Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Sorry your headache is persisting, Ann. :console2:

What neighbourhood office was it you had to go to? Doesn't sound as if it did you much good!

You had a really ambitious day - probably a bit too much, as you realise.

I hope you have a good night and wake up refreshed.
 
Love your new avatar!
I think it is best you see someone face to face, so rough to have the reaction you had at the neighborhood office.
Hope you get some rest tonight and can take it easy tomorrow,
 
Ann,well done for persevering and still managing to see your friend, I'm sure she would have been so disappointed if you hadn't turned up. But it all sounds very stressful for you, I'm glad you will be able to see someone face to face from now on. Have a rest today and recover from it all. xxx
 
Hi all

My pain levels are ok, meds have kind of kicked in x However, I can no longer lie on my right side on my TKR. That does give me pain then. Unfortunately that is my sleeping side. My shoulder I injured years ago in an accident at work is really hurting if I lie on that side x

I cannot get comfortable x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, with the time change here (spring forward) and me taking such a long nap earlier it leaves me wide awake at this time. Hope you are starting your day and doing well. Hope headache has long since dissipated and that you are feeling less tired and no pain. Do have a blessed day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok fed up. In bed. Knees hurt I've done nothing wrong at all. Funny pain down right hand side of back. Shoulders hurt and I feel like I've been kicked. Very fed up. Have fought this off all day, trying to be cheerful and now cheerfuls gone. I fell asleep for three hours and I'm in bed wide awake ready to start the day but for the pain.

Sorry even Nana has an off time x x x x

Still sending love and hugs to all though x x x x
 
Morning. Had very little sleep and now I'm ready to sleep properly. Got PT this morning. Best snatch a few hours now x x x
 
Ok had lots to so when I got back in. Too much. I've put it all off until tomorrow afternoon. Too tired to cope.

Physio was really good today. I managed to do a bit more exercise wise but didn't get to the ouch! that really hurts point. I got uncomfortable at times but has to try best today. My left leg was rubbish.

I contacted the waiting list dept. she said I am scheduled for June but would I be happy to accept a short notice cancellation. I said yes. So just got to wait for the call x x x
love Nana moon 27 xxoxoxoxoxo
 
@Pumpkln

I can't go on like this x everyday is a different problem all related the the left. My weird walk, stance, twist, the lot. PT was very pleased with how strong my right quad is getting x x

Love Ann x
 
Hi @chereb

I didn't want to hijack your thread with my answer to your question about my recovery.

I had my revision on September 22nd after just not getting any better after my TKR.
I'd had my RTKR done in Jan 2014. I had a lot of problems. I had a fall in hospital on the day after surgery. Then I developed a severe chest infection. Unfortunately for me, although my knee would bend, it never straightened. I was still getting my salary then and paid for private PT. He did fantastic massages and acupuncture that actually worked but it would not straighten. The pain got steadily worse xx

The revision has been the best thing to have done. It has worked but I'm recovering from soft tissue damage where I wrenched both a couple of weeks ago. I've just undergone six weeks hydrotherapy and in the seventh week of nine weeks physio. It does feel strong. I've had a few days before the wrench where it felt like a real, normal knee. I feel it's on it's way back. I did well at PT today. My ROM is 120/0! I'm thrilled at the result. It's 130/0 on my non operated leg.

I am due to have LTKR in June but I'm down for a cancellation xxx fingers crossed it's soon.

Good luck with your recovery Chereb x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi all

The most positive thing happened today at PT for the first time in weeks! I did something amazing today at physio. The one exercise I really enjoy is balancing on a wobble board. I'd got it pretty stable today. The PT came over and looked at me and said how excellent my balance was on the board. She asked if I'd like to be brave and challenge myself. I said ok.

She said hold the rails either side, get down off the wobble board. Step back on it using your TKR leg in the centre and I want you to try balancing on one leg. Hold the rails until you balance. I was a bit scared. I started to balance, lifted my non TKR forward and upward, let go of the rails and balanced, with both arms outstretched. I don't know which of us was more excited.

She called the male physio over and she said did I think I could do it one more try. I pulled my tummy in, made sure my back was straight as I could get it, tucked hips under, clenched my tummy muscles, got my balance and did it again.

He was overjoyed because I was a bit upset because I could not do the stepper properly because of my non TKR didn't like the pressure and pain went straight through it's kneecap. I ended up getting down and doing hamstring curls, holding on to the bars.

He's informed me today he's put me in for two more extra sessions.

I'm looking forward to next week x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all. Left knee.....no comment.....ignoring the temper tantrum toddler there!!! Right knee feels ok. All normal everyday aches and pains associated with this are in residence as usual.

My best friend is coming today to take me to see our ex colleagues (she's also our friend) new house she recently moved to. She's been in touch regularly by text which is nice. The weather here today is beautiful. Blue sky sunshine. I'm looking forward to this. Had a slight attack of nerves, that's because it's an unknown place and area but otherwise I'm ok. I'm a wee bit shaky but I'm determined x

Have a great day. Will be in touch later. Love Ann xxx
 
You have had quite a time Ann. Really hope you get a cancellation soon for your other knee. Stay strong.
Frances x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had a fabulous day out. It was like old times with me and my best friend. We had such a laugh on the journey. Got lost once and did a circular route, courtesy of the sat nav.

We got there. It's a great big detached place it was the stuff you dream about owning. Out the back it overlooked fields. It was absolutely stunning. Our friend treated us so well x x really spoilt us. We had lunch in the conservatory. No problem with my knees. I was sitting on good quality, right height furniture. I took my painkillers with me and took them on time. The kitchen was massive with a great big island in the centre of it x xx x

On the way back my friend said how much she'd enjoyed us being back together again. She came in and had a cup of tea. We both chatted to my husband and he seemed to enjoy that. My granddaughter has come in after school again x x x x

My left knee is rubbish but my TKR is holding x pain wise I feel ok. I took @Pumpkln's advice yesterday and after PT rested and did not a lot (thank you Pumpk1n) x x x

I'm very tired from the journey and the medication x x I'm trying not to fall asleep x x x

Love Nana moon 27x x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds as if you had a really good day, Ann. :SUNsmile:

Your friend sounds lovely. I'm so glad you visited her and she came back to your place.
All signs that you are getting back to normality.
Once that second knee is done, I see a brighter future for you. :fingersx: The signs are all there.
 
Thank you @busylizzie

I was just saying to @suzzee2000, we've the third and please hopefully the last funeral tomorrow. It's my hubby's close friends.

It's at 12 midday. I mightn't be on much until around teatime x x x

How are you feeling now?

Love Ann x x x x
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom