Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Ellejay
The weather here is a miserable as sin. I ache all over. My knees both hurt but I shall take a top up if I need it. I'm trying not to. I've prepared dinner, I've tidied round a bit.

Hubby is repairing the double glazing. It's got so noisy it was like the windows were open. When he took the plastic covering a down there were hole and you could see daylight. Now although he hasn't done the outside cos of the weather, the quiet in the living room is fantastic. Everywhere feels even calmer in this room. The watching traffic go past and hear no noise at all is wonderful. An articulated lorry went past, never heard a thing. Normally you hear the rumble from those things like thunder.
I've been really praising him up for this. We had been discussing saving up for triple glazing!!! No need now.

The downstairs loo is connected up now, so I can use it x yaaay x just got to get floor covering and connect up the wash hand basin. Woohoo!

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi everyone. Long time no see. just had a quick look around the forum sorry youve been in so much pain Anne. Your recovery is taking its toll isnt it. Ive been so caught up in everyday life and just getting back to normal really its a while since Ive been on.. After all the bad news I coped with last this year this year has started so much better..
 
@robynhood ((((((((big hugs)))))) it's lovely you've called in. I'm so pleased to hear that you are doing so well.
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
Good luck with the physio today can you not ask for more as you are getting relief from it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin not only relief but it means I get out twice a week...once to physio and other to shops. Saturday was a bonus cos I asked the girls to take me to a local shop to get some craft bits. I don't usually ask. The odd Sundays I get to mom and dad's. Couldn't go this yesterday he's recovering from food poisoning x d is jumping for joy as this is the last Monday he will go out all that way for a while now x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Oh, well I would still ask the physio.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well I think I have to be reassessed by the original. Whichever way I agree with you @Legin you're right.. I promise I will ask x x x
 
My physio offered to continue if needed. Me thinks she just liked bossing me about

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin you must be bad with the pain...a physio bossing you around...unheard of! You're usually annoying them x ((((hugs)))) x x x x she probably couldn't believe her luck!!! X
 
True easy pickings yip pains a tad annoying posted in my thread. Its life

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi all. I'm going for a blood test at 9am in the morning. My TKR is still slightly swollen. The PT's were worried about the heat from the joint. So they asked me to get a GP appointment and bloods done x x x this weeks should have been my last week and the physio, told me to come again next week. Woohoo extra physio!!! Xxx

Elevating and resting knees, they hurt a bit and need some tlc x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
@ Nana moon 27,

I am sending the sleep fairy your way tonight in the hope you manage a good night's sleep. I worked for me last night!
 
My GP is not convinced it's infected. I have no temperature, although my knee was very swollen and a bit warm, he went ahead and did the bloods x should know in about ten days max x x x

Very tired going to have a nap now. Had a weird night. Something was chasing me and when I woke up because it caught me whatever it was. I woke up wringing wet with sweat x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. I've had a lovely relaxed evening. I was allowed to cook our dinner tonight and not once was I being watched..woohoo.

My granddaughter came here straight from school tonight and oh we did nothing but laugh. She takes my mind off the constant pain and everything.

Anyway hubby came in and said he fancied a fry up but he was tired, so I cooked tonight for a change. Sausage, bacon, Eggs, tomatoes, baked beans. Granddaughter made toast to go with it. All plates were clean after. I was happy.

Okay my knees were killing me but it made me feel so good. I felt useful not useless!!! I kept doing gentle hamstring curls on alternate legs while stand at the cooker, with one hand on the worktop. It felt better dividing the weight across from one to the other, than standing stock still. I had to hold the worktop as my left under load is not to be trusted not to give way. My granddaughter worked out why my bacon tastes so good on a fry up. She said at home they never taste like mine. I never ever cook sausages and bacon in the same pan whereas her mom does. I like bacon to taste of bacon not sausage.

I really should have grilled the lot but hands up, I wanted fried in sunflower oil. I rarely eat this food so when I do I want to enjoy it!!!

Me and my granddaughter were having a laugh later tonight when I was telling her about some of the girls my son had dated when he was younger. She was falling about laughing. Then we went up to my room to watch tv. Before we knew it her mom was here x

So now she's gone. I'm in quite a bit of pain, so I've had an early night. Going to ice and elevate in a minute x x x

I'm tired tonight. I will be around for a while longer then I'm hoping the sleep fairy visits. Please xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
O:console2: sorry to hear about the pain. You must be fed up. You need to get the other knee done so you can progress. Any news on dates yet?

You must be very strong willed to have the small helping. Have you got your blood test results yet?
 
Today was very challenging. I'm overtired as well. My TKR according to my granddaughter feels like a squidgy stress ball. It's not that bad. I've iced and elevated as much as I can. Im going to try for an early night in a bit. I went to the neighbourhood office in the not so good part of the city and I was anxious from the second I left the house with my daughter until we got to the building. It was small and busy. I got worried in case someone went on the rampage in there. I was shaking from head to foot. We got back a couple hours later and I iced and elevated my knee. My daughter went just before lunch. I fell asleep until my phone rang. It was the Healthy Minds support worker calling. Anyway things have to change they don't feel that I'm progressing enough. I will be starting to have one to one sessions at a location not too far away, with one of their support workers face to face.

Then it was time for me to go to my friends house and by now I didn't want to go anywhere, I'd had enough. I wouldn't let her down though because she goes to such a lot of trouble, best china, nice cake etc. I went and managed almost two hours but by then my knee was playing up again. I got home, iced and elevated again.

I've still got that headache. I cannot shift it. I think a good sleep is what I need to try and do. Fingers crossed

I hope you're all okay and not in too much pain. Wishing you a lovely day/night wherever you are...

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom