Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I loved reading your PT report @Nana moon 27 - well done you on the wobble board. My PT said that was the exercise I needed to practice more, but as I've finished all my sessions now I couldn't....until I found a wobble board for £5 last week. Do you have a branch of Tiger Stores anywhere near you? They are selling them at the moment, but they change their stock so regularly you can't always go back for something. I love those stores.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27
Hope today is bearable for you - three in succession - not good. Look after yourself in all of the humdrum of the day.

You said ... "The PT came over and looked at me and said how excellent my balance was on the board" This amazed me as I cannot balance well on one leg on the floor - no hope with the wobble board. I keep practicing but I don't think I ever could do this in the past, so it might be quite a while before, like you, i become the star on the wobble board.!
........................................... [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Thank you all very much. It's not so much me. I will be fine...it's my husband I am worried about.

However he is going away for a few days on Tuesday, fishing the start of the season, up in Wales with his ex bil. Our site doesn't open until 28th March. He said he will pop across,vacuum and air it all out x my allergies are a nightmare, day one of the season. He needs this desperately. The difference my going out for the day made yesterday was immense. So I think it's a good idea.

I feel a bit selfish too because I've been begging to go away since January and he's used my knee as the reason not to go anywhere. Still, I'm placating myself with the fact that in a few weeks I shall be up there with my network of dog walking friends. If their dog is small and doesn't pull they give me the lead. They know how much I would love a dog again. I love it when his friend brings his mothers dog to our house. He knows how much it cheers me up playing with the dog, throwing things and best of all fussing him.

Thanks for your wonderful support. TKR much better still today. Left is the left but even that doesn't seem so bad. Amazing what two days good weather can do and resting x

Have a lovely day/evening

All my love Ann x x x ((((((big hugs)))) x x x
 
Glad you had a better day today! It always seems to me that I can tolerate bad days if there are a few good ones sprinkled in here and there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to get in for your left sooner than June. Way to go with the balance board! That is something my PT has never had me do ( or at least not yet). I will be officially discharged from PT for my right on Monday so they can start all over with my left after surgery on the 18th.
I hope you sleep well & have another good day tomorrow!
 
Hi all

Thanks for your messages

I'm going to have to go to sleep. I'm tired beyond tired tonight x the funeral service, the burial and the wake went very well but it's taken my energy. I am going to have an early night and will post in the morning. The positive was my TKR held up great. My left was screaming at me by late this after ok.

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 hope you are feeling alright after your tiring day yesterday?
I had a looking after children day. One was sick so had to be collected from school then taken home when mum got in. Then we took 3 swimming, dropped one off , took two home for tea and bath and then deposited them at home all ready for bed. I slept 8 straight hours last night!
Have a restful day.
 
Hi @SuperSnapper
I felt exhausted reading your post. Wow that was seriously busy. Well done you!

Morning everyone

There was a lot of standing yesterday. My TKR proved itself again. However it did swell a bit. I iced it when I got in and was fine. I kept at the back of everything, so I could keep shifting the weight to either foot. That helped me manage.

I'm having an easyish day today. Need to do some chores round the place. Hubby going out in an hour so I can make as much noise as I like.

See you later

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@Nana moon 27 Glad you survived yesterday without too much pain and aggravation. I REALLY want you to have your next op as soon as possible as it is so unfair for you to have to wait so long when you are in such pain.
Look after yourself and enjoy making as much noise as you can., while you can ...
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
My hubby's sister rang earlier to see if wanted to do a bit of shopping at the big Tesco's. I agreed to go. We parked close enough to the store, then I was able to use one of their electric carts. It was great. The shop wasn't too busy, got a few bargains in lingerie. It was so nice shopping with her as it didn't resemble a trolley dash that I'm used to xxx

I'm really worn out though. I'm at home, feet elevated, really tired but happy xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Well I'm in bed. Left knee playing up. TKR a dull ache but I'm not bothered by that. Fell asleep on the sofa downstairs from 9-10pm. I've come up, taken meds and seeing what's going on around the forum x

I hope everyone is ok. Love to you all (((hugs))) xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hope you get a date soon for your other TKR. Im off to bed very soon as well. After a week of feeling ok energy wise im suddenly feeling very tired and sleepy even during the day x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It soon catches up on you. It's surprising how energy is zapped especially in the early days of recovery like yourself. I hope the op is soon. I can't get my left settled. However, give the meds a bit of time. X x x sleep well @chereb xxx
 
Hi Ann just popped in briefly to catch up. Our beloved Ada passed away Wednesday. Not totally unexpected but still a shock when it does happen. It was her 92nd birthday 2 weeks ago ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @robynhood, Pat,

Oh my sincerest condolences, thoughts and wishes to you and your family. Oh she had done so well considering how poorly she was. Yes, it is always a shock when it happens, however much you may think you're ready to cope. God bless her x

I went to a third funeral of this year, Wednesday just gone. Not the greatest start x

I am so sorry about Ada x sending you a (((((big hug))))) x x x please pass on my respect and condolences to your family.

You know where I am if you want to have a chat x x x please take care Pat x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Thank you Ann. Funeral isnt until 27th. You just sort of get adjusted then its the funeral. We are looking forward to going to Anglesey at Easter. We need the lovely Welsh mountains and scenery. Unwind.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The funerals seem to be very delayed. My hubby's brother died Boxing Day and his funeral wasn't until January 20th, his brother in law passed away in January his Funeral was three weeks later and his close friends funeral was last Wednesday and that was just under four weeks too.

I agree, we need those beautiful mountains of Wales x I'm down for a cancellation op. You watch it occur at Easter, I'm so desperate to get away x

Ooh I just remembered you've got your we caravan you bought last year. Oh you'll enjoy that x it's something to look forward to x x x

Take care Pat, love Ann x

Btw it's lovely having you back posting again x x x x ((((hugs)))) x x x
 
Me and my husband said the same as you. You begin to adjust and then because of the delay in the funeral it feels raw again xxx
 
Its beeen such a difficult time for you Ann sheesh if you said you were doing the grand national those fences would seem like wee hurdles. The future at least looks brighter get other knee done and tha will be doing the can can x

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I had severe insomnia last night. My own fault. No I didn't have a nap but ate a chocolate covered coconut bar (double) and a whole pack of sweets, I relapsed into comfort eating. However today is a new day and yesterday's gone now. Lesson learned, too much sugar not only makes me awake but feel sick too. So then the early hours a bowl of cereal and a hot chocolate. Felt even sicker.

I'm okay just tired this morning. Can't face another sweet in a long time now. Yuk to how my body reacted last night to it. The thought of sweets now yuk!!!

My left knee is playing up already, my TKR is ok but a bit stiff but movement/exercise will rectify that xx

No plans today, eldest daughter away, however, our sons coming to pay his dad some money he owes him. He was over the moon when I told him I'd got his son from lunchtime today. My granddaughter (the dancer) is very excited to see him. They are so close x more like brother and sister xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom