Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Try and get a nap or two. Hate when you cant sleep and you feel hungover despite having had no alcohol!! I had some friends turn up to surprise me last night who live a long way from me. Was so touched that they travelled all this way to see me. Will see them later as they are here for the weekend. Have a lovely day x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Nana moon, Thinking of you. you have been waiting too long, have you got any options like the "choose and book system" described in an earlier post. Having said that i presume cancellations happen quite often just having a little cold and the op will be cancelled. Fingers crossed for you x
 
Thanks @copsham

I hope it comes through soon too x no choose and book for this one x it's a progression from having the first one done 14 months ago x x x

V tired tonight. Had a houseful today x yes a massive sigh of relief when they all went. Ive taken pain meds. Waiting for them to kick in x

Love Nana moon x x x (((((hugs)))))) xxx
 
@copsham,

It's my own fault, the wait. I was supposed to go on to the waiting list last October but I got so upset he agreed to leave it until January. Well I'd not that long had my revision and didn't feel anywhere near well enough to even think about more surgery at that time.

I will call them again this week to see if anything is available. Would be nice to go in while hubby's away, get it done and over with. I could be quite self contained downstairs. Especially now the downstairs loo is finished x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Oh @Nana moon 27 I thought they were letting you down rather than you were having difficulty deciding. Hope it goes well for you soon as it is really an emotional roller coaster roller coaster!! Take care XX
 
@copsham I had the revision done on the 22nd September and he told me then the joint had gone and needed replacement. I got really upset. He mentioned an arthroscopy but he didn't feel that was relevant to the poor condition my knee was in. Consequently when I went back in January, after the upsetting visit to see his idiot registrar, I went to see him he put me on the list then He is doing the op himself.

I'm tired. I got up at 6 am, made cuppa and cleaned my room, emptied washing machine and out stuff on the rack to dry xxx

Going to try and doze for a while. Have opened window a bit. Can hear the birds xxx

Love Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better! [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better! Yesterday evening I had the best surprise. All five of my grandchildren in my house, together. The eldest grandson drives so he fetched them down. I have to post a couple of pics. That made my day perfect x the eldest is the one wearing a white t shirt. He's 19, will be 20 this year x

@Angel1978 I know you like pictures x
(If you tap the images they will enlarge) x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Terrific bunch of Grands! And what a lovely & thoughtful thing to do for Nana. I get confused on time differences between here & there, but have a wonderful day!
:flwrysmile:
 
I've had a lovely day today. For some unknown reason my TKR has decided to swell up round the kneecap.

I'm icing and elevating. My daughters brought me my Mother's Day presents and cards. I've had a jumper, flowers and chocs...my son bought me red roses and a card too x x x hubby cooked a lovely dinner and our eldest daughter joined us as her partners not well. Her son was out with his girlfriend x after dinner we tucked into chocs......lovely.

I'm tired but meeting mom and dad at my brothers house tonight they were out when I went over this morning x x x

Will post later x x
 
Wonderful photos Ann, you've obviously had a great day.
I've just returned from my trip, totally exhausted so I'm off to bed, I will try to catch up on the threads tomorrow. xx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
I love your photo's. I just tried to upload you a beautiful Tywyn sunset but it said the size was too large for the server. So you will just have to use your memory until Easter time! What was the name of your Bryncrug site?

Karen x
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better! My relatively pain free time has come to an end. However, took meds and they're easing again now. The pic is my hubby fishing in Wales x

Well I got hubby to drop me off at my brothers for Mother's Day Tea there. It was lovely catching up with my brother and his wife, mom and dad. Mom was so over the moon with the scarf I bought her, cream lace, triangular, with lacy tassels all around the edge. I also got her a silver cat brooch encrusted with crystals. So pretty and she was thrilled. I also bought her a profiterole mountain x her eyes gleamed. She offered it round but we were all too full!!

@copsham, Karen the name of the site is Llwynderw next door to Ynysmaengwyn. The other half of our site is called Ysguboriau.

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better! [Tap on the image for full pic x this was taken across the broad water above Ynysmaengwyn heading toward the estuary x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Must try to get some sleep now. Got physio in the morning x x. Will ask them to look at the bulge on the front right lower side of my TKR x x x @Pumpkln any suggestions x x x
 
Most likely you overdidit, just rest, ice, elevate, and medicate. Your PT will have a better idea once they take a look.
Having a lovely time in San Diego, Ca. Summer like weather!
 
Hi @Yorkimom

It's lovely that you called me on @susannes thread. I'm doing okay. I'm on the list for an LTKR asap!!!
Love Nana moon 27c
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with others on here, the Choose and Book system is wonderful. I thought it was operating in all areas, you are certainly entitled to have a choice of hospitals. The NHS are trying to get routine surgeries, like joint replacements off the waiting lists, so are farming them out to the private hospitals. I had both mine done this way and couldn't have been treated better. Outpatient appointments were always on time, no waiting for x rays, and all for free - wonderful!
I hope your PT session goes well, xxx
 
Thanks @Ellejay

My dad had his hernia operation (NHS) in a private hospital. Apparently the room was wonderful. He had his own tv and a phone. In our NHS hospitals you have to pay for that luxury x x

This is my last but one PT today x next week I may have to be brave and attempt public transport but I'll lay money on it I'll get a taxi there! Hubby is away from Thursday, with his ex bil fishing, until whenever he chooses to return x he needs this break. My granddaughters moving in for the entire time he is away.

Thursday night we are having a tv/movie night all us girls. My daughters and my two granddaughters are coming over. We are apparently having a takeaway, chocolate etc. I've planned to have a bit of Chow mein, a bit of chocolate so that I have the same as everybody just a smaller amount.

I got into a dress that didn't fit me Christmas yesterday. I don't want to undo the good that's miraculously occurred x x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi all,

I went to physio. I did all the exercises that my left knee will allow. They've discharged me at last. Now the thing is this. The lump I'm worrying about on the side of my kNee is swelling so more icing and elevation is needed.

Feeling quite good today x x xx

Having rest now
X x xx
 
Beautiful grandchildren :-)
Glad your physio went ok today. Try a bit of extra ice/elevation time for the swelling?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom