back to what you have taken if concerned I have sim satin and lostaran for blood pressure doctor discontinued one as my blood pressure has fallen plus all main meds and one for my stomach
It does get confusing hugs
Loved your posts I often read you when awake at night
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Homeport that's a very good idea about the meds. I think that I will try to devise something along that line. Strangely enough @Hoppy Nanny mentioned how she has to write everything down for the same reason x x
I also have Simvastatin for high cholesterol (8.0)

Please take care love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh got the results of the blood tests today, for suspected infection of the knee. All clear phew!!!! Xxx

I'm so tired so I'm hoping to get half hour before they all get back x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom